What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Sam Burgess on his way back to South Sydney?

Anthony Maroon says Souths clearing cap room for the English forward to return

Tags: Sam Burgess, South Sydney, Rabbitohs, Isaac Luke
sam-burgess-run.JPG

There's speculation that Sam Burgess could be on his way back to South Sydney after Isaac Luke signed with the Warriors this week.
Luke signed a three year deal with the Warriors after being released from the final two years of his contract with the Rabbitohs and Anthony Maroon told Sunday Triple M NRL Souths are clearing room to bring back Burgess.

"I was at a Rabbitohs breakfast on Saturday morning at Darling Harbour when the realisation was that it was in fact a fact, that Isaac Luke was on his way to the Warriors," Maroon told Sunday Triple M NRL.
"A lot of people in the know in the South Sydney football club, not anyone of any official capacity, but a lot of people around some of the big hitters were more than suggesting that Sam Burgess is on his way but to Souths and perhaps the Rabbitohs were clearing the decks."
"I asked a couple of people who would know and they denied it but with all due respect, like any club, they sometimes deny things that could be on."

Burgess left Souths after the 2014 premiership to play rugby for Bath in the English competition but Triple M NRL's Paul Kent isn't convinced Burgess is on Souths' radar.
"Lets remember last year when Sam Burgess got back from the World Cup and it got out that Sam Burgess had been sought after and scouted by English Rugby and Souths were like ‘No no no no, he’s contracted for the next 2 years, why would he go anywhere?' and two weeks later they released him," Kent told Sunday Triple M NRL.
"I don’t know Sam Burgess coming back but I don’t think they would be clearing any room for him to come back because Souths has tremendous ability to find room in the salary cap."

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2015/5/sam-burgess-on-his-way-back-to-south-sydney/

alien

Referee
so he is struggling to make the english national union team but basically walks into the english national league team where he is one of the best forwards in world. he should come back to souths because he was born to play rugby league.

Rabbits20

Immortal
so he is struggling to make the english national union team but basically walks into the english national league team where he is one of the best forwards in world. he should come back to souths because he was born to play rugby league.

We are sure missing him big time!

Rabbits20

Immortal
will he still be playing on mon night???

Yeah he will be.

Lots of them are carrying injuries and are still playing but not at 100percent:

GI
Walker
Keary
Issac
Grant
Adam (if he plays he will probably be at about 80percent, I don't think he will run the ball as he wont feel comfortable yet).

doyen

Bench
Cam McInnes signed with the Dragons a couple of weeks ago on the quiet.

But he is set to backflip now that Sths have released Luke.

Saints are really upset as he is rated one of the best young hooker/forward prospects on the planet!!

See Zerotackle.

Galeforce

Bench
Cam McInnes signed with the Dragons a couple of weeks ago on the quiet.

But he is set to backflip now that Sths have released Luke.

Saints are really upset as he is rated one of the best young hooker/forward prospects on the planet!!

See Zerotackle.

I will believe it when he has signed and announced.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Rumour has it we are still chasing Paul Carter, anyone have updates on this?

I'm not bothered on Carter tbh.

I just want Souths to re-sign Grevsmuhl.

After AJ and Cam are re-signed, Grevsmuhl is a top priority too.

Hellray

Juniors
I'm not bothered on Carter tbh.

I just want Souths to re-sign Grevsmuhl.

After AJ and Cam are re-signed, Grevsmuhl is a top priority too.

Add Gray to that list before Carter, all priorities in house before we go out of house shopping please

southsport

First Grade
Could be up to nine Souths juniors in the side next year.

Sutto, Reyno, Walker, McInnes, AJ, Gray, Clark, Manuleleua, Taukafa, ??????????

Injury Update: Reynolds & Sutton

Words: Jeremy Monahan I Photo: Nrlphotos.com
Tue 12th May, 02:29PM
A A http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/_jcr_content/par/newslist_95ce.rss

1431405082241.jpg

The Rabbitohs will be without halfback Adam Reynolds for 6-8 weeks after scans this morning revealed a broken thumb sustained in last night’s match against the Dragons.
Reynolds played for the whole 80 minutes, with scans today showing the fracture in his thumb.
In better news for the Rabbitohs, John Sutton’s eye injury is not as bad as first thought, with Sutton likely to play against the Melbourne Storm this Saturday night.
Sutton was suffering from double vision on field after copping a finger in his eye while being tackled, and with the player’s best interests at heart he was taken from the field and taken to hospital with suspected damage to the retina.
His eye has settled down greatly today and he will be monitored up until game day but the Rabbitohs medical team are confident that he will be ok to play on Saturday night.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2015/05/12/gray_praises_teammat.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts