What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I wouldn't be so sure about that.
More obvious movement is having Goodwin and Auv'a on the same side (Kirisome on the wing).
Surely if they were moving Gray to centre they would put him there this week.

ps. yes, Ben Lowe has retired.

Personally I want Auva'a at centre, it's his best position.

You make good points too!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Ben lowe whilst not everyones favourite player has been a good club man and honest toiler over the years and I wish him all the best in retirement.

Well said.

I've hated it over the years when our members have bagged Lowe out on a consistent basis.

Lowe has been a workhorse for us and I've liked him playing in the mighty red and green. Ben has tried his best every week.

All the best now to him and his family.

Rabbits20

Immortal
now lets hope joel reddy annonces his departure from the club.

that would be a dream come true.

looks like jason clark is on the outer also with the rabbitohs i wonder which club will come in for him.

he had a chance to cement a position at lock at the start of the year and couldnt.

however with the interchange rules coming into effect i rekon they might keep him

Yep Reddy can go.

I hope we keep Clark as he is South Sydney through and through.

But I wouldn't be shocked if other clubs make him offers and he leaves.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just wanna thank Ben for his time at the club. Longest serving player this year after Sutto and Bully and like others have said wasn't on much money and always did the hard yards.

He is a World Champion player and a one club player and I'm proud to say he's a Rabbitoh. Good luck in retirement Ben.

Very very well said mate.

I know you're a fellow member who wouldn't bag Ben out regularly like some of our members do!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I would be very happy if Gray was dropped and Goodwin and Auv'a remained in either wing or centre position. Auva'a is more sppeedy of the two but I don't mind who is centre and who is winger.

Gray is okay but I'd much prefer the other two because I believe Goodwin and Auva'a better.

A positive in Goodwin's favour is he makes more metres than what Gray does.

All of us this season have seen that Gray runs across field too much while Goodwin goes up the guts and makes valuable metres for us.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Very very well said mate.

I know you're a fellow member who wouldn't bag Ben out regularly like some of our members do!

I'm a supporter who usually bags players during games when they make mistakes but it's usually in the heat of the moment. I love the players we have an will support them 100% when they wear the mighty red and green, even when I previously hated them like Glenn Stewart. I can see why Manly supporters loved him so much!

doyen

Bench
I would be very happy if Gray was dropped and Goodwin and Auv'a remained in either wing or centre position. Auva'a is more sppeedy of the two but I don't mind who is centre and who is winger.

Gray is okay but I'd much prefer the other two because I believe Goodwin and Auva'a better.

I'm a bit like you with Gray--he's had a charmed start with the tries he's scored but he lacks pace,I reckon.He looks average to me.

I've always like Goodwin because he gives 110%!!

Hopefully Auva'a has enough time to regain his NRL legs before the finals.

alien

Referee
so is ben lowe going to finish at the end of the season, or is he actually injured now and for the rest of the season???

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm a bit like you with Gray--he's had a charmed start with the tries he's scored but he lacks pace,I reckon.He looks average to me.

I've always like Goodwin because he gives 110%!!

Hopefully Auva'a has enough time to regain his NRL legs before the finals.

Regarding Gray and I mentioned it above, he runs across field too much which frustrates me coming out of our own end. At times it's like he's not giving 110percent like Bryson does.

Goodwin goes up the guts and makes valuable metres.

Auva'a will be fine doyen he's a very very good player.

Also the reason Gray lacks pace is probably due to the injuries he has had on a regular basis.

alien

Referee
Effective Immediately which means he's played his last game of NRL unfortunately.

Seems weird that he isn't going to be available for the rest of the season though (even for Norths), unless he got injured and wasn't expected to be fit before the end of the season.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Seems weird that he isn't going to be available for the rest of the season though (even for Norths), unless he got injured and wasn't expected to be fit before the end of the season.

Some Souths friends of mine who are members said to me that they've heard Lowe hurt his pectoral muscle and was carrying other injuries too.

doyen

Bench
I,m glad he's gone, he was mediocre at best, I wish he'd take Clark with him.

Great ball skills though!!???????????????

Typical modern day forward--head down & arse up--plough on regardless!!

Good luck to him though in his life after footy--he did serve Sths in his own kinda way!

Last edited:

hurricane57

Juniors
Great ball skills though!!???????????????

Typical modern day forward--head down & arse up--plough on regardless!!

Good luck to him though in his life after footy--he did serve Sths in his own kinda way!

Your right of course and I will always be wondering was he and Clark were playing to directions from the coach i.e. head down, arse up and don't pass the ball - EVER.

If Clark and Lowe go together that will half the number of penalties and possibly double the number of off loads.

doyen

Bench
Your right of course and I will always be wondering was he and Clark were playing to directions from the coach i.e. head down, arse up and don't pass the ball - EVER.

If Clark and Lowe go together that will half the number of penalties and possibly double the number of off loads.

Trouble is----double zero offloads equals---------!!??????

Status
Not open for further replies.