What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders stand down Goodwin and Carney over club claims

Eels Dude

Coach
yeh i dont have sympathy for SBW, where did i say i did?? he was an idiot for driving but he didnt go out and conduct a high speed chase. believe me im not SBW's biggest fan, im not defending him coz i like him.

my point his 'incidents' havent been anywhere near as serious as Carneys. therefore they warrant different actions. why is that so hard to understand??

You said that 'Drunk driving' killed people and that you had no sympathy for anyone that did that. Would you like me to post a link?

But then only a few mins later you posted again stating "SBW has never pissed on someone and his drink driving charge was a low range one that he copped the morning after. not a high speed chase"

If you're against drink driving, don't post that it's ok, as long as its a "low range one" or make excuses for the fact it was the "morning after". If you're going to do that. If you' ARE going to do that is it ok to kill someone while drink driving as long as it is "the morning after"?

High speed chase or not it's still illegal. You're changing your mind too often.

Kiki

First Grade
mate i dont need you to post a link, i know what i said. get over it.

you cant tell me that a very low range alcohol level the morning after isnt less likely to kill someone than conducting a high speed chase when drunk out of your mind?? use your common sense champion.

this argument is going nowhere.

mate i dont need you to post a link, i know what i said. get over it.

you cant tell me that a very low range alcohol level the morning after isnt less likely to kill someone than conducting a high speed chase when drunk out of your mind?? use your common sense champion.

this argument is going nowhere.

Read the highlighted parts again and tell me your not contradicting yourself.

_Johnsy

Referee
making a point that our club does not tolerate any crap behaviour, lance thompson shown the door after altercation with payne. Some clubs tolerate knobs, others dont. No need to get all upset sweety.

"Johnsy said:
making a point that our club does not tolerate any crap behaviour, lance thompson shown the door after altercation with payne. Some clubs tolerate knobs, others dont. No need to get all upset sweety.

Did the Dragons punish Gasnier after his cell phone indiscretion? I know the blues did, but did the Dragons actually impose any punishment on Gaz (I honestly dont remember)

Todd Carney is the best player in our team. Wes Naiqama wasn't in the Dragons top 5 players. Therefore your point is moot in relation to Viktors.

Last edited:

Johns Magic

Referee
Its not, why is it so f**kin hard for you to understand that I dont think Carney should be made an example of?? No other club makes examples of their stars so why the hell should we?

Knights did with Seu Seu

Broncos do all the time.

Cronulla with Latu

Warriors with Faumuina

The list goes on

Pete Cash

Post Whore
This was to have allegedly happened in a toilet, so until their is evidence to the contrary I will give him the benefit of the doubt. The raiders were right to stand him down til we know what happened. Carney has a horrific record and its a pretty scandalous thing to have happened.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Knights did with Seu Seu

Broncos do all the time.

Cronulla with Latu

Warriors with Faumuina

The list goes on

The Knights never turfed Johns did they?
And none of the others would sack Heather, Bird, Thurston etc.
We don't deserve to lose our best player because the league community demand he be made an example of. Especially when none of the other clubs would do the same.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Knights did with Seu Seu

Broncos do all the time.

Cronulla with Latu

Warriors with Faumuina

The list goes on

Come on guys, the Knights are a good club, they only covered up a players drug use for like 5 years. They are the perfect club for the Raiders to follow in this case.

bartman

Immortal
Wow, just wow.

Allegedly pissing on a person :lol:. Top work Carney!

Not good form, even if it was in a toilet. It's probably a criminal act, if someone wanted to press charges or claim damages.

His own club have stood him down while the investigation goes on, and people have a problem with that? It's a basic prinicple of many employers to do likewise, to cover their own arses for future safety in case incidents recur. In that sense the club is using the same principle as society holding alleged crims on bail, nothing to do with the guilt or innocence under consideration, just covering society's arse in case something recurs in teh meantime.

Good to see some sensible Raiders fans posting earlier in this thread... The guy has some form for behaviour, and sure, the investigation needs to come to a conclusion, but whatever the reasons, this guy seems too much trouble for what he's worth. To his own club, and the league in general :arrow:

The person who made the complaint is allegedly not from canberra and has since left the city, it was reported on local canberra radio, that the incident was indeed in a mens room.