What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arda.dalcik

Juniors
talk going around on the eels forums that johnston was spotted observing the facilities at the eels stadium.

for what i think will occur this weeks game if lowe is ruled out alongside sutton.

would be to switch mcqueen to suttos position bring clark to lock and onto the bench bring grant.

Johnston will be a million to one to go elsewhere. He is being groomed as a replacement fullback for Inglis and he knows it.

If you want my theory on how things will play out, I reckon this will be Inglis' last year here at Souths. He will take the big money on offer to spend some time in Europe and we will take the big money that will be offered to buy him out of the final year of his contract. $1mill plus will be hard to ignore.

This will give us the cap space to retain a lot of these talented young blokes we have coming through.

southsport

First Grade
Johnston will be a million to one to go elsewhere. He is being groomed as a replacement fullback for Inglis and he knows it.

If you want my theory on how things will play out, I reckon this will be Inglis' last year here at Souths. He will take the big money on offer to spend some time in Europe and we will take the big money that will be offered to buy him out of the final year of his contract. $1mill plus will be hard to ignore.

This will give us the cap space to retain a lot of these talented young blokes we have coming through.

If GI wants to go to Europe it would probably be best to go before his kids start school.

Rabbits20

Immortal
NRL season 2015: South Sydney winger Alex Johnston wants to remain at Rabbitohs despite offers elsewhere

?I?ve played fullback growing up in junior levels and I definitely think I am a fullback,? Johnston told Fox Sports.
?That?s my best position, I think so and I definitely want to be there some day.
?But at the moment my best position for this side is on the wing and wherever that leads, if I get a crack (at fullback) with a spot in first grade I?ll take it when it comes. But I?m only just 20 at the moment, there?s no rush and I?m more than happy here at the Rabbitohs.
?I?d like to get my contract done as soon as possible but things take time so I?m not too worried about it. I?ve got footy to worry about; the rest will sort itself out and I?ve left it with my manager.?
The Rabbitohs have a number of their gun youngsters coming off contract, with Tom Burgess, Chris Grevsmuhl, Cameron McInnes, injured backrower Kyle Turner and the suspended Kirisome Auva?a as well as Johnston all unsigned beyond the end of 2015.
As is the case for any champion side in the modern game, retaining the core of Souths premiership winning outfit looms as a significant battle, with Sam Burgess, Ben Te?o, Lote Tuqiri and Apisai Koroisau ? all members of last year?s grand final team ? no longer at the club.
But the recent signatures of star halves Adam Reynolds (tied up until the end of 2017) and Luke Keary (2016), as well as Dylan Walker (2016), who Johnston has played alongside in the Rabbitohs juniors since the age of 13, are all key ingredients in securing Johnston?s services.
?Definitely, that?s one of the big things for me, we call ourselves the next generation here and it?s great coming through with guys like Dylan I?ve played my whole career with in the juniors,? Johnston said.
?We have that sense of family here and we?re a tight bunch of kids. We?re definitely trying to keep this core of young blokes together and stay here at the club long term.
?Win a few more premierships; that?s the plan, but obviously we don?t go too far beyond the week-to-week stuff.?
As for the week-to-week NRL caper, it?s a case of steady as she goes for the 20-year-old La Perouse junior. Any notion of the dreaded second-year syndrome is even less of a concern than his current contract situation.
With recent Dally M Rookie of the Year winners Reynolds and George Burgess having backed up stellar debut years with even better second seasons, there?s plenty of advice on the subject around Redfern should Johnston wish to seek it out. For now though, having scored in each of the Bunnies? two games this year, the kid?s confident he?s got it sorted.
?You just don?t worry about it, that?s the way to handle (second year syndrome),? Johnston said.
?We just focus on ourselves here, and if you?re training hard on the paddock that?s going to transfer over to the game and that?s what we?ve been doing, and that?s what I?ve been doing.
It?s not about stepping up just because it?s your second year or whatever, you just keep aiming to improve and maintain your high standards.?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...e89acf4ffa8227d328c6529#.VQn4C_J1ZME.facebook

That is very good news.

Dylan, AJ, Keary and Reynolds are all a tight bunch and enjoy playing together.

Rabbits20

Immortal

It's hard to say this early on in the year but you could quite possibly be right there and you make very good points. Although it wouldn't surprise if Inglis stays at Souths then leaves after season 2016.

Rabbits20

Immortal
talk going around on the eels forums that johnston was spotted observing the facilities at the eels stadium.

for what i think will occur this weeks game if lowe is ruled out alongside sutton.

would be to switch mcqueen to suttos position bring clark to lock and onto the bench bring grant.

I'm very confident Johnston will re sign. Most likely until the end of season 2017.

Turner Neck Surgery A Success Say Souths

South Sydney back-rower Kyle Turner has undergone successful neck surgery and will begin rehabilitation next week

Tags: Kyle Turner, South Sydney Rabbitohs, NRL All Stars, Paul Gallen
South Sydney back-rower Kyle Turner has undergone successful neck surgery and will begin rehabilitation next week.
Turner was injured in the NRL All Stars' clash last month and underwent surgery this week on the Gold Coast.
The 23-year-old will continue his post-surgery recovery in an outpatient program on the Gold Coast this week before returning to Redfern.

Rabbitohs high performance manager Troy Thomson on Thursday described the surgery as a success, but gave no time frame for Turner's return to the NRL.
Thomson said Souths would get a better idea on when Turner could return to rugby league when he began his rehabilitation program.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...-with-neck-injury-during-nrl-all-stars-match/

WAL.jpg

MAGUIRE: WALKER COULD PLAY ON WITH BROKEN HAND

Written by STEVE MASCORD, March 22, 2015

SOUTH Sydney coach Michael Maguire expects centre Dylan Walker to keep playing with a possible broken hand.

Walker insisted on playing on with a heavily bandaged left hand and was rewarded with two tries in a 20-6 win over Wests Tigers at ANZ Stadium.
If the hand is found to be broken, he could be sidelined for three to six weeks.
But Maguire said: “He’ll tape it up on Friday and see how he goes.

“I’d like to say there’s no doubt but we’ve got to wait and see what the scans show. He has got a sore hand.
“We’re not quite sure what he’s done. It could possibly be a break.
“He’s had a bit of practice there. He did that (suffered a hand injury) last year when we played the Warriors last year over in Perth.”

Maguire said Walker wanted to play on. “He’s grown as a player to the point where he can go and do things like that for the team,” the coach said.
Captain Greg Inglis twisted an ankle in the second half while Adam Reynolds was pushed over by Martin Tapau and taken out by Tim Simona, apparently hurting his shoulder.
Maguire and Inglis played down the growing awe about South Sydney’s power in 2015. “I just show up and play the best I can for the team,” the fullback said.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/maguire-walker-play-broken-hand/

Rabbits20

Immortal
Simona is filthy and Taupau is a worse grub.

Simona is the guy who took Inglis out last year in round 3 and today tried to take Reynolds out. Simona needs to play in the spirit of the game and not try to injure other players.

Will be interesting to hear news on Dylan as the week progresses. If he's out for a month it's a big loss. The way Dylan played was superb and he was only using one hand.

Last edited:

souths1908

Juniors
Wasn't it around this time last year that AJ and Auva'a made their first grade debuts, maybe madge will give some young players a crack with the injury to Walker and Reddy out of form..

Rabbits20

Immortal
Walker having surgery today to have a plate inserted........3-4 weeks they say.

Earliest Dylan could be back is round 6 on a Monday against Cowboys. But he will most likely return in Round 7 against Cronulla on a Monday at Shark Park.

The news isn't as bad as it could have been Southsport at least he's not out for 6-8 wks.

I reckon Madge might give Reddy another chance on Friday and if he doesn't perform he will be dropped.

Maybe Millard will come in for Dylan.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Wasn't it around this time last year that AJ and Auva'a made their first grade debuts, maybe madge will give some young players a crack with the injury to Walker and Reddy out of form..

Auva'a debuted round 6 last year and AJ in round 8.

Reddy is definitely under pressure to keep his spot. As we've been winning he might get 1 more chance.

Whenever Reddy gets the ball it's worrying. Reddy has been struggling a lot under the high ball too.

doyen

Bench
Joel has an identity crisis.

When a bomb goes high into the air in his direction he quickly realises he's NOT Reddy!!

In his confusion he panics & then is definitely NOT Reddy.

He drops the ball most times as he is NOT Reddy.

I don't think he will ever be quite Reddy!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Joel has an identity crisis.

When a bomb goes high into the air in his direction he quickly realises he's NOT Reddy!!

In his confusion he panics & then is definitely NOT Reddy.

He drops the ball most times as he is NOT Reddy.

I don't think he will ever be quite Reddy!!!!

Haha:D

Parramatta will be ready to aim towards Reddy on Friday!

I know Radradra is injured but imagine if he was playing it would give Reddy nightmares!!!

doyen

Bench
Haha:D

Parramatta will be ready to aim towards Reddy on Friday!

I know Radradra is injured but imagine if he was playing it would give Reddy nightmares!!!

Apparently at training the other night Joel said--"Please don't kick the ball high to me;I'm not Reddy."

One of the other players replied--"Jeez;then who & the hell are you?"

Rabbits20

Immortal
Apparently at training the other night Joel said--"Please don't kick the ball high to me;I'm not Reddy."

One of the other players replied--"Jeez;then who & the hell are you?"

I've got the answer. Joel said he is Mr Unsteady!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts