What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think they will bring in some depth players from other clubs.Our lower grade results havent been flash at all this year and Madge doesnt seem happy with the outside back depth judging by the oldfield signing and attempts to sign Kelly.

Agree.

Rabbits20

Immortal
On the footy show they said in the injury wrap up that Lowe has a bicep injury and will be assessed in the week.

Now we have a reason to give him a break and will most likely play Turner/Carter.

I know people think Turner shouldn't play, but I think Madge will play Turner off the interchange and he'll play limited minutes.

alien

Referee
On the footy show they said in the injury wrap up that Lowe has a bicep injury and will be assessed in the week.

Now we have a reason to give him a break and will most likely play Turner/Carter.

I know people think Turner shouldn't play, but I think Madge will play Turner off the interchange and he'll play limited minutes.

yep, or brown. i am watching the footy show too

Hellray

Juniors
I think we can fit both Turner and Carter in the team.

Carter can replace Lowe off the bench his impact will be invaluable and Turner can start in place of McQueen, he may have played ok last night but still missed 3 tackles to add to quite alot he has racked up over this season. And unitl he improves his defense im happy to see him taken out of the team where he can battle it out with Clark and Brown for the 18th man spot.

Tyrrell can also be put on notice, yes he has done nothing wrong, but does get smashed alot and doesnt add the impact that Nathan Brown showed he adds to our bench.

moving forward.

8. Gurgess
9. Luke
10. Grant
11. Stewart
12. Sutton
13. Turner

14. Carter
15. Grevsmuhl
16. Tyrrell/Brown
17. Turgess

rabbitohs95

Bench
I think most likely if Lowe's out we'll see Carter or Brown come in.

Don't think anyone else should be dropped just yet.

If Lowe's out i'd like to see Carter given some game time.

doyen

Bench
Playing Turner in the top grade this early after a very serious injury & a long lay-off is fraught with danger in more ways than one!!

He will be tentative no doubt, which can be a dangerous thing for his welfare in itself, in the top grade of a heavy contact sport.His tentativeness will therefore spell danger for the team.

Carter,I thought,was being groomed for the cauldron of the finals where his toughness,skill & versatility will be a big bonus!!

I would go with Carter,then Brown,& Turner as a last resort at this latter stage of the season.

In fact,I'd be telling him to recuperate until season's end then return in 2016.This approach would be in his, & the team's best interest.

hurricane57

Juniors
For the life of me I cannot see why Turner, as good as he is, would return to Rugby League.
Newcastle's McKinnon (?) is a perfect illustration of what could, in a split second, result in further damaging his cervical spine.
There's just not enough money in the world.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Apparently Turner's alright he came back in the last ten.

So i'm hearing that Carter has been carving up. Perhaps it is time to bring him into NRL action this Sunday?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Apparently Turner's alright he came back in the last ten.

So i'm hearing that Carter has been carving up. Perhaps it is time to bring him into NRL action this Sunday?

Do you know what the injury concern in regards to Turner was though?

I agree Carter to play against Penrith.

Lowe to be named on the bench on Tuesday, but come game day Carter to come in.

Rabbits20

Immortal
yep, or brown. i am watching the footy show too

The thing I think Brown needs to improve is how he rushes up too much in the defensive line which creates gaps for the opposition.

Also I really like his enthusiasm in hitting the ball up but he does it a really quick pace and sometimes forgets to catch the ball.

Next year I think Brown will play a lot more first grade. No doubt Brown will have a very strong off season and be a better player next year.

I think Madge didn't want to expose Brown to play a lot of first grade this year.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think we can fit both Turner and Carter in the team.

Carter can replace Lowe off the bench his impact will be invaluable and Turner can start in place of McQueen, he may have played ok last night but still missed 3 tackles to add to quite alot he has racked up over this season. And unitl he improves his defense im happy to see him taken out of the team where he can battle it out with Clark and Brown for the 18th man spot.

Tyrrell can also be put on notice, yes he has done nothing wrong, but does get smashed alot and doesnt add the impact that Nathan Brown showed he adds to our bench.

moving forward.

8. Gurgess
9. Luke
10. Grant
11. Stewart
12. Sutton
13. Turner

14. Carter
15. Grevsmuhl
16. Tyrrell/Brown
17. Turgess

Turner shouldn't be starting. In fact I don't think Turner will have the confidence to start at lock. After this very bad injury throwing Turner in the deep end is the wrong way to go.

I hope in a few weeks that we have Carter starting in the 13 jersey.

On McQueen he is an impact interchange player and I know his form has been up and down but if we get an injury in the backs he can cover which is important. Playing McQueen for 25-30mins is what I think Madge will want to do in the coming weeks.

Tyrrell is more reliable and consistent than Brown. I can't see Madge dropping Tyrrell for Brown. In fact I'll be shocked if this happens.

At some stage Madge may drop Tyrrell but the player coming in won't be Brown. It could be that Tyrrell gets dropped due to this team:

8. George
9. Issac
10. Grant
11. Stewart
12. Sutton
13. Carter

14. Turner
15. Grevsmuhl
16. McQueen
17. Tom

18. Tyrrell

rabbitohs95

Bench

Not too sure unfortunately. Maybe just an ankle/shoulder problem i'd assume if he was able to come back. Shouldn't be of too much concern.

The team come Sunday;

8. George
9. Issac
10. Grant
11. Stewart
12. Sutton
13. McQueen

15. Grevsmuhl
16. Tyrrell
17. Tom
18. Carter

Rabbits20

Immortal
Not too sure unfortunately. Maybe just an ankle/shoulder problem i'd assume if he was able to come back. Shouldn't be of too much concern.

The team come Sunday;

8. George
9. Issac
10. Grant
11. Stewart
12. Sutton
13. McQueen

15. Grevsmuhl
16. Tyrrell
17. Tom
18. Carter

Oh ok.

I completely agree with the forward pack, that's what I want to see too!

Ttime

Juniors

I would say it was a bad cork. He was hobbling around like it was a knee injury for about 5-10 minutes. Absolutel passenger.
When he came back on it was like he never had an injury, quite strange.
He didn't look great when he was on but he is a big man. Used his size well in defence.

Carter will probably join the squad as cover for McInness if he is in fact out for the season. He was a great replacement at dummy half, even if he did play like a second rower for most of the time he was on.

Status
Not open for further replies.