What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders vs Warriors

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
Mixmasterreece said:
You haven't be impressed by a team that's pretty much whipped the pants of everyone for the past 7 - 8 weeks? Sweet as mate, you must have some reasonably high expectations on what impresses you then.

The fact that I have not been overly impressed stems from the fact that from the Warriors last 7-8 games they have only played one team in the top 4 that being the Cowboys and were beaten. Taking a look at their last 8 games Titans, Roosters, Newcastle, West Tigers, St George, Cowboys, Titans & Panthers. It's a very soft draw. Granted the Raiders are way down the table but one only has to look at the Warriors record at Canberra Stadium over the last 7 games (1 win ) to think we are some chance.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Of course you are a good chance. I think the rolling of the eyes was aimed at the good ol "bomb Vautvei." Every team we have come up against since the Eels game brings out that classic line....hasn't really worked too well though.....

sydraider said:
if they havent won a comp, im not impressed either so you can keep your 7-8 whippings and go off and shag a sheep in disgust, wanker!

shag a sheep? Sh*t it's pretty high brow in here. Best of luck attempting to avoid the spoon.

Sydney_Raider said:
The fact that I have not been overly impressed stems from the fact that from the Warriors last 7-8 games they have only played one team in the top 4 that being the Cowboys and were beaten. Taking a look at their last 8 games Titans, Roosters, Newcastle, West Tigers, St George, Cowboys, Titans & Panthers. It's a very soft draw. Granted the Raiders are way down the table but one only has to look at the Warriors record at Canberra Stadium over the last 7 games (1 win ) to think we are some chance.

Oh dont get me wrong, I have no doubt you guys have a chance - canberra at home is a very different prospect. If we were playing in Auckland then I think we might pile some pretty heavy points on you guys.

Granted also on the soft draw, but having said that the Rooster are playing very well, the dragons were coming into some form, the Titans had just flogged the Tigers, and the Tigers travelled to Auckalnd with Farah on fire.

I think the true mark of the season will be trying to defeat you guys away and then Manly at home the following week.

ozbash

Referee
sydraider said:
you fuggin people amaze me, you come into a RAIDERS forum and expect every RAIDERS fan in here to talk nice and sweet things about their opposition. So what if he isnt impressed, if they havent won a comp, im not impressed either so you can keep your 7-8 whippings and go off and shag a sheep in disgust, wanker!

woooooo, bit hostile arnt ya ?

why do canberra supporters always revert to the old 'sheep shagging' reply ?

BTW we are allowed in the raiders forum....

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bay56 said:
I dont think there is a FG footballer in the NRL who isnt intent on improving his lot in the game.

So what you are suggesting is that a number of our youngsters are not willing to put in the hard yards to improve/extend their careers in the game.

There is a fine line between a strict disciplinarian and a good coach with leadership qualities ... atm rumours would indicate Henry hasnt reached that line.

Henry could be considered a soft coach ... drops players to lower grades with instructions "go and improve your game". I'd much prefer a coach who can give those same players tuition in the hurly burly of life in FG.

Campo and Goodwin are the best example of all the above points ... heaps of potential, seemingly disillusioned (pissed off you could say) young footballers.

the coach cant do much with a player such as say Bronx Goodwin, who as talented as he is, clearly doesnt like being told what to do, and has a fair temper on him too... Both he and Campo have been given chances but cant perform constistantly at that level.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bay56 said:
So this is the result of 40K plus posts ... I'd steer clear of this clown Leg

havent you got a forum to "administer" elsewhere Raider_69

:lol: Says the man who came up with the IMFAMOUS "sticky to Canberra's" rumor, courtesy of you're butcher, which of course turned out to be total bollocks, and more recently you were so sure we'd sign Whatuira you even said you'd streak at CS if he didnt sign :lol: Clown? Yea, well i guess you're an authority on the matter so you'd be in a position to judge that.

beauty part about my gig elsewhere Bay, is im able to do what i need to there and still have time to post here at LU, which ive done since day dot.

Bay56

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
:lol: Says the man who came up with the IMFAMOUS "sticky to Canberra's" rumor, courtesy of you're butcher, which of course turned out to be total bollocks, and more recently you were so sure we'd sign Whatuira you even said you'd streak at CS if he didnt sign :lol: Clown? Yea, well i guess you're an authority on the matter so you'd be in a position to judge that.

beauty part about my gig elsewhere Bay, is im able to do what i need to there and still have time to post here at LU, which ive done since day dot.

Keep going at it dude ... showing your colours well and true ...

derailed a few threads "there" and attempting to do it here ...

ban this trouble maker Legend .. for some reason he has a real fettish for my posts

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: i believe it was you who derailed this thread, and you have a long illustrious history for doing it... showing my true colours? probably right, im an arsehole and i embrace that, you're a wanker, i think its about time you embraced it

If legend wishes to ban me, thats his choice, its his site after all, and if im stupid enough to not abide by his rules and ignore his warnings then ill deserve it... now in the spirit of the thread, care to debate the merits of goodwin and campese's performances at NRL level? A debate you can probably hold you're own in, or do we want to continue as is, either way for, im enjoying this :D

Bay56

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
the coach cant do much with a player such as say Bronx Goodwin, who as talented as he is, clearly doesnt like being told what to do, and has a fair temper on him too... Both he and Campo have been given chances but cant perform constistantly at that level.

It would seem atm that the coach cant seem to do much with any player who pulls on a green jersey ... in the past six games we've seen a whopping 212 points scored against us ... that's 35 per game for the uninitiated.

paulquinn49

Bench
I like Withers to the bench, but if Hinchcliffe is our second best option hooker at the club we are in trouble.

I would drop Weyman off the bench for TLL, simply because Weyman offers nothing but weak hit ups and gives away penalties.

Howell at fullback is gun imo, but even with him there I think Warriors will get up by about 10

Bay56

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
:lol: i believe it was you who derailed this thread, and you have a long illustrious history for doing it... showing my true colours? probably right, im an arsehole and i embrace that, you're a wanker, i think its about time you embraced it

If legend wishes to ban me, thats his choice, its his site after all, and if im stupid enough to not abide by his rules and ignore his warnings then ill deserve it... now in the spirit of the thread, care to debate the merits of goodwin and campese's performances at NRL level? A debate you can probably hold you're own in, or do we want to continue as is, either way for, im enjoying this :D

I'll continue the tirade as long as you wish buddy ... pitty you didnt have the guts to tell me all this on the weekend

the problem you have here dude is that you cant lock the thread ... and I think any reasonable LU mod will realise whence it started

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: guts to tell you this on the weekend? this from a man who sat in front of me and didnt say a bloody word, not that id be this brutal in the real world anyways, seen for me there is a difference between an internet fued and the real world... ive had some god awful stouches with blokes on the net, but my theory is to leave them all where they belong, on the net... You seem like a decent good bloke face to face, so theres no need to be hostile toward you over an internet tiff, even if you do carry on like a child online :lol:, obviously you're different perhaps you cant seperate the cyber world from reality... hell i even once shoke hands and said g'day to RABK and tried to organise a met up with Insaneink, my forum arch enemies.

Besides, you should thank me, you may have ended up sitting in Bay 103-2 if not for me ;-)... the things i do for raiders fans eh?

Bay56

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
:lol: guts to tell you this on the weekend? this from a man who sat in front of me and didnt say a bloody word, not that id be this brutal in the real world anyways, seen for me there is a difference between an internet fued and the real world... ive had some god awful stouches with blokes on the net, but my theory is to leave them all where they belong, on the net... You seem like a decent good bloke face to face, so theres no need to be hostile. Even if you do carry on like a child online :lol:

Besides, you should thank me, you may have ended up sitting in Bay 103-2 if not for me ;-)... the things i do for raiders fans eh?

Ding ding ding ... Round 10

Yea thanks ... I cant believe what would have happened had I not sat in 103-1 ... what a waste of a day that would have been

"... carry on like a child online ... " ...... LMFAO

" ... hell i even once shoke hands and said g'day to RABK and tried to organise a met up with Insaneink, my forum arch enemies ..." ........ NO, I wouldnt have !!, any other real life stories you'd like to enlighten us with

My worry for this weekend is this
Bickerstaff 5 missed tackles last weekend
Weyman 5 missed tackles
withers 6 missed tackles
Graham 4 missed tackles
and in total 49 of them missed , how many of the above missed and it lead to a try.
we do this again and the likes of Price , Wiki ( still a legend ) McKinnin will crush us into submission.

shear_joy9

Coach
Wouldn't mind getting flogged in these last few rounds if it ment Henry gets the can. Although it will never happen.

Never liked him, do not rate him as a coach at all.

legend

Coach
Why is it I was castigated when I started a thread a few weeks back called "The honeymoon is over" about this very situation and was hounded down for being so negative?

Bay56

First Grade
legend said:
Why is it I was castigated when I started a thread a few weeks back called "The honeymoon is over" about this very situation and was hounded down for being so negative?
not me dude

what do they say ... once is a oversight, twice is mistake, three times a trend, four times incomptence

the jury is still out for mine regarding Henry but it wont take me too long to dig in if there is not a significant improvement next season

legend

Coach
No Bay, I think we are on the same page mate but it is amusing to see everyone echoing my sentiments a month down the track.

IMO, our season went downhill when Purtell was ruled out. He gave us stability out wide which none of the other backs can provide.

Chachi

Bench
Raidersrawesome said:
My worry for this weekend is this
Bickerstaff 5 missed tackles last weekend
Weyman 5 missed tackles
withers 6 missed tackles
Graham 4 missed tackles
and in total 49 of them missed , how many of the above missed and it lead to a try.
we do this again and the likes of Price , Wiki ( still a legend ) McKinnin will crush us into submission.
Howell 0 missed tackles. :lol: