What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

souths_pride

Juniors
I wonder for how long Joe Kelly can put up with the situation at that club.

What I don't get is why on earth they reduced their offer for Cherry-Evans. I don't know all the ins and outs of the saga but I thought the whole reason why they let Glenn Stewart leave was so they could retain Cherry-Evans and Foran by meeting their salary demands.

Rabbits20

Immortal
What I don't get is why on earth they reduced their offer for Cherry-Evans. I don't know all the ins and outs of the saga but I thought the whole reason why they let Glenn Stewart leave was so they could retain Cherry-Evans and Foran by meeting their salary demands.

That's what I thought too.

Oh well I am happy Manly are in a mess.

alien

Referee
the rumour is if sam doesnt make the english world cup squad later this year, he will come back to the nrl next year. tom going to moanly would make more space under the cap for sammy

souths_pride

Juniors
We could always do a "St George" re Gasnier and sign Sammy for 70K!
haha the problem is the NRL changed the rules after that happened. What happens now is that the salary cap auditor now slaps a minimum price that teams have to pay a player returning to the game. It happened with Israel Folau and Parramatta. Izzy was all set to sign with Parramatta but Ian Schubert bumped up the price on him and Parra couldn't fit him in under their cap.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
the rumour is if sam doesnt make the english world cup squad later this year, he will come back to the nrl next year. tom going to moanly would make more space under the cap for sammy

Yeah that's a good point there Alien.

We will just have to see how it all pans out.

Rabbits20

Immortal
We could always do a "St George" re Gasnier and sign Sammy for 70K!

:lol::lol:

Politis on another note is an idiot.

I reckon he pays Roosters players out of his filthy rich pockets adding onto what they get on top of the salary cap. That's just so the players don't obviously move on.

It's hard for Souths to keep the players who we actually developed as juniors. Other clubs want to snatch them and we don't do dodgy business in the background like filthy Politis. He's such a conniving man.

Rabbits20

Immortal

That's a good article.

Imo there is quite a possibility GI will leave after 2016 season.

Manly want help financially from NRL with a special deal to sign Sam and bring him back to league.

I'd think Souths will have 1st crack at Sam on a special deal.

If Sam comes back to league it will be war between Souths and Manly to see who gets him. It would most likely get ugly.

Crowe will no doubt have an influence and hopefully he could bring Sam back to Souths if he comes back.

southsport

First Grade
That's a good article.

Manly want help financially from NRL with a special deal to sign Sam and bring him back to league.

If Sam comes back to league it will be war between Souths and Manly to see who gets him. It would most likely get ugly.

Crowe will no doubt have an influence and hopefully he could bring Sam back to Souths if he comes back.

The NRL can't do special deals for manly, if the NRL want to pay Sam to come back then they pay him and he goes on the open market for clubs to put in their offers.

southsport

First Grade
:lol::lol:

Politis on another note is an idiot.

I reckon he pays Roosters players out of his filthy rich pockets adding onto what they get on top of the salary cap. That's just so the players don't obviously move on.

It's hard for Souths to keep the players who we actually developed as juniors. Other clubs want to snatch them and we don't do dodgy business in the background like filthy Politis. He's such a conniving man.

Actually, arguably if Politis and his tricky ways hadn't gotten Souths kicked out of the comp for two years, I don't think Souths would have been elevated to the place where they are today. The whole saga eventually backfired on Nick big time.

hurricane57

Juniors
Actually, arguably if Politis and his tricky ways hadn't gotten Souths kicked out of the comp for two years, I don't think Souths would have been elevated to the place where they are today. The whole saga eventually backfired on Nick big time.

Wow, that is so 'zen' Southy.

This whole business is becoming murkier and murkier.
There are so many scumbags involved at the player marketing and contract level.
Nothing is worth the paper it's written on.
Just look at the SBW contract with the Bulldogs. The salary cap system is failing to meet salient points for which it was designed e.g. a leveling of team strengths re marquee players.
Funny, after forty three years Souths finally develop a great team and the r/l world screams about players needing to go to, of all teams, Manly, because they've had a few players leave. Christ, Manly have figured in the finals since armmmmm forever. Might be about time Cronulla had a chance - send Sam to Cronulla.

Think I'll just relax and watch the world go by. Nirvana, where are you.:sarcasm:

southsport

First Grade
Wow, that is so 'zen' Southy.

This whole business is becoming murkier and murkier.
There are so many scumbags involved at the player marketing and contract level.
Nothing is worth the paper it's written on.
Just look at the SBW contract with the Bulldogs. The salary cap system is failing to meet salient points for which it was designed e.g. a leveling of team strengths re marquee players.
Funny, after forty three years Souths finally develop a great team and the r/l world screams about players needing to go to, of all teams, Manly, because they've had a few players leave. Christ, Manly have figured in the finals since armmmmm forever. Might be about time Cronulla had a chance - send Sam to Cronulla.

Think I'll just relax and watch the world go by. Nirvana, where are you.:sarcasm:

Agree.

Lol.........what is this zen 5hit anyway?

On another note, rumour that Sutto is out for six weeks with a broken jaw and Ben Lowe is out with a bulging disk..........unconfirmed of course.

rabbitohs95

Bench
On another note, rumour that Sutto is out for six weeks with a broken jaw and Ben Lowe is out with a bulging disk..........unconfirmed of course.

Ooh not good signs. Sounds exactly the same as last year when we played the Tigers the first time round and we had McQueen and Walker out and lost. Hopefully not the same.

So that'll mean Clark to lock, McQueen to second row and Grant on the bench?

southsport

First Grade
Ooh not good signs. Sounds exactly the same as last year when we played the Tigers the first time round and we had McQueen and Walker out and lost. Hopefully not the same.

So that'll mean Clark to lock, McQueen to second row and Grant on the bench?

r95, nothing more has been said, sometimes these injuries are just speculation that somehow get repeated as fact..........I'll post if I find out more.

souths_pride

Juniors
That's a good article.

I wouldn't mind losing Greg Inglis after 2016. How old will he be then? 29? 30? Surely his best years will be behind him at that age. Inglis takes up a hell of a lot of salary cap space and letting him go will arguably free up space for us to bring back Sam Burgess who arguably won more games and is more vital to South Sydney than Inglis. Also, if you believe what other Souths players say about Alex Johnston, then he is an unbelievable fullback who will fill the void left by Inglis.

As for the 'war' between Manly and Souths over Sam Burgess, I don't really see how it will get to that stage. Souths have first and last rights to sign him; I think we will move heaven and earth to get him back. Also, this rumor and innuendo is based purely on speculation that he wants to come back and pull the plug on Rugby Union. I clicked onto his instagram a few days ago after the rumors started and there is a picture of him where he mentioned that he was buying stuff to fit out his new apartment in Bath - that would seem to be strange for guy who is unhappy and wants to come back to Australia.

<LI role=menuitem class=tmhf-li>

Sutton To Miss Up To Six Weeks with Fractured Jaw

Words: Jeremy Monahan I Photo: Robb Cox - nrlphotos.com
Wed 18th March, 03:42PM A A http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/_jcr_content/par/newslist_95ce.rss

1426653881233.jpg
John Sutton : Digital Image by Robb Cox ©nrlphotos.com: :NRL Rugby League - Rabbitohs V Roosters at ANZ Stadium, Sunday March 15th 2015.

Rabbitohs forward John Sutton will miss up to six weeks of football after sustaining a fractured jaw in Sunday’s victory over the Sydney Roosters.
Sutton suffered the injury, an incomplete fracture of his jaw, in the first half of Sunday’s game.
The Rabbitohs will finalise their line up one hour prior to kick off on Sunday afternoon for their round three match up against the Wests Tigers.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2015/03/18/sutton_to_miss_up_to.html

Hellray

Juniors
Madge has been known to throw a spanner in the works a few times with injuries. I can defs see someone not named getting a gig on the bench this week.

Unless i havent heard or seen any other injury or suspension report, i think a sign could be that none of Whitelaw, Brown or Taukafa? has been named in any team this week.

BOLD prediction, reddy dropped for Taukafa. Clark or Grevs to start for Sutton and Whitelaw to the bench to make his debut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts