What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Race lines up NRL's quick men

m0nty

Juniors
Whoever that dickhead was who tried to Kanye his way into the first interview instead of Neil Cordy from One was a serious tool.

ShaiGuY

First Grade
Foxsports site has the race on following link they also say that Josh beat Barba by 0.01s
Link: http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27712687-23218,00.html
Gatorade Bolt 100m Sprint

1. Lachie Turner - Wallabies (11.10sec)
2. John Grant - Eastwood (11.15s)
3. Jarryd Hayne - Parramatta (11.20s)
4. Josh Morris - Canterbury-Bankstown (11.44s)
5. Ben Barba - Canterbury-Bankstown (11.45s)
6. Nathan Gardner - Cronulla (11.77s)
7. Matt Lewis - Central Coast Mariners (11.99s)
8. Greg Inglis - Melbourne Storm (12.48s)

fourplay

Juniors
and the winner is... the AFL for now bowing to some piece of sh1t gimmick run in the middle of no where,

middle of nowhere? It was at Sydney Olympic Park. Victorians have a strange sense of geography :lol:

infront of 2 men and their dog and with the world's fastest man watching on not giving a sh1t
It was actually a pretty big crowd. They were sitting in the grandstand in front of the 100m track which you could see when camera went to the wide angle. It was also broadcast nationally on live free to air TV. Usain Bolt had already built up a personal relationship with Jarryd Hayne etc. stop just trying to sugar coat AFL trying to save their star from humilation.

the highlight was watching the track announcer and onehd announcer argue over who was going to interview the winner first and nearly coming to blows
That was pretty funny... Anyway the event was a great concept and like most people who enjoy watching real athletes I enjoyed the race.

Last edited:

Tamwelg

Juniors
Issac Gordon would've got closer than Gardner..and where was Uate? He should've been invited to run.
Hayne was impressive but can't claim to be the Fastest player until he races all comers ie: K.Gordon, Mead, I.Gordon,Uate.

Exactly. The Titans told K. Gordon he can run the race, but he did not receive an invite. LOL at the organisation.

JT_

Juniors
Inglis has really gotten slower or he just didn't give a damn. I would of loved to see Uate and Flash Gordon there.

Exactly. The Titans told K. Gordon he can run the race, but he did not receive an invite. LOL at the organisation.

The organisers probably didn't want him to run the race in case he got injured, because there would be a huge whinge as a result.

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
It was a good idea, but in the end was bit of a shambles.

The AFL nuffies pulling out....having an A-League player there who wasn't near the level of others....Inglis didn't want to be there.

Bringing in a union nobody was the worst though. I'm sure there'd be plenty of fast sprinting RL players playing park footy too. I thought they wanted a who's who of the footy codes for the race to attract the interest.

It was Inglis, Hayne and maybe Morris that were well known. I'd never even seen this Turner guy or knew the A-League bloke. I'd never heard of the other union guy.

They should have this as an annual event though, with some changes.
Do it in the NRL GF week, so there'd be more players to choose from.

With a representative from nearly every NRL, AFL, A-League and Super 14 club you could have about 6 races with the fastest going through to the final.
Or just make it an NRL thing and part of the GF week stuff.

We could also have a commentator/announcer boxing night as well now. :D

Noname36

First Grade
Hayne had a good run, but surely he can't be considered the fastest man in league until he actually races the fastest players (I.e. Uate, Gordon, etc)

stormbati

Bench
What a joke this was! Who the hell was the rugby bloke who finished second?
One Hd are f**kin useless too.

chrisc101

Juniors
Wow this was the biggest farce for a long long time. Very much a shame as it does much more harm than good for Athletics in Australia. I can only compare it to a ripoff Boxing promotion. Seats in the grandstand were $70, for this you got, the footy players race, a 400 metre race (full of juniors), 100 metre race (full of juniors), a little athletics race, and Brad Fittler running a relay.

Last edited: