What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders stand down Goodwin and Carney over club claims

Well that's a great attitude:roll:

He's an idiot if he did that,he needs to be out of NRL for a large period of time.
That behaviour is unacceptable.

It really is poor timing just as the Raiders were starting to fire,but if he's done something like that he should be reprimanded.

Goodwin is obviously not as serious,probably anger management?

I dont condone what he had done, but why is he the player that has to have an example made out of him, sbw has had twice as many incidents and is still playing.......

Kiki

First Grade
um SBW has never pissed on someone and his drink driving charge was a low range one that he copped the morning after. not a high speed chase.

Definitely a stressful time for us Raiders fans. After the initial "what the f**k" feeling, and screaming at my monitor, my only way to deal with this is crack jokes about it.

f**k you Todd Carney

um SBW has never pissed on someone and his drink driving charge was a low range one that he copped the morning after. not a high speed chase.

SBW has urinated in public, Carney is ALLEGED to have done the same thing on another person....theres a difference.

He pissed on a wall not alledgedly on a human.

A disgusting act, but one that has yet to be proven, and anyhow, why should we be the club to make an example out of players that act up? The bulldogs do f**k all about their players that act up, hence the sbw reference.

mave

Coach
SBW has urinated in public, Carney is ALLEGED to have done the same thing on another person....theres a difference.

Yep, there are 2 differences. "Alleged" is one and the other is on whom or what SBW and Carney decided to relieve themselves.

Kiki

First Grade
so what if SBW pissed in public. who hasnt. u know what ive never done tho? PISSED ON SOMEONE.

so what if SBW pissed in public. who hasnt. u know what ive never done tho? PISSED ON SOMEONE.

That wasnt the point idiot.....

Nothing, at all, has been proven yet, there is still the possibility that its all a bullsh*t claim, but take it out of context all you like.

Kiki

First Grade
calling me an idiot coz i dont agree with you. mature!

also alleged or not, obviously Canberra management think the claim has some merit otherwise they wouldnt you know be standing him down.

Cletus

First Grade
A disgusting act, but one that has yet to be proven, and anyhow, why should we be the club to make an example out of players that act up? The bulldogs do f**k all about their players that act up, hence the sbw reference.

Well if he'd pissed on a lemon tree no-one would care. The fact is if it's proven it's the third serious incident that he's been involved in. As much of a clown that he is, SBW shagged some chick in a pub and pissed on a wall. He also got done for a BA of .075, hardly the same as taking police on a high speed chase and fleeing on foot when your license is suspended for blowing .145 in a previous incident. How many last warnings should he get Victor?

Eels Dude

Coach

You said yourself earlier than "drink driving is a crime, it KILLS people, and i've no sympathy for anyone that does it"

I'll post the link if needed. Low range if so, but where do you draw the line?

You're obviously defending certain players for the same reason as you're criticizing for others...

Well if he'd pissed on a lemon tree no-one would care. The fact is if it's proven it's the third serious incident that he's been involved in. As much of a clown that he is, SBW shagged some chick in a pub and pissed on a wall. He also got done for a BA of .075, hardly the same as taking police on a high speed chase and fleeing on foot when your license is suspended for blowing .145 in a previous incident. How many last warnings should he get Victor?

The same amount that any sydney player gets, which in terms of the games superstars seems to be nearly unlimited, the nrl didnt take a hard stance with any other club with their badboy players I dont see why they should with us.

(And no, as ive said, I dont condone what has allegedly happened)

Kiki

First Grade
yeh i dont have sympathy for SBW, where did i say i did?? he was an idiot for driving but he didnt go out and conduct a high speed chase. believe me im not SBW's biggest fan, im not defending him coz i like him.

my point his 'incidents' havent been anywhere near as serious as Carneys. therefore they warrant different actions. why is that so hard to understand??

yeh i dont have sympathy for SBW, where did i say i did?? he was an idiot for driving but he didnt go out and conduct a high speed chase. believe me im not SBW's biggest fan, im not defending him coz i like him.

my point his 'incidents' havent been anywhere near as serious as Carneys. why is that so hard to understand??

Its not, why is it so f**kin hard for you to understand that I dont think Carney should be made an example of?? No other club makes examples of their stars so why the hell should we?

Kiki

First Grade
oh i understand you. i just think you're wrong.

they are hardly making an example of him...they already let him slide on the drink driving thing. they have to draw the line somewhere and i guess this is it.

write to your CEO if you have a problem with their decision. it isn't our fault.

mave

Coach
Its not, why is it so f**kin hard for you to understand that I dont think Carney should be made an example of?? No other club makes examples of their stars so why the hell should we?

Has there been any precedent set with a player ALLEGEDLY urinating on another human before? To my recollection this is the first time. The Bulldogs have been weak as piss with their players before, as have any number of clubs, but this particular case with carney takes the cake as far as I am concerned, if proven true.

There is no comparison with someone pissing up against a wall and another pissing on another person.

Latest posts