What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbits20

Immortal
where are these rumours coming from that he is coming to souths??? i don't believe it!

As it seems like it's a possibility.

His brother is one of our physios Eddie Farah.

We also need an experienced hooker alien and there isn't much out there.

Ballin who we were interested in just did his ACL so he won't be ready for the start of next season so we won't sign him. Ballin may stay at Manly too.

At least Farah is very experienced.

southsport

First Grade
:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

I knew you didn't like him.

But now I can see just how much you don't like Farah.

Oi Southsport Alien is pretty fired up over this isn't he???

Yeah, I thought they were like brothers and it would be an alien and Wobbie love fest! :D

hurricane57

Juniors
As it seems like it's a possibility.

His brother is one of our physios Eddie Farah.

We also need an experienced hooker alien and there isn't much out there.

Ballin who we were interested in just did his ACL so he won't be ready for the start of next season so we won't sign him. Ballin may stay at Manly too.

At least Farah is very experienced.

Your kidding, we don't want.

For the life of me I have never understood why he was always picked in SOO.

Luke is/was just so superior in every aspect.

Please please please, don't sign the guy, send him to England, just don't bring him here.

doyen

Bench
Your kidding, we don't want.

For the life of me I have never understood why he was always picked in SOO.

Luke is/was just so superior in every aspect.

Please please please, don't sign the guy, send him to England, just don't bring him here.

What I think is brewing!!??

There is a strongish rumour that a very high profile,very highly paid STHS player will go north of the border as early as 2016 on compassionate grounds!

His wife[ & young child],whose very supportive parents live in Brisbane,is applying pressure on this player to be at home on a permanent basis.She wants to live in Brisbane.
He is very close friends with Justin HODGES who has recently retired & freed up considerable cash.This club also has a couple of aged players who will retire in the not too distant future.
Farah will get most of the money that this player will free up & will also be offered the club captaincy as part of his contract deal!!

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yeah, I thought they were like brothers and it would be an alien and Wobbie love fest! :D

:lol::lol::lol:

I didn't know he strongly disliked Robbie.

At this late stage in the season the Tigers are treating Farah like shit after how loyal he's been to them. The Tigers are plunging to further lows and are in complete shambles.

In a way if we get Robbie I'd think alien would be happy and could see the Tigers are further imploding by offloading one of their best players and the one with most experience. The Tigers are turning into how Parra have been going with dumb decisions, a weak administration, poor recruitment etc.........

You know Southsport I've heard Tigers members are handing their membership in over this as they're absolutely disgusted and their clubs is going further down and treating such a loyal player like Robbie in this way.

Also next season some of their members say they are refusing to renew!

Rabbits20

Immortal

There is a strongish rumour that a very high profile,very highly paid STHS player will go north of the border as early as 2016 on compassionate grounds!

His wife[ & young child],whose very supportive parents live in Brisbane,is applying pressure on this player to be at home on a permanent basis.She wants to live in Brisbane.
He is very close friends with Justin HODGES who has recently retired & freed up considerable cash.This club also has a couple of aged players who will retire in the not to distant future.
Farah will get most of the money that this player will free up & will also be offered the club captaincy as part of his contract deal!!

Doyen just don't think like that. No no no no no as Gould would say:crazy::crazy:

We can't have GI leaving.

Where did you get this idea from?????

If anything if GI leaves I WANT SAM BURGESS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To sign Farah all we have to do is piss off McQueen and McInnes. Tell them both to look elsewhere as we will just play them at Norths otherwise. With Issac, Goodwin, Reddy, Millard and Lowe (retired) leaving that would be more than enough to accommodate Robbie and keep GI plus keeping Auva'a.

Unless in 2017 or 2018 the plan is for Sam to come back?

Last edited:

DiegoNT

First Grade

He is very close friends with Justin HODGES who has recently retired & freed up considerable cash.This club also has a couple of aged players who will retire in the not to distant future.

Lose Luke and Inglis
Gain Farah as captain

Excuse me while I go jump of a bridge

doyen

Bench
Doyen just don't think like that. No no no no no as Gould would say:crazy::crazy:

We can't have GI leaving.

Where did you get this idea from?????

If anything if GI leaves I WANT SAM BURGESS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To sign Farah all we have to do is piss off McQueen and McInnes. Tell them both to look elsewhere as we will just play them at Norths otherwise. With Issac, Goodwin, Reddy, Millard and Lowe (retired) leaving that would be more than enough to accommodate Robbie and keep GI plus keeping Auva'a.

Unless in 2017 or 2018 the plan is for Sam to come back?

Saw it in the RLW this week's,I think!! The MOLE!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????????

It's possible,I suppose,that Sths,even though they would love to have GI,may think that he is not far from the end of his career---burn out,injury etc---also they would free up plenty of dosh for whoever they may fancy as a replacement.
GI's contract ends when??? 2016 or 17?? Compassionate grounds for family is always a strong bargaining chip!!

Sths would see Farah as a very good on field leader,I would imagine.

Last edited:

DiegoNT

First Grade
Inglis is a fullback, he wants the full time fullback position for Australia and Queensland. He is still relatively young. If he goes to the broncos he'll have to play centre, harming his chances of playing fb for Australia and qld. Also he would probably be on less money at broncos, souths could match any tpa broncos give him, but can't offer as much in the salary cap as we can.

RLW's Mole gets plenty wrong by the way

doyen

Bench
Inglis is a fullback, he wants the full time fullback position for Australia and Queensland. He is still relatively young. If he goes to the broncos he'll have to play centre, harming his chances of playing fb for Australia and qld. Also he would probably be on less money at broncos, souths could match any tpa broncos give him, but can't offer as much in the salary cap as we can.

RLW's Mole gets plenty wrong by the way

True--just think this is a very possible scenario!

DiegoNT

First Grade
The 'compassionate grounds' is just an excuse for a player to leave his club for a better deal elsewhere. Rugby league careers are short and if you want to have a successful career you have to put the family life on the back burner for a while.
Other players who have gone to qld on 'compassionate grounds'
Ben Hannant to Brisbane to be closer to family- now at the Cowboys
Dave Taylor to GC to be closer to family- now on his way to the UK
Ben Barba to Brisbane- now back in sydney
DCE- supposedly to the GC to be closer to home, didn't even make it to the GC before back flipping and staying in sydney

doyen

Bench
The 'compassionate grounds' is just an excuse for a player to leave his club for a better deal elsewhere. Rugby league careers are short and if you want to have a successful career you have to put the family life on the back burner for a while.
Other players who have gone to qld on 'compassionate grounds'
Ben Hannant to Brisbane to be closer to family- now at the Cowboys
Dave Taylor to GC to be closer to family- now on his way to the UK
Ben Barba to Brisbane- now back in sydney
DCE- supposedly to the GC to be closer to home, didn't even make it to the GC before back flipping and staying in sydney

The Qld connection is very real in GI's case through both family & friends---this rumour has been going around for quite a time now.

Brisbane has been in his ear--his best mate in Hodges,in particular,I would imagine!!

Who would play ahead of GI at f/b at the Broncos??
Boyd always plays wing for Qld.

I do notice that on ZEROTACKLE today he has denied interest in the Broncos & says he will finish his career at STHS!!

Last edited:

DiegoNT

First Grade
The Queensland connection was very real in dce, barba, Taylor and hannants case as well, it's just an excuse, at the end of the day footballers will always consider their career first.
Bennett quite clearly favours Boyd, he got rid of 2 fullback (Hoffman a NZ rep and Barba a dally m winner) and shifted another to 5-8 just to accommodate Boyd easier into that team

southsport

First Grade

He is very close friends with Justin HODGES who has recently retired & freed up considerable cash.This club also has a couple of aged players who will retire in the not too distant future.

Inglis Rules Out Broncos Move
Foxsports.com.au
nospam9
August 26, 2015

Greg Inglis has ruled out defecting to the Broncos, European rugby or the NFL with the Maroons ace devising plans to finish his career in the NRL at South Sydney.

The Courier-Mail can reveal Inglis has closed the door on a career swan song under Wayne Bennett at the Broncos, who will face his Rabbitohs outfit on Thursday night at Allianz Stadium.

And in a huge boost for NRL bosses, Inglis will shun offshore opportunities and the prospect of emulating Jarryd Hayne’s NFL heroics to cultivate his iconic status in rugby league.

There were fears Inglis could be lost to the NRL after it was revealed in March the Origin star had attracted interest from European rugby clubs Bath and Toulon.

www.couriermail.com.au/sport/

Last edited:

doyen

Bench
Inglis Rules Out Broncos Move
Foxsports.com.au
nospam9
August 26, 2015

Greg Inglis has ruled out defecting to the Broncos, European rugby or the NFL with the Maroons ace devising plans to finish his career in the NRL at South Sydney.

The Courier-Mail can reveal Inglis has closed the door on a career swan song under Wayne Bennett at the Broncos, who will face his Rabbitohs outfit on Thursday night at Allianz Stadium.

And in a huge boost for NRL bosses, Inglis will shun offshore opportunities and the prospect of emulating Jarryd Hayne’s NFL heroics to cultivate his iconic status in rugby league.

There were fears Inglis could be lost to the NRL after it was revealed in March the Origin star had attracted interest from European rugby clubs Bath and Toulon.

www.couriermail.com.au/sport/

Who knows what's going on in the background!

The last thing Sths would want at present is to destabilise the team with a GI defection.
I don't think they'd be too keen either to openly show interest in Farah.The Tigers don't mind as their season is totally kaput!!

Last edited:

doyen

Bench
The Queensland connection was very real in dce, barba, Taylor and hannants case as well, it's just an excuse, at the end of the day footballers will always consider their career first.
Bennett quite clearly favours Boyd, he got rid of 2 fullback (Hoffman a NZ rep and Barba a dally m winner) and shifted another to 5-8 just to accommodate Boyd easier into that team

Definitely the players will do what suits them first.

Greg reneged on the Broncos in 2010; as it suited him at the time.

southsport

First Grade
Definitely the players will do what suits them first.

Greg reneged on the Broncos in 2010; as it suited him at the time.

Not really doyen, in 2010 the broncos were unable to fit GI under the cap and close the deal.........a player can only wait so long.

alien

Referee
Or Farah may just have to take a pay cut if he wants to stay in the NRL.

yeah but he already has a contract with wt. if he can't get a contract with another club where he gets as much money, then he can turn around and say to wt that they have to keep him or atleast pay him his money that is on the contract, and that contract is until the end of 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.