What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alien

Referee
Another disappointment is McQueen, doesn't appear to really tear in does he - Grevsmuhl is like a breathe of fresh air compare to McQueen.

i like mcqueen. i think he has been doing some good things on the field. maybe a bit inconsistent but definitely not the worst player for souths. i agree with you about grevsmuhl - very good player

alien

Referee
Pathetic, absolutely pathetic, after today's game I say let him go, get rid of him, its better that he plays for another club,
If he's the next great fullback god help us, the Kiwi's will cut us to pieces. Laughable, Johnston at fullback, absolutely laughable.

yeah but aj is one of the best wingers in the comp, and that's the position he should play, and he is playing wing for australia. slater is fullback, gi in the centres

Miagi

Juniors
I've read a lot of views, on this and other sites, describing Johnston as the best fullback ever.
In today's game we saw that he was caught out of position, he made no impact when attempting not one but three tackles that led directly to trys, that is, Johnston had his arms wrapped round the opposition as the opposition player scored. We saw that he is unable to bend a determined defense but its probably fair to say few fullbacks can.
We all saw today that Johnston is not a fullback, we saw that if you put him in the clear he will run and he will be very illusive - that's good, let him be a winger, if not, piss him off.

Johnston is probably not alone in starring in the juniors, a few others spring to mind, namely Jason Clarke was a star junior, captain of this and best and fairest of that. I am of the view that Clark has failed to progress and is in fact, quite ordinary. I put him in the same class as Lowe, Reddy, not quite up to Goodwin's skill level, who is also not quite up to top grade.
McInnes appears to be a world beater in the juniors with a long way to go to make it to the top grade, hope he improves quick but I just can't see him doing it. Love to see him make me eat my words but .......

Another disappointment is McQueen, doesn't appear to really tear in does he - Grevsmuhl is like a breathe of fresh air compare to McQueen.
Mate I have to disagree with you in regards to McQueen, I think he has been having a go the last few weeks compared to some of the others who consistently drop the ball when we are in good field position.

hurricane57

Juniors
Mate I have to disagree with you in regards to McQueen, I think he has been having a go the last few weeks compared to some of the others who consistently drop the ball when we are in good field position.

Okay, your opinion is noted and valued, I just had such high hopes for him I suppose.

DC_fan

Coach
What is wrong with our side - we can not blame injuries because our defence is woeful

Many of our so-called star players are not playing well and that includes Greg Inglis. It is pretty obvious that Inglis is carrying an injury and it is effecting his play. He had a very long season in 2014 and I think it has caught up with him physically and mentally. Can anyone tell me what he said to Andy Moore after the game against the Sharks last Monday night. I have real doubts he will see out the season.

The Burgess twins started the season well, but like a few others their form dropped off after round three and to be honest that good form shows no sign of returning.

Glenn Stewart performances in recent times could be explained by the absence of Sutton. Sutton was ment to man one side and Stewart the other. Without Sutton more pressure is placed on Stewart and defences know who to hone in on. What ever though Stewart is not playing up to scratch.

Tim Grant the other big signing has done very little. It shows why Penrith were keen to unload him.

We are missing Sam Burgess big time.

I should also say we have some pretty average football players playing first grade this season. Sorry but Reddy, Goodwin, Millard, Clark amongst others are not going to take us to another premiership.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
He has been an excellent purchase, do you know how long he has signed on with Souths.

Grevshulem (?) is another excellent purchase, how long will he be with Souths.

How many tackles does Clarke make each game and how many does he miss because he doesn't bring any bloody thing else to the game, he's as bad as Reddy.

Stewart signed until end of 2016.

doyen

Bench
Pathetic, absolutely pathetic, after today's game I say let him go, get rid of him, its better that he plays for another club,
If he's the next great fullback god help us, the Kiwi's will cut us to pieces. Laughable, Johnston at fullback, absolutely laughable.

AJ has a long way to go to be anywhere near GI as a f/b; or many of the other wingers we've had in the past for that matter!

Merritt was a much better winger & certainly a better f/b.

But let's not forget that Alex is only 20 & been shoved onto a very high pedestal far to prematurely.

Merritt was the top try-scorer[or right up there]right from his intro to the top grade--yr after year.
The selectors didn't recognise him until he was over the hill at 30 yrs of age.

AJ is in the Aust. team at 20!!

And to me he has mostly had his many tries set up on a very juicy plate.

He has proven to be a v/good positional winger without being especially classy.

His quite substantial flaws are being magnified at f/b.
But as I said;he is only 20.He will possibly score tries in the upcoming Test but they will have to be served up on that juicy plate for him!!

AJ has a long way to go to be anywhere near GI as a f/b; or many of the other wingers we've had in the past for that matter!

Merritt was a much better winger & certainly a better f/b.

But let's not forget that Alex is only 20 & been shoved onto a very high pedestal far to prematurely.

Merritt was the top try-scorer[or right up there]right from his intro to the top grade--yr after year.
The selectors didn't recognise him until he was over the hill at 30 yrs of age.

AJ is in the
And to me he has mostly had his many tries set up on a very juicy plate.

He has proven to be a v/good positional winger without being especially classy.

His quite substantial flaws are being magnified at f/b.
But as I said;he is only 20.He will possibly score tries in the upcoming Test but they will have to be served up on that juicy plate for him!!

Aust. team at 20!!

Totally agree.We as a club can only benefit from AJ playing Test Football.

DiegoNT

First Grade
People saying Inglis is out of form are failing to realise he hasn't played a full game at fullback for 4 weeks, he's form has suffered due to him trying to do the right thing by the team and playing out or positioned

doyen

Bench
People saying Inglis is out of form are failing to realise he hasn't played a full game at fullback for 4 weeks, he's form has suffered due to him trying to do the right thing by the team and playing out or positioned

True--a bad choice to swap these two players,IMO!!

DC_fan

Coach

Inglis has shown in the past that he can play a number of positions in the backline and play them all well.

He is not playing to his usual high standard for two reasons and one of those probably runs in to the other. Last season he played at least thirty five games which took a toll on him. Even with the off-season break it was not sufficient enough for him to fully recover. Which has possibly led on to him suffering from injury this season.

Rabbits20

Immortal

GI is also carrying a bad knee and has other ongoing injury issues like his hip etc.............

Rabbits20

Immortal
Inglis has shown in the past that he can play a number of positions in the backline and play them all well.

He is not playing to his usual high standard for two reasons and one of those probably runs in to the other. Last season he played at least thirty five games which took a toll on him. Even with the off-season break it was not sufficient enough for him to fully recover. Which has possibly led on to him suffering from injury this season.

Agree.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Ch10 reported that Dylan Walker is out for 8 weeks with his knee injury.

Must be some kind of medial issue I assume. But I'm most likely completely wrong.

No Dylan: Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

If Millard comes back in I'll probably collapse.

Terrible news Southsport, this year we are getting too many injuries on a consistent basis. It will be hard imo to make top 4 this year.

It's hard to win and get out of the slump they're in when the team changes every week due to injuries.

So no Glenn or Dylan for next 2 months is terrible news. (Massive losses).

Let's hope Keary is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts