What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbits20

Immortal
http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/34716429

Above is a video of Bath coach Mike Ford who is confident/adamant Sam is staying in Rugby.

Ford said himself and Sam laugh off the speculation and that they've been texting each other everyday.

Ford says there has been no contact between Souths and Leeds and that with Sam there is always speculation out of nothing.

Not looking good guys.

RabbitOhBoy

Juniors
Above is a video of Bath coach Mike Ford who is confident/adamant Sam is staying in Rugby.

Ford said himself and Sam laugh off the speculation and that they've been texting each other everyday.

Ford says there has been no contact between Souths and Leeds and that with Sam there is always speculation out of nothing.

Not looking good guys.

Must say it will be a relief to know one way or another. But, judging by what Tom B and Leeds have been saying to the media, Mike Ford is either not being straight, or hopelessly uninformed.

doyen

Bench
If Sths offer Sam 1 to 1.5 mill; then Leeds,with their deeper pockets, offer him 1.5 to 2 mill;--guess where Sam will go??!!
It's not hard to pick.
Sam has 3 choices--
*continue the challenge of RU which he said he wanted[on very good $$$$].

*Go to Leeds for substantially more money than Sths can offer under our salary cap system & also play in his home country.

*Return to Sths for, probably,much less $$$$,be with family & enjoy a sunnier lifestyle.

It depends what really motivates Sam---the satisfaction of succeeding in RU,the Rhino's big money or a well-balanced setup with us.

How is Sam thinking??????

His life will also change for better or worse after his marriage which is not too far away.He'll have another person to consider then;& maybe more not long after;like his bro. Luke!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Must say it will be a relief to know one way or another. But, judging by what Tom B and Leeds have been saying to the media, Mike Ford is either not being straight, or hopelessly uninformed.

If Sam leaves Rugby and returns to NRL, Newcastle and Gold Coast apparently are going to have a red hot go at getting him too.

If Sam leaves Rugby and returns to NRL, Newcastle and Gold Coast apparently are going to have a red hot go at getting him too.

If Sam comes back to the NRL, it won't just be for the money. If it were for the money, he'd be staying at Bath or signing for Leeds.

If he comes back to Australia, it will be to be with his mother and brothers and also his fiance's family.

Neither of those groups are based on the gold coast or newcastle.

Rabbits20

Immortal
If Sam comes back to the NRL, it won't just be for the money. If it were for the money, he'd be staying at Bath or signing for Leeds.

If he comes back to Australia, it will be to be with his mother and brothers and also his fiance's family.

Neither of those groups are based on the gold coast or newcastle.

Yeah I know.

Just a rumour about the Titans and Knights. If he comes back they'd have a go and fail as we know.

I'm starting to think he may stay with Bath.

Rabbits20

Immortal
My mail is that Dylan has actually re-signed for a few more years. All the media is doing is hyping up a nothing situation. From a close source.

R95, I'm now 95percent sure you're on the money. Very strong mail there is that Dylan re-signed until the end of 2018.

Regarding Sam R95, I'm only 15-20percent confident he will come back.

t10do

Juniors
I will be honest and say that I didn't pay close attention to the U20s comp last year.......for obvious reasons. If anyone did, any opinions on Riley Travers? If he was captain of the Manly U20s, you would assume he is not a bad player?

rabbitohs95

Bench
I will be honest and say that I didn't pay close attention to the U20s comp last year.......for obvious reasons. If anyone did, any opinions on Riley Travers? If he was captain of the Manly U20s, you would assume he is not a bad player?

Heard he was a pretty good player.

Has he signed with us or is it a rumour?

rabbitohs95

Bench
Also I just checked the Rabbitohs website for the new player profiles.

Only 22 names there, not including the new signings though, which i've added and put in bold. Interesting to see Jack Gosiewski still there. It also confirms that Joel Reddy, Daryl Millard, Darren Nicholls and Scott Sorensen have left.

Kirisome Auva'a
Nathan Brown
George Burgess
Tom Burgess
Paul Carter
Jason Clark
Damien Cook
Bryson Goodwin
Jack Gosiewski
Tim Grant
Aaron Gray
Chris Grevsmuhl
Greg Inglis
Alex Johnston
Luke Keary
Cameron McInnes
Chris McQueen
Michael Oldfield
Adam Reynolds
John Sutton
Kyle Turner
Dave Tyrrell
Cody Walker
Dylan Walker

Rsag85

Bench
Sacked Bulldogs forward David Minute has been handed a second chance, he’s set to sign a second-tier deal with South Sydney’s feeder side North Sydney.

The 22-year-old was placed on a 12-month good behaviour bond in August after pleading guilty to using a mobile phone to harass, offend or menace.

Minute had his $90,000 a year contract torn up following the practical joke gone wrong, where he called a female staff member’s phone and made obscene noises.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...nrl-market-watch/story-fn2mcuj6-1227593279579

Rabbits20

Immortal
Sacked Bulldogs forward David Minute has been handed a second chance, he?s set to sign a second-tier deal with South Sydney?s feeder side North Sydney.

The 22-year-old was placed on a 12-month good behaviour bond in August after pleading guilty to using a mobile phone to harass, offend or menace.

Minute had his $90,000 a year contract torn up following the practical joke gone wrong, where he called a female staff member?s phone and made obscene noises.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...nrl-market-watch/story-fn2mcuj6-1227593279579

Thanks for sharing.

Rabbits20

Immortal
If Sam doesn't come back we have some chance of getting Te'o still.

Also Happy B'Day to Sutto who is 31 today:cool:

rabbitohs95

Bench
attachment.php

ITS OFFICIAL

Attachments

• sam burgess return.jpg
    sam burgess return.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 6

doyen

Bench
If Sths offer Sam 1 to 1.5 mill; then Leeds,with their deeper pockets, offer him 1.5 to 2 mill;--guess where Sam will go??!!
It's not hard to pick.
Sam has 3 choices--
*continue the challenge of RU which he said he wanted[on very good $$$$].

*Go to Leeds for substantially more money than Sths can offer under our salary cap system & also play in his home country.

*Return to Sths for, probably,much less $$$$,be with family & enjoy a sunnier lifestyle.

It depends what really motivates Sam---the satisfaction of succeeding in RU,the Rhino's big money or a well-balanced setup with us.

How is Sam thinking??????

His life will also change for better or worse after his marriage which is not too far away.He'll have another person to consider then;& maybe more not long after;like his bro. Luke!!

Hurray-----Sam made the right choice!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts