What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

southsport

First Grade
Most definitely NOT JS back into the halves--he is a forward now--no retro stuff;PLEASE!!!

Dylan Walker was initially a 5/8 coming through the juniors & a very highly rated one.

If Keary happened to be the one injured,Dylan would be my first choice & I'd persevere with him & not judge him there too quickly!

Cody Walker is the obvious next choice to me & was signed to cover 5/8.

He also would need to be given a good chance to prove himself---he has received big raps from some good judges,I believe.

Oh dear doyen, now we've got you all stirred up about Sutto at 5/8 again.......lol.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Most definitely NOT JS back into the halves--he is a forward now--no retro stuff;PLEASE!!!

Dylan Walker was initially a 5/8 coming through the juniors & a very highly rated one.

If Keary happened to be the one injured,Dylan would be my first choice & I'd persevere with him & not judge him there too quickly!

Cody Walker is the obvious next choice to me & was signed to cover 5/8.

He also would need to be given a good chance to prove himself---he has received big raps from some good judges,I believe.

It depends also on how we are placed in the year if injuries strike.

Sutton has great experience at five eighth in big games as R95 said as well.

I'm sure Madge would consider all options available.

In regular season games Sutton is boring at 6 but solid and gets the job done most times which could be what we need.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Oh dear doyen, now we've got you all stirred up about Sutto at 5/8 again.......lol.

Lol:lol: I started that with the Cody Walker current situation and it got me thinking on halves options for 2015 in case Keary or Reynolds get an injury.

rabbitohs95

Bench
If Keary got injured, i'd choose Cody to pair Adam but if it were the other way round i'd choose Sutto to pair Keary.

Rabbits20

Immortal
If Keary got injured, i'd choose Cody to pair Adam but if it were the other way round i'd choose Sutto to pair Keary.

What makes you think that mate?

When Sutto is in the halves with Reynolds I'm guessing you reckon that Reynolds becomes a bit stifled and goes into his shell.

rabbitohs95

Bench
What makes you think that mate?

When Sutto is in the halves with Reynolds I'm guessing you reckon that Reynolds becomes a bit stifled and goes into his shell.

I'd say moreso that Keary and Cody are both inexperienced halves so you'd want Reyno or Sutto to guide them around.

southsport

First Grade
Well hes been dropped to the bench for under 20s and they were thumped last week so I think Colemans a fair way off it at this stage.

I'd have Jordie Hedges from the 20's ahead of him atm. Really took control in the RTR game. Let's not forget Liam's still getting to his feet in NYC.

Hedges was the other in the back of my mind but I have seen neither. I heard someone give Coleman big raps in the pre-season, what is your assessment?

doyen

Bench
Lol:lol: I started that with the Cody Walker current situation and it got me thinking on halves options for 2015 in case Keary or Reynolds get an injury.

Stirred is not the word--maybe greatly AGITATED is getting a little close!!!!

Sths would have to think themselves in a very poor state roster-wise to even consider sending a bloke like JS back to the future.

He's going great guns in the forwards & should have his big boots rooted to the backrow;PERMANENTLY!!

I've really started to enjoy the style of f/ball Sths are now displaying.

I was STIRRED out of my slumber late last season when JS was injured[a miracle occurred,sorry JS]& we immediately transformed into a superior team o/nite.

His injury,& subsequently his removal from 5/8 was,IMO,the reason we went on to comfortably win the flag.And it took only a rookie,inKeary,to show how much better we could be without JS there.

I doubt that Madge would want that previous slothful mentality in the backs to return!!!

Last edited:

southsport

First Grade

Sths would have to think themselves in a very poor state roster-wise to even consider sending a bloke like JS back to the future.

He's going great guns in the forwards & should have his big boots rooted to the backrow;PERMANENTLY!!

I was STIRRED out of my slumber late last season when JS was injured[a miracle occurred,sorry JS]& we immediately transformed into a superior team o/nite.

His injury,& subsequently his removal from 5/8 was,IMO,the reason we went on to comfortably win the flag.And it took only a rookie,inKeary,to show how much better we could be without JS there.

I doubt that Madge would want that previous slothful mentality in the backs to return!!!

doyen, now that you are agitated, I must say that your assessment of 2014 is correct.

Auva'a to appeal indefinite suspension

SMH.com.au
– March 8, 2015Injuries & Suspensions, Kirisome Auva'a, News, South Sydney Rabbitohs
kirisome-auvaa.jpg

Kirisome Auva'a has sought leave to appeal the severity of his suspension for domestic violence after being stood down until round 22 this year.
Auva'a, who is off contract at the end of the season, was suspended indefinitely after a Melbourne magistrate imposed a $3000 fine and a two-year good-behaviour bond on the Rabbitohs centre for attacking his former girlfriend in a jealous rage. The NRL has told Auva'a he will need to complete a range of courses and programs covering issues including violence against women, alcohol abuse and anger management.
The appeal will go before NRL appeals tribunal chairman Ian Callinan, QC.
NRL boss Dave Smith has previously stated Auva'a won't be eligible to return for a period of at least nine months. The NRL asked the Rabbitohs to remove images of Auva'a from a membership video last month.
Read more at SMH.com.a

http://www.nospam9/nrl/auvaa-to-appeal-indefinite-suspension-16617/

southsport

First Grade
Has Tom already been signed by manly? From the telegraph earlier this month.

m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/sport-confidential-son-of-former-souths-halfback-craig-coleman-set-to-get-first-taste-of-nrl-footy-in-the-charity-shield/story-fnp0lyn3-1227209703186

SEA EAGLES CEO SHOW WHO’S BOSS

THE internal feud at Manly is growing increasingly toxic after new CEO Joe Kelly wielded the axe on two of the club’s long-*serving front-office staff on Monday.

The reason? Kelly suspects one of them has been leaking information to the media, including The Sunday Telegraph story two weeks ago about his heated verbal confrontation with coach Geoff Toovey.

The duo engaged in a blazing row in front of numerous staff over the signing of new recruit Luke Burgess and his younger brother and English international Tom, who is still at South Sydney.

Both recruitment calls were Kelly-led decisions.

alien

Referee

m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/sport-confidential-son-of-former-souths-halfback-craig-coleman-set-to-get-first-taste-of-nrl-footy-in-the-charity-shield/story-fnp0lyn3-1227209703186

SEA EAGLES CEO SHOW WHO?S BOSS

THE internal feud at Manly is growing increasingly toxic after new CEO Joe Kelly wielded the axe on two of the club?s long-*serving front-office staff on Monday.

The reason? Kelly suspects one of them has been leaking information to the media, including The Sunday Telegraph story two weeks ago about his heated verbal confrontation with coach Geoff Toovey.

The duo engaged in a blazing row in front of numerous staff over the signing of new recruit Luke Burgess and his younger brother and English international Tom, who is still at South Sydney.

wtf it's the first i've heard about tom going to manly

Rabbits20

Immortal

SEA EAGLES CEO SHOW WHO?S BOSS

THE internal feud at Manly is growing increasingly toxic after new CEO Joe Kelly wielded the axe on two of the club?s long-*serving front-office staff on Monday.

I heard about that too.

Manly now have lots of money to spend with DCE and Foran leaving plus their forwards aren't the strongest this season.

Manly could make Tom a massive offer and unfortunately we probably won't be able to match it for the 2016 season. Can only hope Tom stays loyal.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Very good post Doyen.

Unfortunately though if there is an injury to Keary or Reynolds for a few weeks Sutton may be moved back to 6 by Madge. I'd rather him not go back to 6 as it will make as slower and predictable in attack, but if there are injuries in the halves at times in the year not much can be done unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts