What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kirisome Auva’a: Rabbitohs centre wants to become rugby league role model when NRL lifts domestic violence ban

• by: PHIL ROTHFIELD
  • April 23, 2015 3:00PM

KIRISOME Auva’a wants to eventually become a rugby league role model.

South Sydney’s premiership winning centre says it’s as important to him as playing football again when the NRL eventually lifts his domestic violence suspension.
In his first interview since being banned from the game, the 23-year-old revealed a determination to turn a shocking incident into a life-changing positive.
GUILTY: Auva’a handed infedinite ban by NRL
“This isn’t about playing football again,” he says, “It’s about changing my life and becoming a better person. I want others to learn from my mistake.
“Eventually I want to work with kids and share my story and hopefully sway them from making bad decisions that a lot of teenagers make.”
No doubt many will read this story and think: Please, spare us another troubled footballer playing the depression card. Rest assured, this is a genuine case.
Psychologist Jacqui Louder has been treating Auva’a for what she described as “one of the most significant cases of male depression I have seen in an elite sportsman.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...tic-violence-ban/story-fnp0lyn3-1227317263800

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Kirisome Auva?a: Rabbitohs centre wants to become rugby league role model when NRL lifts domestic violence ban

• by: PHIL ROTHFIELD
  • April 23, 2015 3:00PM

KIRISOME Auva?a wants to eventually become a rugby league role model.

South Sydney?s premiership winning centre says it?s as important to him as playing football again when the NRL eventually lifts his domestic violence suspension.
In his first interview since being banned from the game, the 23-year-old revealed a determination to turn a shocking incident into a life-changing positive.
GUILTY: Auva?a handed infedinite ban by NRL
?This isn?t about playing football again,? he says, ?It?s about changing my life and becoming a better person. I want others to learn from my mistake.
?Eventually I want to work with kids and share my story and hopefully sway them from making bad decisions that a lot of teenagers make.?
No doubt many will read this story and think: Please, spare us another troubled footballer playing the depression card. Rest assured, this is a genuine case.
Psychologist Jacqui Louder has been treating Auva?a for what she described as ?one of the most significant cases of male depression I have seen in an elite sportsman.?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...tic-violence-ban/story-fnp0lyn3-1227317263800

That was a good article to read so thanks for that.

southsport

First Grade
Glen Stewart has a broken thumb, he will play against the raiders and have surgery next week, 6-8 weeks on the sideline.

hurricane57

Juniors
Been our best forward this year!

He has been an excellent purchase, do you know how long he has signed on with Souths.

Grevshulem (?) is another excellent purchase, how long will he be with Souths.

How many tackles does Clarke make each game and how many does he miss because he doesn't bring any bloody thing else to the game, he's as bad as Reddy.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Happy for AJ. Though at fullback in this game so far he's had a shocker. His tackles as last line of defense have been ordinary. Brilliant winger but can't say he's better than GI in the FB position. I'm sure Eels and whoever else have been watching this game closely.

hurricane57

Juniors
Happy for AJ. Though at fullback in this game so far he's had a shocker. His tackles as last line of defense have been ordinary. Brilliant winger but can't say he's better than GI in the FB position. I'm sure Eels and whoever else have been watching this game closely.

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic, after today's game I say let him go, get rid of him, its better that he plays for another club,
If he's the next great fullback god help us, the Kiwi's will cut us to pieces. Laughable, Johnston at fullback, absolutely laughable.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Pathetic, absolutely pathetic, after today's game I say let him go, get rid of him, its better that he plays for another club,
If he's the next great fullback god help us, the Kiwi's will cut us to pieces. Laughable, Johnston at fullback, absolutely laughable.
I wouldn't go as far as that (letting him go and get rid of him). He's a great winger, defensively and in support play but as fullback he's definitely not up to first grade standard at this stage. Maybe it's just a fitness issue from all the running side to side but it was terribly disappointing. Let me just say I love AJ and want to keep him however not on a fullbacks wage and I think today knocks a couple of grand off his asking price.

hurricane57

Juniors
I wouldn't go as far as that (letting him go and get rid of him). He's a great winger, defensively and in support play but as fullback he's definitely not up to first grade standard at this stage. Maybe it's just a fitness issue from all the running side to side but it was terribly disappointing. Let me just say I love AJ and want to keep him however not on a fullbacks wage and I think today knocks a couple of grand off his asking price.

I've read a lot of views, on this and other sites, describing Johnston as the best fullback ever.
In today's game we saw that he was caught out of position, he made no impact when attempting not one but three tackles that led directly to trys, that is, Johnston had his arms wrapped round the opposition as the opposition player scored. We saw that he is unable to bend a determined defense but its probably fair to say few fullbacks can.
We all saw today that Johnston is not a fullback, we saw that if you put him in the clear he will run and he will be very illusive - that's good, let him be a winger, if not, piss him off.

Johnston is probably not alone in starring in the juniors, a few others spring to mind, namely Jason Clarke was a star junior, captain of this and best and fairest of that. I am of the view that Clark has failed to progress and is in fact, quite ordinary. I put him in the same class as Lowe, Reddy, not quite up to Goodwin's skill level, who is also not quite up to top grade.
McInnes appears to be a world beater in the juniors with a long way to go to make it to the top grade, hope he improves quick but I just can't see him doing it. Love to see him make me eat my words but .......

Another disappointment is McQueen, doesn't appear to really tear in does he - Grevsmuhl is like a breathe of fresh air compare to McQueen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts