What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

southsport

First Grade
Was talking to other Souths members who I know at the game and they said they're pretty sure Tom has signed with Manly for next year but he's currently just keeping it quiet.

I really hope this isn't the case.

In next month we will most likely here more about this.

I wouldn't like to see him go but players do have to consider their own future.

Zigwaa

Bench
Was talking to other Souths members who I know at the game and they said they're pretty sure Tom has signed with Manly for next year but he's currently just keeping it quiet.

Their source?

wow,have to sit this one out until confirmation.

Achillies

Juniors

With all the negative press at Manly at the moment if they'd signed anyone we'd be hearing about it.

Achillies

Juniors
Tunksy on 2SM just confirmed the rumour.Apparently he has been offered big $$$$

As of today they need a 6 and 7 for next season. Quality halves aren't cheap. I'd be suprised if they started buying forwards before sorting out there halves. I don't know if he is worth the same sort of money George or Sam would be.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I wouldn't like to see him go but players do have to consider their own future.

Yeah loyalty really isn't all that common these days it's all about the money players can get. With the salary cap and Souths being successful it's hard to hold onto players.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Their source?

I'm not all that sure but they told me that Tom wants it kept private for the moment and apparently he's signed with Manly for 2016 to be with his brother Luke and more money.

I am hoping it's wrong. I couldn't stand us losing him to Manly.

souths_pride

Juniors
Tunksy on 2SM just confirmed the rumour.Apparently he has been offered big $$$$
I'd be pretty surprised if they would put all their eggs in one basket on a forward, while highly talented, is still finding his way in first grade; I just don't feel he is proven in first grade yet to warrant a huge salary I'm not questioning his talent, but if they've offered him big dollars to go over to Manly, then I would say that its a panic signing and they're paying overs for him.

Last edited:

souths_pride

Juniors
As of today they need a 6 and 7 for next season. Quality halves aren't cheap. I'd be suprised if they started buying forwards before sorting out there halves. I don't know if he is worth the same sort of money George or Sam would be.

Spot on! They're going to need all the cash they can get to buy halves because the thing is there are not many quality halves available (i.e. that are off contract or want to leave) and the junior talent coming through there isn't that flash. So essentially what they are going to have to do is to pay overs for halves for the likes of Hodkinson to tempt them away from resigning for their current clubs.

southsport

First Grade
Spot on! They're going to need all the cash they can get to buy halves because the thing is there are not many quality halves available (i.e. that are off contract or want to leave) and the junior talent coming through there isn't that flash. So essentially what they are going to have to do is to pay overs for halves for the likes of Hodkinson to tempt them away from resigning for their current clubs.

They expect to have success every year and are trying to buy it immediately..........it won't work because as you say they will be paying overs, and that leaves less to build the rest of the team.

They need to buy young guys and bring them along slowly.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'd be pretty surprised if they would put all their eggs in one basket on a forward, while highly talented, is still finding his way in first grade; I just don't feel he is proven in first grade yet to warrant a huge salary I'm not questioning his talent, but if they've offered him big dollars to go over to Manly, then I would say that its a panic signing and they're paying overs for him.

Joe Kelly is the one trying to obviously get Tom over to Manly.

There is no doubt a lot of friction at Manly and it may make them suffer in their decision making with player contracts as you mentioned.

southsport

First Grade
Joe Kelly is the one trying to obviously get Tom over to Manly.

There is no doubt a lot of friction at Manly and it may make them suffer in their decision making with player contracts as you mentioned.

I wonder for how long Joe Kelly can put up with the situation at that club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts