What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Race lines up NRL's quick men

Good on Hayne, not league's fastest athlete but still a good time. I hope next time they run a proper race with guys like Lawrence, Uate, B. Morris, the Gordons, Vidot etc included

Inglis is becoming a joke. I hope the Broncos snap him out of it and get him into shape, he looks like a bloody amateur

fourplay

Juniors
Did anyone hear that genius commentator when Turner won? "You can tell that he's a union player."

boxhead

First Grade
I think it is incredible that the heaviest player there by a fair margin (aside from Inglis) came third and was leading for the majority of that run. Jarryd is absolutely incredible with his athleticism.....I think it's amazing that a 102kg player started off in the lead, bloody incredible; says a lot about how athletic he is....especially if he outpaces Morris and Barba even in the first 40 metres.

On Greg Inglis, I think everyone is being a bit harsh on him; the thing is, if he was really fired up to run for this (he looked dis-interested IMO), he would have finished alongside Hayne at least. Yes he is a lot bigger than he used to be but if he wants to run the ball, he is easily one of the fastest players in Rugby League.

C1WGA

Juniors
Issac Gordon would've got closer than Gardner..and where was Uate? He should've been invited to run.
Hayne was impressive but can't claim to be the Fastest player until he races all comers ie: K.Gordon, Mead, I.Gordon,Uate.

boxhead

First Grade
Ben Barba and Josh Morris, was good to see those two run; I think though that Barba is in the top five fastest players over 20 metres, but I don't think that translated to the track. With Morris, I believe he is better over 100 metres than Barba, but probably another 'better on the field' type of runner. That isn't a criticism by the way, it's just that some runners are better on actual playing fields and others are better on the track, Hayne is obviously one of those.

fourplay

Juniors
lol I think Inglis ran the same way he plays rugby league. Disinterested half the time.

But honestly I have thought Inglis has looked slow, unflexible and arthritic for the last year. I just went on youtube and looked at some old Inglis highlights and wow. Like his run against Manly in the 2007 grand final...his speed and running style when he first came into the NRL was so natural. It looks like he struggles now.

boxhead

First Grade
lol I think Inglis ran the same way he plays rugby league. Disinterested half the time.

But honestly I have thought Inglis has looked slow, unflexible and arthritic for the last year. I just went on youtube and looked at some old Inglis highlights and wow. Like his run against Manly in the 2007 grand final...his speed and running style when he first came into the NRL was so natural. It looks like he struggles now.

I think the problem with Inglis is that he has turned lazy, at least in my opinion....also, he's put on about 10 kilograms since 2008 which was probably intentional by him to be more effective in the centres.

cupid

Juniors
Greg Inglis use to look alot more leaner and athletic, circa 2007, 2008, he needs to drop some weight, and put on some more raw muscle.

m0nty

Juniors
What a shemozzle. Bolt doesn't run, both AFL runners withdrawn due to sponsor conflict, and two union blokes go 1-2. Pure Sydney, gotta love it.

Eels Dude

Coach
What a shemozzle. Bolt doesn't run, both AFL runners withdrawn due to sponsor conflict, and two union blokes go 1-2. Pure Sydney, gotta love it.

When was it ever confirmed Bolt was going to run? He was there for promotional purposes only.

ironhorse

Juniors
Hayne looked the goods in the run , he is quick . He has a similar height and weight as most world sprinters , Bolt would also be ~95kg . Inglis is just fat and lazy , anyone who thinks he is anything like he was is kidding themselves .

Danish

Referee
I think the problem with Inglis is that he has turned lazy, at least in my opinion....also, he's put on about 10 kilograms since 2008 which was probably intentional by him to be more effective in the centres.

try 20+kg.

He was easily at his best in every way in the 2007 season, and he'd be lucky to have been over 90kg at that point in his career.

I'd be surprised if he were under 110kg now. Just an absolute fatty and will struggle to see out his contract with the broncs if his gradual slump in effort and interest continues along the trend it has for the past 3 seasons

Latest posts