What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Madge has been known to throw a spanner in the works a few times with injuries. I can defs see someone not named getting a gig on the bench this week.

Unless i havent heard or seen any other injury or suspension report, i think a sign could be that none of Whitelaw, Brown or Taukafa? has been named in any team this week.

BOLD prediction, reddy dropped for Taukafa. Clark or Grevs to start for Sutton and Whitelaw to the bench to make his debut

Fair observations, I would not be surprised if those aforementioned players come in. Would be a good game to get some first grade experience in.

Rabbits20

Immortal
The NRL can't do special deals for manly, if the NRL want to pay Sam to come back then they pay him and he goes on the open market for clubs to put in their offers.

I went on roosters forum and one of their guys was having a go at Souths and how we were gotten rid of from comp.........

So I replied with a post that wasn't at all bullying or rude.

Then I get an e mail saying I breached forum rules. The Roosters guy who posted contacted his moderator I think now I have the warning I can be gotten rid of. There was bit of banter started by this guy and I didn't cross the line.

What bull shit. I haven't done anything wrong it's frustrating.

On LU in general Souths fans get treated the worst and we don't do that much wrong.

I have seen really bad posts on LU from certain posters constantly. Yet they continue to do it.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I don't know what this means it say I breached the rules as my post had potential libel. What does that even mean?

I went on roosters forum and one of their guys was having a go at Souths and how we were gotten rid of from comp.........

So I replied with a post that wasn't at all bullying or rude.

Then I get an e mail saying I breached forum rules. The Roosters guy who posted contacted his moderator I think now I have the warning I can be gotten rid of. There was bit of banter started by this guy and I didn't cross the line.

What bull shit. I haven't done anything wrong it's frustrating.

On LU in general Souths fans get treated the worst and we don't do that much wrong.

I have seen really bad posts on LU from certain posters constantly. Yet they continue to do it.

Not wrong.

Rabbits20

Immortal
<LI role=menuitem class=tmhf-li>

Sutton To Miss Up To Six Weeks with Fractured Jaw

Words: Jeremy Monahan I Photo: Robb Cox - nrlphotos.com
Wed 18th March, 03:42PM A A http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/_jcr_content/par/newslist_95ce.rss

Bad news for us. McQueen to 2nd row and Lowe to lock.

Bench:

Grevsmuhl
Clark
Tom
Grant

I reckon that will be what Madge does.

1426653881233.jpg
John Sutton : Digital Image by Robb Cox ©nrlphotos.com: :NRL Rugby League - Rabbitohs V Roosters at ANZ Stadium, Sunday March 15th 2015.

Rabbitohs forward John Sutton will miss up to six weeks of football after sustaining a fractured jaw in Sunday&#8217;s victory over the Sydney Roosters.
Sutton suffered the injury, an incomplete fracture of his jaw, in the first half of Sunday&#8217;s game.
The Rabbitohs will finalise their line up one hour prior to kick off on Sunday afternoon for their round three match up against the Wests Tigers.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2015/03/18/sutton_to_miss_up_to.html

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
The NRL can't do special deals for manly, if the NRL want to pay Sam to come back then they pay him and he goes on the open market for clubs to put in their offers.

Yeah good point. But Manly for some reason seem to think they're entitled to a special deal.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Actually, arguably if Politis and his tricky ways hadn't gotten Souths kicked out of the comp for two years, I don't think Souths would have been elevated to the place where they are today. The whole saga eventually backfired on Nick big time.

I was saying on Roosters forum they will crumble when Politis isnt around.

As you can read a few posts before........ I got an email saying I breached forum rules and all that stuff.

I had mentioned Politis in the post as I've said but seems like doing so can get you kicked off LU altogether for "so called bullying"

I got warned as well for potential libel whatever that means?

I didn't do anything bad.

There was a bit of banter nothing more as there always is between Souths and Roosters supporters.

Southsport I agree with your good post too. You can say it's worked out perfectly for us for what Souths have been through.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Agree.

Lol.........what is this zen 5hit anyway?

On another note, rumour that Sutto is out for six weeks with a broken jaw and Ben Lowe is out with a bulging disk..........unconfirmed of course.

Grant and Whitelaw will most likely come in.

southsport

First Grade
I don't know what this means it say I breached the rules as my post had potential libel. What does that even mean?

You are playing the game wrong.........next time they say something about Souths getting kicked out of the comp, just tell them how wonderful Nick Politis is because if he hadn't had Souths kicked out, Souths wouldn't be the force in Sydney rugby league that it is today........that'll really make them blow a fuse!!! :lol:

alien

Referee
"McQueen to 2nd row and Lowe to lock.

Bench:
Grevsmuhl
Clark
Tom
Grant

I reckon that will be what Madge does."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

i agree! McQueen is better out wider in the 2nd row anyway. Sutton is a loss but is manageable whilst there aren't too many injuries. looking forward to seeing how Grant goes. Souths should be too strong for the kittens

southsport

First Grade
"McQueen to 2nd row and Lowe to lock.

Bench:
Grevsmuhl
Clark
Tom
Grant

I reckon that will be what Madge does."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

i agree! McQueen is better out wider in the 2nd row anyway. Sutton is a loss but is manageable whilst there aren't too many injuries. looking forward to seeing how Grant goes. Souths should be too strong for the kittens

What if Lowe is out too?

