What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Interesting to see if he develops into a hooker, we do need a backup for McInnes if Issac gets injured.

Yep McInnes probably would play 55-60 mins and Sorensen could play 20-25mins.

But I'm gonna be positive. Issac will not get injured this year:D

Rabbits20

Immortal
Titans have some cash to spend too...

Yeah they do. Just in general now that DCE has signed up there players from the other 15 clubs may be tempted to go up there for good money.

The Titans like signing up Souths players too.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Yeah they do. Just in general now that DCE has signed up there players from the other 15 clubs may be tempted to go up there for good money.

Let's see

Mark Minichiello
Ashley Harrison
Beau Falloon
Beau Champion
James Roberts
Eddy Pettybourne

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think that was part of the conditions of his release, if he returns to the NRL Souths will get first option.

Yes Souths get 1st option.

How will we have enough in our cap???

Johnston would definitely have to go and a couple of others for sure.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Let's see

Mark Minichiello
Ashley Harrison
Beau Falloon
Beau Champion
James Roberts
Eddy Pettybourne

Dave Taylor and probably others...........

Our U20s guy Christian Hazard.

They also targeted Keary and McQueen but failed:lol::lol:

Who'll be next?

Probably Tyrrell and Grevsmuhl will be targeted for 2016.

southsport

First Grade

If the titans keep paying "overs" like they did to sign DCE they won't be signing too many top shelf players.

Rabbits20

Immortal
If the titans keep paying "overs" like they did to sign DCE they won't be signing too many top shelf players.

Yeah but noone wants to go there as its a mess of a club currently unless they get paid overs.

Imo if a player gets offered about what they should be getting paid to go to the Titans they won't accept the offer.

souths_pride

Juniors
Yes Souths get 1st option.

How will we have enough in our cap???

Johnston would definitely have to go and a couple of others for sure.

Thats going to be the interesting thing. I would actually let Greg Inglis go before I'd let Johnston go. Johnston is the future and from all reports a top, top fullback according to his team mates in training. Next year Greg Inglis will be 29 and surely would only a couple of more years left at the top - his best years may even be behind him. That's if he actually wants to stay in rugby league! Greg Inglis moving abroad and trying his hand at rugby could be a blessing in disguise as it will free up valuable salary cap space for re-signing Sam Burgess. Another thing to take into account is the powers that NRL has to allow teams to break the cap if its in the best interests of the game. David Smith has already come out and said before Sam left that he will grant Souths a concession if Sam wants to come back. So that may also throw a cat amongst the pigeons. It will be interesting to see what happens but I can't see Sam Burgess playing for another NRL team.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Thats going to be the interesting thing. I would actually let Greg Inglis go before I'd let Johnston go. Johnston is the future and from all reports a top, top fullback according to his team mates in training. Next year Greg Inglis will be 29 and surely would only a couple of more years left at the top - his best years may even be behind him. That's if he actually wants to stay in rugby league! Greg Inglis moving abroad and trying his hand at rugby could be a blessing in disguise as it will free up valuable salary cap space for re-signing Sam Burgess. Another thing to take into account is the powers that NRL has to allow teams to break the cap if its in the best interests of the game. David Smith has already come out and said before Sam left that he will grant Souths a concession if Sam wants to come back. So that may also throw a cat amongst the pigeons. It will be interesting to see what happens but I can't see Sam Burgess playing for another NRL team.

Yeah, I'm 90percent confident if Sam wants to come back it will be to us as Sam has said if he does make a return.

There's a small bit of doubt though in my mind he may go elsewhere if he returns.

southsport

First Grade
Off topic, but there are strong rumours that James Maloney has been offered big money by manly and the titans for 2016..........he is off contract at seasons end, isn't he?

Achillies

Juniors
I would actually let Greg Inglis go before I'd let Johnston go.

Came in here to say the same thing. If G.I is dead set on finishing his career in Brisbane maybe the club should move that forward. Its in his best interest and ours. It would be criminal to hang onto G.I for one more year and not have enough money to retain Johnston and sign Sammy. A year later G.I leaves and we'd be left without any of them.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Off topic, but there are strong rumours that James Maloney has been offered big money by manly and the titans for 2016..........he is off contract at seasons end, isn't he?

Yes he is off contract. He imo is not worth big money.

Maloney was poor in today's game.

But I guess Manly and the Titans are currently desperate for player signings.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Came in here to say the same thing. If G.I is dead set on finishing his career in Brisbane maybe the club should move that forward. Its in his best interest and ours. It would be criminal to hang onto G.I for one more year and not have enough money to retain Johnston and sign Sammy. A year later G.I leaves and we'd be left without any of them.

Very good point there. We don't want to be left without any of them.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Was talking to other Souths members who I know at the game and they said they're pretty sure Tom has signed with Manly for next year but he's currently just keeping it quiet.

I really hope this isn't the case.

In next month we will most likely here more about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts