What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godeangogogogo

Juniors
A string of high-profile Cowboys NRL players – including star Johnathan Thurston, co-captain Matt Scott and State of Origin player James Tamou – have acquired properties from millionaire developer Laurence Lancini, who is the long-serving chairman of the North Queensland rugby league club.

A Fairfax Media investigation can reveal that over the past seven years, 10 high-profile players have bought vacant blocks of land and apartments from Mr Lancini’s companies.

Questions have been raised as to whether the property deals constitute a breach of the salary cap rules.

Mr Lancini, 54, who is estimated to be worth $162 million, said that as “chair of the Cowboys” he is responsible for signing off on the salary cap. “I dispute anyone claiming that there’s been any untoward deals done with our players.”

Source: Brisbane Times

Miagi

Juniors
Can anyone tell me how the roosters stay under the salary cap, if they cant win a comp with the players they have they should give the game away. ????? please.

alien

Referee
Can anyone tell me how the roosters stay under the salary cap, if they cant win a comp with the players they have they should give the game away. ????? please.

if they are under the cap then they have lots of tpa's

Miagi

Juniors
Your not wrong mate , i hope we keep improving and do the same thing to them like we did last year.☺

Dogmatix

Juniors
The Roosters likely pay stacks of money to teenage footballers before they come under the cap. This in turn buys loyalty for later on when the player does come under the cap. Of course if a player like RTS just takes the best offer available once he is an established player there is nothing the Roosters can do about it except get angry as that O'Sullivan guy did

You can only hope that more of their younger players follow the example of RTS in taking the Roosters' money then taking the best offer from another club as well so the player wins twice

southsport

First Grade
The Roosters likely pay stacks of money to teenage footballers before they come under the cap. This in turn buys loyalty for later on when the player does come under the cap. Of course if a player like RTS just takes the best offer available once he is an established player there is nothing the Roosters can do about it except get angry as that O'Sullivan guy did

You can only hope that more of their younger players follow the example of RTS in taking the Roosters' money then taking the best offer from another club as well so the player wins twice

You are probably correct, the roosters are dead-set against any U20 draft that's for sure.

Miagi

Juniors
Thanks mate good to hear that.

Did he get tested under the high ball/did he look comfortable taking bombs?
No not really from what i saw we were attacking for most of the time . We absolutely killed them down our LHS. It will give us a lot of options when he is back, ☺

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts