What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alien

Referee
Suggestions that the Newcastle / Madge rumour is more than just rumour.

Hmmm...

Interesting times.

If any truth to it, wonder who Rusty has in mind to come in as coach.

I have money on Nathan Brown.

haha well if that happens nathan brown better not slap the player nathan brown in the face, otherwise it would be on! :shock:

where are these suggestions coming from???

alien

Referee
The vacant Newcastle coaching job has become a race in two between Michael Maguire and Nathan Brown with the decision set to hinge on whether Maguire is prepared to walk away from the final two years of his contract at South Sydney.
It is understood Maguire has been privately contemplating the possibility of quitting the Rabbitohs for the challenge of taking on the Knights job over the past week after initially being approached more than three weeks ago by high profile Newcastle board member John Quayle.

• Knights players spoke openly about the rumours linking Maguire to the club after Saturday night?s loss to the Bulldogs but CEO Matt Gidley appeared to rule out any chance of it happening because of Maguire?s contractual tie-up to the Bunnies.

But The Daily Telegraph understands the Knights are privately waiting for a definitive answer from Maguire before making any announcement on a replacement for Rick Stone with money not an issue if he decides to quit Souths.

Read more at http://www.nospam9/nrl/knights-coaching-job-down-to-maguire-and-brown-18803/#2mpIq20dLp6jyxk5.99

:shock: ohhhh

alien

Referee
Rabbitohs refuse to release coach Michael Maguire amid Newcastle Knights speculation
AAP August 31, 2015 3:49PM

SOUTH Sydney have ruled out releasing coach Michael Maguire from the final two years of his contract to link with Newcastle.

Maguire has been approached by Newcastle management to take up the vacant Knights coaching position next year.

He is believed to be one of two candidates for the position along with ex-St George Illawarra mentor Nathan Brown.

Maguire would need to secure a release from the last two years of his contract but the Rabbitohs are refusing to entertain letting go of Maguire, who helped to break the club’s 43-year premiership drought last year.

459345-074637a0-4fa4-11e5-bb8e-56aa84f91c7e.jpg

“To put an end once & for all to a limping dog of a ‘story’: Madge ain’t going nowhere,” Rabbitohs chairman Nick Pappas tweeted on Monday.

Knights chief executive Matt Gidley had also said he believed it would not happen because Maguire was tied up at the Rabbitohs for the next two seasons.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/rab...ghts-speculation/story-e6frf3ou-1227506459718

Godeangogogogo

Juniors
South Sydney Rabbitohs chairman Nick Pappas has put to bed rumours that coach Michael Maguire might leave the club at the end of the season to take up an offer with the Newcastle Knights.

Pappas took to social media to end once and for the all to the "limping dog" story by saying that Maguire wasn't going anywhere.

To put an end once & for all to a limping dog of a 'story': Madge ain't going nowhere.

— Nick Pappas (@Navlakas) August 31, 2015

Earlier today it was reported that the Knights had narrowed there search for the vacant coach position down to two candidates, Michael Maguire and Nathan Brown. With Maguire out of the picture, it seems Brown is the likely man to fill the role next season.

Source: ZeroTackle

Rabbits20

Immortal
Rabbitohs refuse to release coach Michael Maguire amid Newcastle Knights speculation
AAP August 31, 2015 3:49PM

SOUTH Sydney have ruled out releasing coach Michael Maguire from the final two years of his contract to link with Newcastle.

Maguire has been approached by Newcastle management to take up the vacant Knights coaching position next year.

He is believed to be one of two candidates for the position along with ex-St George Illawarra mentor Nathan Brown.

Maguire would need to secure a release from the last two years of his contract but the Rabbitohs are refusing to entertain letting go of Maguire, who helped to break the club?s 43-year premiership drought last year.

459345-074637a0-4fa4-11e5-bb8e-56aa84f91c7e.jpg

?To put an end once & for all to a limping dog of a ?story?: Madge ain?t going nowhere,? Rabbitohs chairman Nick Pappas tweeted on Monday.

Knights chief executive Matt Gidley had also said he believed it would not happen because Maguire was tied up at the Rabbitohs for the next two seasons.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/rab...ghts-speculation/story-e6frf3ou-1227506459718

Madge will stay:):):)

alien

Referee
anyway i am glad we aren't going to sign wobbie. whilst i don't think madge or the club would put up with him trying to run things, i wouldn't take the risk. he is a club cancer. i'm sure mcinnes and carter will do a good job

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
anyway i am glad we aren't going to sign wobbie. whilst i don't think madge or the club would put up with him trying to run things, i wouldn't take the risk. he is a club cancer. i'm sure mcinnes and carter will do a good job

I disagree. He was instrumental in clearing away dead wood, like you.

Rabbits20

Immortal

A waste of money too even if we only paid 400k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts