What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rabbitohs unfazed by Maguire Knights rumours

kennedy-120.jpg
Tue 01 Sep, 2015, 12:47pm
By Chris Kennedy*, National Correspondent, NRL.com

Email
Print

image.ashx
Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire has told his team he's not going anywhere.

Bemused South Sydney players say they never had any concerns their 2014 premiership-winning coach Michael Maguire would be poached by Newcastle with two years remaining on his contract.
Maguire has spoken to the playing group to allay and concerns after he was reportedly approached about filling the role left vacant after Rick Stone was moved on late in the year.
The rumours were also shut down earlier in the week by club chairman Nick Pappas, who referred to it as "a limping dog of a 'story'" and added "Madge ain't going nowhere".
Rabbitohs forward Jason Clark said their mentor had addressed the concerns with the players.
"We are not unsettled about that; Madge will be here for two more years, he came and spoke to us personally and he said he will be here, he is here to do the job and we are happy about that," Clark said.
"It was in-house and positive and we are just worrying about this week. He just dusted it off and said not to worry about it."
George Burgess said the players weren't buying the rumours even before Maguire sat them down.
"We all know that Madge wasn't going anywhere so no one really worried about it I don't think," Burgess said.
"He just told the boys, but we are all pretty certain on it anyway."
A tight-lipped Glenn Stewart added: "That's all been sorted out internally, none of the boys are concerned with that and we're fully focused on this year."
Young back-rower Kyle Turner insisted all the players' and coaching staff's focus was on the current year.
"Madge has told us he's with us, he's just focusing on this year and this year alone. We're just focusing on what we can," Turner said.
"The next two years he's with us I'm pretty sure and his main focus is us boys, he's helping us all he can."

http://www.nrl.com/rabbitohs-unfaze...rumours/tabid/10874/newsid/89398/default.aspx

Rabbits20

Immortal
Jason Clarke said Maguire addressed the players re rumours. All put to bed.

Yeah, it was good to hear Madge clear things up in his line up video announcement. He's fully committed to Souths and says he wants to achieve a lot more on and off the field. He also spoke about the great members we have too.

Good hearing Clark clear things up too.

Rabbits20

Immortal
good. the club doesn't need this nonsense, especially coming into the finals!

Yeah:)

The Tigers love nonsense and all things going downhill as we know.

Their supporters like to avoid the truth too. They don't face reality as we know, especially Tigers supporters on LU.

Satsok

Juniors
Heard a bit of a rumor this morning..

Wolfman may be in red and green next year. Apparently we've moving on Reddy and Goodwin and Wolfman has been offered a chance. Would start in NSW Cup, if he proves himself and hits some form would be into the team come rounds 5-10.

Make of it what you will, just what I've been hearing.

southsport

First Grade

Wolfman may be in red and green next year. Apparently we've moving on Reddy and Goodwin and Wolfman has been offered a chance. Would start in NSW Cup, if he proves himself and hits some form would be into the team come rounds 5-10.

Another depth signing........we''ll see if it comes to pass.

alien

Referee

i heard a while ago that goodwin might be joining salford reds in the english super league. if he goes then i guess we'll have gray, manuleleua, wolfman, and maybe a couple of others fighting for that wing spot

Franko

Juniors
i heard a while ago that goodwin might be joining salford reds in the english super league. if he goes then i guess we'll have gray, manuleleua, wolfman, and maybe a couple of others fighting for that wing spot

That wouldn't upset me. I don't know why we don't have a bit of a go at Kevin Gordon from the Titans. He is unwanted up there and would be a very handy asset. There must be some young centre/wingers in QLD to look at as well. The Broncos produce good young players in that position every year and look at Brendan Elliot now for the Roosters.

I honestly don't think our recruitment has been as good since Hughes got punted.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Michael Oldfield too alien.

Also Olive.

Rabbits20

Immortal
That wouldn't upset me. I don't know why we don't have a bit of a go at Kevin Gordon from the Titans. He is unwanted up there and would be a very handy asset. There must be some young centre/wingers in QLD to look at as well. The Broncos produce good young players in that position every year and look at Brendan Elliot now for the Roosters.

I honestly don't think our recruitment has been as good since Hughes got punted.

Yep K. Gordon would be a good signing.

Instead we've bought Oldfield and possibly wolfman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts