What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ttime

Juniors
Let's assume we re-sign Auva'a, Turner, Gosiewski, Olive, Manuleleua and sign Latrell Schaumkel from the Bears and Michael Oldfield

That leaves us with;

Signed: Paul Carter, Darren Nicholls, Michael Oldfield
Lost: Issac Luke

Our best team looks like this;

1. Greg Inglis
2. Alex Johnston
3. Dylan Walker
4. Kirisome Auva'a
5. Aaron Gray
6. Luke Keary
7. Adam Reynolds
8. George Burgess
9. Cameron McInnes
10. Tim Grant
11. Glenn Stewart
12. John Sutton
13. Paul Carter

14. Chris Grevsmuhl
15. Chris McQueen
16. Dave Tyrrell
17. Tom Burgess

Reserve Backs: Michael Oldfield, John Olive (20's), Sam Manuleleua, Latrell Schaumkel, Irae Simone (20's)
Reserve Halves: Cody Walker, Darren Nicholls
Reserve Hookers: Aaron Booth (20's)
Reserve Forwards: Jason Clark, Nathan Brown, Kyle Turner, Jack Gosiewski, Brock Gray (20's), Zane Musgrove (20's), Cheyne Whitelaw (20's), Angus Chrichton (20's), Tulsa Saumamao (20's)

Which in turn gives us

34 Total Players
10 Outside Backs
5 Halves (including Sutton)
3 Hookers (including Carter)
6 Front Rowers (George, Tom, Grant, Tyrrell, Brown, Musgrove)
12 Back Rowers

Great post 95!
Very excited to see what happens with this team over the next couple of years.
I have my doubts about Gray to be honest. Reckon a young gun with speed may pip him

rabbitohs95

Bench
Great post 95!
Very excited to see what happens with this team over the next couple of years.
I have my doubts about Gray to be honest. Reckon a young gun with speed may pip him

Cheers mate I hope things go that way with us next year. It's a very strong squad and there's a lot of potential.

Only doubt I have over him is that he's playing in a different position than normal. He's doing very well for a centre playing wing and I think he could develop there very well.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I seriously thought you were thinking that McQueen would be at another club. Lol:lol::lol::lol:

Some Souths supporters are thinking he won't be with us next year, so it wouldn't have surprised me at all if you actually were thinking this.

Personally I hope McQueen stays.

Nah no way, he will stay for sure I reckon hahaha

It's unfortunate that Glenn Stewart and John Sutton are in his way as edge players, but I think he's doing well in the middle of the field considering its the first time he's been forced to play through the middle. He could develop very well there.

He's had a very mixed career in terms of positions, we can't forget he was playing wing as late as 2012 and transitioned that year, made Origin the year later in second row and has been shifted in and out as a lock this year.

alien

Referee
Let's assume we re-sign Auva'a, Turner, Gosiewski, Olive, Manuleleua and sign Latrell Schaumkel from the Bears and Michael Oldfield

That leaves us with;

Signed: Paul Carter, Darren Nicholls, Michael Oldfield
Lost: Issac Luke

Our best team looks like this;

1. Greg Inglis
2. Alex Johnston
3. Dylan Walker
4. Kirisome Auva'a
5. Aaron Gray
6. Luke Keary
7. Adam Reynolds
8. George Burgess
9. Cameron McInnes
10. Tim Grant
11. Glenn Stewart
12. John Sutton
13. Paul Carter

14. Chris Grevsmuhl
15. Chris McQueen
16. Dave Tyrrell
17. Tom Burgess

Reserve Backs: Michael Oldfield, John Olive (20's), Sam Manuleleua, Latrell Schaumkel, Irae Simone (20's)
Reserve Halves: Cody Walker, Darren Nicholls
Reserve Hookers: Aaron Booth (20's)
Reserve Forwards: Jason Clark, Nathan Brown, Kyle Turner, Jack Gosiewski, Brock Gray (20's), Zane Musgrove (20's), Cheyne Whitelaw (20's), Angus Chrichton (20's), Tulsa Saumamao (20's)

Which in turn gives us

34 Total Players
10 Outside Backs
5 Halves (including Sutton)
3 Hookers (including Carter)
6 Front Rowers (George, Tom, Grant, Tyrrell, Brown, Musgrove)
12 Back Rowers

so lowe is definitely going???

doyen

Bench
he seems to score a lot of tries!

He is very good on his feet & seems speedy!

I too had noticed he'd scored heaps of tries.

One to keep a close eye on,I reckon!

And maybe some Latrell thinking in signing him up.

Last edited:
Kirisome Auva’a likely to return from domestic violence suspension against Cowboys
South Sydney Rabbitohs

• by:
  • 40 minutes ago August 05, 2015 1:15PM

• KIRISOME Auva’a is likely to make his NRL return from a domestic violence suspension for South Sydney’s huge showdown with fellow premiership heavyweights North Queensland next week.

Auva’a will be free to play against the Cowboys after spending the first 22 rounds on the sidelines following his conviction on two charges relating to an incident with his former partner early last year.
    The 23-year-old pleaded guilty to recklessly causing serious injury and criminal damage and was suspended indefinitely by the NRL.
    After undergoing counselling and rehabilitation, he was cleared to make a return to rugby league last month and has been biding his time in NSW Cup.
    However he will not be available for NRL selection until next week.
    He made a barnstorming return in his first game back in early July, scoring a try and setting up another two.
    Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire says he was pleased with Auva’a’s progress after he dotted down for another four-pointer for North Sydney against Canterbury on the weekend.
    Maguire said he would consider selecting Auva’a against the Cowboys in Townsville so long as his form warranted it.
    “If Kirisome is performing well and the opportunity arises then I’m sure he’ll be ready to go,” Maguire said on Wednesday.
    After making his debut for the Rabbitohs in round 6 last year, Auva’a was a fixture of the Rabbitohs side in their run to the finals and played at centre in their grand final win against Canterbury.
    While Maguire was keeping his cards close to his chest, Auva’a is likely to come straight back into the side for their massive clash with the second-placed Cowboys on Friday week at the expense of Bryson Goodwin.
    “He’s been great, he’s been training hard and doing extra sessions and he can see there might be an opportunity in the next couple of weeks,” Maguire said.
    “He’ll be ready when that comes.”
    Originally published as Auva’a closes in on NRL return

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ki...-against-cowboys/story-fndv36md-1227471045386

arda.dalcik

Juniors
i think what you can see is that Kirosome Auvva is being groomed to come back into first grade as a winger.

was named there last week and was named there this week again????

any explanations as to why.

this will probably lead to aaron gray moving to centre his preffered position and auvva moving to the wing which he was during all his younger playing days.

unfortunaly bryson goodwin gets dropped which is very unfortunate as his form has been outstanding this year in first grade.

would be a quality pick up for a club like the tigers or titans.

Ttime

Juniors
i think what you can see is that Kirosome Auvva is being groomed to come back into first grade as a winger.

was named there last week and was named there this week again????

any explanations as to why.

this will probably lead to aaron gray moving to centre his preffered position and auvva moving to the wing which he was during all his younger playing days.

unfortunaly bryson goodwin gets dropped which is very unfortunate as his form has been outstanding this year in first grade.

would be a quality pick up for a club like the tigers or titans.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.
More obvious movement is having Goodwin and Auv'a on the same side (Kirisome on the wing).
Surely if they were moving Gray to centre they would put him there this week.

ps. yes, Ben Lowe has retired.

Matrix

Juniors
Ben lowe whilst not everyones favourite player has been a good club man and honest toiler over the years and I wish him all the best in retirement.

arda.dalcik

Juniors
now lets hope joel reddy annonces his departure from the club.

that would be a dream come true.

looks like jason clark is on the outer also with the rabbitohs i wonder which club will come in for him.

he had a chance to cement a position at lock at the start of the year and couldnt.

however with the interchange rules coming into effect i rekon they might keep him

rabbitohs95

Bench
Just wanna thank Ben for his time at the club. Longest serving player this year after Sutto and Bully and like others have said wasn't on much money and always did the hard yards.

He is a World Champion player and a one club player and I'm proud to say he's a Rabbitoh. Good luck in retirement Ben.

southsport

First Grade
Just wanna thank Ben for his time at the club. Longest serving player this year after Sutto and Bully and like others have said wasn't on much money and always did the hard yards.

He is a World Champion player and a one club player and I'm proud to say he's a Rabbitoh. Good luck in retirement Ben.

Ditto from me. I met Ben once when his leg was broken, friendly bloke. That's another one gone for 2016.

hurricane57

Juniors
I wouldn't be so sure about that.
More obvious movement is having Goodwin and Auv'a on the same side (Kirisome on the wing).
Surely if they were moving Gray to centre they would put him there this week.

ps. yes, Ben Lowe has retired.

I would be very happy if Gray was dropped and Goodwin and Auv'a remained in either wing or centre position. Auva'a is more sppeedy of the two but I don't mind who is centre and who is winger.

Gray is okay but I'd much prefer the other two because I believe Goodwin and Auva'a better.

Godeangogogogo

Juniors
The Titans are resigned to missing out on Ben Te’o despite the departure of Dave Taylor freeing up funds for the club to afford the former Origin enforcer.

Te’o has been linked with an NRL resurrection at the Titans, who are on the lookout for fresh blood as 14 full-time players fight to save their futures.

But The Courier-Mail understands the Titans have given up hope of securing Te’o for next season unless he opts to rescind the final year of his two-year deal with Irish rugby club Leinster.

The Titans were recently contacted by Te’o’s management to gauge their desire to sign the premiership-winning forward.

The Coast informed Te’o’s agent Isaac Moses they would be interested, but there were two impediments — the Titans’ salary-cap position and Te’o’s obligations to Leinster.

One obstacle has been cleared, with Taylor’s impending defection to French club Les Catalans giving the Titans an additional $400,000 in their recruitment budget.

Titans hierarchy have a huge opinion of Te’o and believe he would be the perfect recruit to add mongrel to a forward pack that will lose Taylor and Manly-bound skipper Nate Myles next season.

The Coast are prepared to pay in excess of $500,000 a year for Te’o, but whether the former Broncos hitman would consider breaking his Leinster stint remains to be seen.

The 28-year-old’s Leinster deal expires next May, giving NRL clubs time to attract him before the June 30 transfer deadline.

Source: Daily Telegraph

rabbitohs95

Bench
I would like to see Ben at the Titans to help their cause. They've been f*cked around too much and would be captain material for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.