Rabbits20

Immortal
You are playing the game wrong.........next time they say something about Souths getting kicked out of the comp, just tell them how wonderful Nick Politis is because if he hadn't had Souths kicked out, Souths wouldn't be the force in Sydney rugby league that it is today........that'll really make them blow a fuse!!! :lol:

:lol::lol:

Rabbits20

Immortal
What if Lowe is out too?

I just had a look at our under 20s side and Norths sides and I noticed a couple of things.

Whitelaw was not named in either line up.

Brown was not named for Norths

Taukafa not named for Norths but Manuleleau and Gray are named for Norths.

I reckon your mail on Lowe is correct and he will be out. Have you heard rumours how long he will be out and what's suspected to be wrong with Lowe??

Also like others have said Taukafa in for Reddy is a reasonable chance of happening.

Rabbits20

Immortal
then clark or tom to start at lock. i hear brown is going well in nsw cup. he might go well against his old club (starting from the interchange)...

This is what I reckon if Lowe is out injured:

George
Issac
Tyrrell
Stewart
McQueen
Clark

Interchange:
Grevsmuhl
Tom
Grant
Whitelaw/Brown (I would pick Whitelaw)

One thing we know is with Sutto out Grant will get a chance to prove himself off the bench this week. Yesterday he was named by Madge as 18th man again.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I just had a thought. Before his Mormon mission Taukafa was a Tigers junior and as we know Brown was a Tigers junior who went on to play NSW cup.

Madge could very well be giving them their chance against their previous sides in the hope that they play really well and kickstart their careers.

That may be what Madge has up his sleeve.

southsport

First Grade
I just had a look at our under 20s side and Norths sides and I noticed a couple of things.

Whitelaw was not named in either line up.

Brown was not named for Norths

Taukafa not named for Norths but Manuleleau and Gray are named for Norths.

I reckon your mail on Lowe is correct and he will be out. Have you heard rumours how long he will be out and what's suspected to be wrong with Lowe??

Also like others have said Taukafa in for Reddy is a reasonable chance of happening.

Lowe has a bulging disk in his neck they said.

Also that Madge will finalise the team one hour before kick-off.

NRL season 2015: South Sydney winger Alex Johnston wants to remain at Rabbitohs despite offers elsewhere

&#8220;I&#8217;ve played fullback growing up in junior levels and I definitely think I am a fullback,&#8221; Johnston told Fox Sports.
&#8220;That&#8217;s my best position, I think so and I definitely want to be there some day.
&#8220;But at the moment my best position for this side is on the wing and wherever that leads, if I get a crack (at fullback) with a spot in first grade I&#8217;ll take it when it comes. But I&#8217;m only just 20 at the moment, there&#8217;s no rush and I&#8217;m more than happy here at the Rabbitohs.
&#8220;I&#8217;d like to get my contract done as soon as possible but things take time so I&#8217;m not too worried about it. I&#8217;ve got footy to worry about; the rest will sort itself out and I&#8217;ve left it with my manager.&#8221;
The Rabbitohs have a number of their gun youngsters coming off contract, with Tom Burgess, Chris Grevsmuhl, Cameron McInnes, injured backrower Kyle Turner and the suspended Kirisome Auva&#8217;a as well as Johnston all unsigned beyond the end of 2015.
As is the case for any champion side in the modern game, retaining the core of Souths premiership winning outfit looms as a significant battle, with Sam Burgess, Ben Te&#8217;o, Lote Tuqiri and Apisai Koroisau &#8212; all members of last year&#8217;s grand final team &#8212; no longer at the club.
But the recent signatures of star halves Adam Reynolds (tied up until the end of 2017) and Luke Keary (2016), as well as Dylan Walker (2016), who Johnston has played alongside in the Rabbitohs juniors since the age of 13, are all key ingredients in securing Johnston&#8217;s services.
&#8220;Definitely, that&#8217;s one of the big things for me, we call ourselves the next generation here and it&#8217;s great coming through with guys like Dylan I&#8217;ve played my whole career with in the juniors,&#8221; Johnston said.
&#8220;We have that sense of family here and we&#8217;re a tight bunch of kids. We&#8217;re definitely trying to keep this core of young blokes together and stay here at the club long term.
&#8220;Win a few more premierships; that&#8217;s the plan, but obviously we don&#8217;t go too far beyond the week-to-week stuff.&#8221;
As for the week-to-week NRL caper, it&#8217;s a case of steady as she goes for the 20-year-old La Perouse junior. Any notion of the dreaded second-year syndrome is even less of a concern than his current contract situation.
With recent Dally M Rookie of the Year winners Reynolds and George Burgess having backed up stellar debut years with even better second seasons, there&#8217;s plenty of advice on the subject around Redfern should Johnston wish to seek it out. For now though, having scored in each of the Bunnies&#8217; two games this year, the kid&#8217;s confident he&#8217;s got it sorted.
&#8220;You just don&#8217;t worry about it, that&#8217;s the way to handle (second year syndrome),&#8221; Johnston said.
&#8220;We just focus on ourselves here, and if you&#8217;re training hard on the paddock that&#8217;s going to transfer over to the game and that&#8217;s what we&#8217;ve been doing, and that&#8217;s what I&#8217;ve been doing.
It&#8217;s not about stepping up just because it&#8217;s your second year or whatever, you just keep aiming to improve and maintain your high standards.&#8221;

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...e89acf4ffa8227d328c6529#.VQn4C_J1ZME.facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts