What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders VS Bulldogs

bileduct

Coach
Bay56 said:
where did I state that the club should have 'sat back and and done nothing' ?

please explain your mind boggling statement mate

You've bookended your statement about Carney's "silly suspension" with a big whinge about Henry. I don't think it's an unfair reach to assume that the implication of your statement is that the punishment metered out to Carney was "silly", given the weight of your other comments.

If that was not your intention then I apologise and withdraw my remark.

Edit: However, if that was the intention of your statement, I think that Carney's punishment was light, and there are a fair few other clubs that would have shown him the door immediately.

Bay56

First Grade
bileduct said:
You've bookended your statement about Carney's "silly suspension" with a big whinge about Henry. I don't think it's an unfair reach to assume that the implication of your statement is that the punishment metered out to Carney was "silly", given the weight of your other comments.

If that was not your intention then I apologise and withdraw my remark.

Edit: However, if that was the intention of your statement, I think that Carney's punishment was light, and there are a fair few other clubs that would have shown him the door immediately.

I think you have extrapolated to a resultant assumption that I do not agree with ANY 'punishment' (as you put it) dished out to Carney.

The fact is I do not agree with his suspension, the possible implications being that the club misses out on a place in the most important finals.

The "punishment" as you put it, was part of a programme to assist in Carney's rehabilitation. My assumption is that programme is flawed (backed up by a very reliable source). Unfortunately that can never be tested but what can be is the fact that we will not participate in this year's finals.

Btw I have not had " a big whinge" about Henry .. I have mearly made some observations which a number of others also hold to. Wait for a few more weeks of the same and then you will get your "big whinge" :lol:

Bay56

First Grade
Lime_Green said:
In what way is his rehab program flawed?

I dont think 5 weeks suspension will affect Carney's off-field behaviour one iota ... there are far more pressing issues that will.

Short of going over ground that has been previously covered that is as much as I will comment on the situation. We will all have opinions regarding this, I probably wont change yours and you definitely will not change mine.

colly raider

Juniors
Game day is here. It is the first time this year that I havent been confident that the raiders had a chance of winning.:(
I hope Im wrong.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Bay56 said:
The fact is I do not agree with his suspension, the possible implications being that the club misses out on a place in the most important finals.

The thing is that the suspension\rehab helped keep him out of prison. Not only that, I would bet quite a bit that the NRL would have stepped in had the club not taken the steps it did. The club did what was neccessary and I'm behind them on that issue. He should consider himself lucky that he got on the field as soon as he did.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Can't wait to see the forwards battle. Two giant packs going head to head has me drueling.

Shrek v Horse should be a beauty.

legend

Coach
I have no faith in us whatsoever winning this game. We don't compete well away from home, we lack the desire to be a finals team and mentally we are a weak team who make elementary mistakes week in, week out.

Souths have shown the desire and will to win and we have none of that.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I think there's a good chance of another Dragons game coming up.

It all depends on the attitude the boys come out with.

green eyed mike

Juniors
Our only chance today is if the Dogs have been out on the piss all night. That said there is a chance that they might take us lightly and if we really turn up it should be a pretty good game.

Just about to head out there and it is bloody warm up here! Let's hope our boys can at least make a good show of it!

Deep sh*t now TLL is out, Hinchcliffe is in , Hinchcliffe wants to prove himself to Henry , hope he plays above himself.
edit

, CANBERRA Raiders utility Ryan Hinchcliffe has vowed to show coach Neil Henry he is still a valuable asset after earning an NRL recall yesterday.
Hinchcliffe will join the Raiders bench for today's must-win game against the Bulldogs at Telstra Stadium after a shoulder injury kept back-rower Tom Learoyd-Lahrs out of the team.

It will be the 22-year-old's first NRL game since the Raiders' embarrassing loss to St George Illawarra five weeks ago.

Hinchcliffe admitted yesterday he was playing for his career after Raiders management told him he might not be required at the club next season.

He hoped to impress Henry with an eye-catching performance against the star-studded Bulldogs pack.

"There's only three games to go after this and I'm still up in the air about what I'm going to do next year so it's definitely a chance for me to show what I can do in first grade," Hinchcliffe said.

"It's a good opportunity for me not only to prove myself to the Raiders but to other teams as well.

"I haven't spoken to my manager for a couple of weeks but I know he was speaking to a couple of clubs."

Hinchcliffe said his first choice was to remain in Canberra next season, but Henry was yet to confirm if he would be required.

He has managed just three NRL games since joining the Raiders in 2004, mainly because of Lincoln Withers' mortgage on his preferred position of hooker. Hinchcliffe will spend time at both lock and hooker today as the Raiders attempt to cover the loss of injured captain Alan Tongue.

He said he had tried to put his future at the back of his mind for the final month of the season to ensure he played his best football.

"I want to stay here because I've got a really good bunch of mates and we're a pretty close-knit team," he said.

"But I've sort of been trying to put that in the back of my head a little bit and just focus on these next few weeks and make sure I have a good time and not worry about it too much. I don't want it getting the better of me.

"It has been really hard and I got myself down for a couple of weeks there by really worrying about it.

"But I had a bit of a think to myself and just realised I've only got a few months and I've got to make the most of it and play good footy and enjoy the time I have left with my mates."

The Bulldogs are likely to make two changes to their team for today's crucial match. Veteran fullback Luke Patten is set to return from injury with Trent Cutler making way, and Andrew Emilio is set to replace injured centre Willie Tonga.

Henry said his team was taking a "finals mentality" into the game as it fought to keep in touch with the top eight.

"We're acutely aware of the challenge ahead of us," Henry said.

"The Bulldogs are a tough side, they've got a number of players in their side that are very good attacking players so we'll need to be very aggressive defensively and we need to control the ball and play a bit of field position against them.

"It's really all or none for us so it's sort of that finals mentality

http://canberra.yourguide.com.au/de...league&story_id=1035974&category=rugby+league

Leethal

Juniors
That's the way, Raiders!! No need to worry, it's only the f**king season on the line!!

Piss f**king weak.

Latest posts