What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

southsport

First Grade
Apparently RLW is still pushing the line of Gray going tp the storm.........not sure if there has been any further developments on that issue.

From Members' email:

Aaron Gray re-signs for 2016 and 2017 seasons
The South Sydney Rabbitohs are pleased to announce the re-signing of talented winger and Souths Junior, Aaron Gray, to a contract that will see him wear the red and green in 2016 and 2017.

Gray, a product of the Mascot Jets, made his first grade debut in Round 8 of this season against the Canberra Raiders and has since gone on to play 11 games for the Club, picking up seven tries in the process.

“I’m very proud to have re-signed with the Club and to have sorted my future,” said Gray.
“It’s been an amazing experience so far this year, making my first grade debut and having the opportunity to be a part of this team.

“I’m looking forward to contributing in the coming weeks and years at the Club and that starts this week when we take on Manly this Friday night.”

Ttime

Juniors
From Members' email:

Aaron Gray re-signs for 2016 and 2017 seasons
The South Sydney Rabbitohs are pleased to announce the re-signing of talented winger and Souths Junior, Aaron Gray, to a contract that will see him wear the red and green in 2016 and 2017.

Gray, a product of the Mascot Jets, made his first grade debut in Round 8 of this season against the Canberra Raiders and has since gone on to play 11 games for the Club, picking up seven tries in the process.

?I?m very proud to have re-signed with the Club and to have sorted my future,? said Gray.
?It?s been an amazing experience so far this year, making my first grade debut and having the opportunity to be a part of this team.

?I?m looking forward to contributing in the coming weeks and years at the Club and that starts this week when we take on Manly this Friday night.?
yeow!

Curns13

Juniors
Great to see another Souths Junior held onto. Add Gray to Johnson, Walker, Reynolds, Sutton, Clarke, McInnes and the long list of players who debuted with us Auva, Keary, the Burgii, Luke, Tyrrel, McQueen, Lowe, Turner and its safe to say we have one of (if not the best) talent scouting/development groups in the league.

Ttime

Juniors
I tell you what, i would have liked to have got my hands on that young Latrell Mitchell. He looks the goods too.

Godeangogogogo

Juniors

“I’m very proud to have re-signed with the Club and to have sorted my future,” said Gray.

“It’s been an amazing experience so far this year, making my first grade debut and having the opportunity to be a part of this team.

“I’m looking forward to contributing in the coming weeks and years at the Club and that starts this week when we take on Manly this Friday night.”

Rabbitohs Head Coach, Michael Maguire, said that Gray’s re-signing was a just reward for the hard work the young-gun has put in during his time at the Club.

“Aaron’s become a key member of this team and that comes down to his level of commitment and enthusiasm,” said Maguire.

“We’ve been fortunate to have a number of talented Souths Juniors come through the ranks in recent seasons and Aaron has continued that succession by coming into first grade and taking the opportunity with both hands.

“As a Club, we’re very excited and we’re looking forward to working with Aaron over the next two seasons to help in his development both on and off the field.”

Source: South Sydney

Rabbits20

Immortal
Great to see another Souths Junior held onto. Add Gray to Johnson, Walker, Reynolds, Sutton, Clarke, McInnes and the long list of players who debuted with us Auva, Keary, the Burgii, Luke, Tyrrel, McQueen, Lowe, Turner and its safe to say we have one of (if not the best) talent scouting/development groups in the league.

Yep it's great!

rabbitohs95

Bench
Let's assume we re-sign Auva'a, Turner, Gosiewski, Olive, Manuleleua and sign Latrell Schaumkel from the Bears and Michael Oldfield

That leaves us with;

Signed: Paul Carter, Darren Nicholls, Michael Oldfield
Lost: Issac Luke

Our best team looks like this;

1. Greg Inglis
2. Alex Johnston
3. Dylan Walker
4. Kirisome Auva'a
5. Aaron Gray
6. Luke Keary
7. Adam Reynolds
8. George Burgess
9. Cameron McInnes
10. Tim Grant
11. Glenn Stewart
12. John Sutton
13. Paul Carter

14. Chris Grevsmuhl
15. Chris McQueen
16. Dave Tyrrell
17. Tom Burgess

Reserve Backs: Michael Oldfield, John Olive (20's), Sam Manuleleua, Latrell Schaumkel, Irae Simone (20's)
Reserve Halves: Cody Walker, Darren Nicholls
Reserve Hookers: Aaron Booth (20's)
Reserve Forwards: Jason Clark, Nathan Brown, Kyle Turner, Jack Gosiewski, Brock Gray (20's), Zane Musgrove (20's), Cheyne Whitelaw (20's), Angus Chrichton (20's), Tulsa Saumamao (20's)

Which in turn gives us

34 Total Players
10 Outside Backs
5 Halves (including Sutton)
3 Hookers (including Carter)
6 Front Rowers (George, Tom, Grant, Tyrrell, Brown, Musgrove)
12 Back Rowers

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
So R95 you must be thinking that Souths are going to tell McQueen to find another club???

Your post was very good too.

Rabbits20

Immortal
KNEW I FORGOT SOMEONE haha

Thanks mate

I seriously thought you were thinking that McQueen would be at another club. Lol:lol::lol::lol:

Some Souths supporters are thinking he won't be with us next year, so it wouldn't have surprised me at all if you actually were thinking this.

Personally I hope McQueen stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.