What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders vs Warriors

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Leethal said:
*Sigh*

Doc, it's a capital "i". Try it - "I'm".

Dubby, who's getting nasty? We're just having a friendly dig, ain't we Doc!

I'm paying the price for ignoring the hopeless Firefox spell checker.

It's about time that we got to banter between the competing teams, instead of between a pair of Raiders supporters.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
How about that for a game plan! Stop Steve Price.

Not too many teams have been too successful in doing that.....another 200+ metre game for Pricey coming up.

sydraider

First Grade
ozbash said:
woooooo, bit hostile arnt ya ?

why do canberra supporters always revert to the old 'sheep shagging' reply ?

BTW we are allowed in the raiders forum....

You want cuddles, go get a famous hollywood actor to dress up as a shearer and have him tell you he loves you.

Im also allowed in the warriors forum too, I choose not to waste my time, seems you have a lot more of it.

Rich102

Staff member
St. Brett said:
Malcom X claimed that I'm the greatest swine eater on Earth. I'm more partial to Scotch fillet steak and prawns really.

Anybody watch the replay of last Sunday's game thismorning at 8:30am on Fox?

I don't know about watching TV that time of morning.
I watched it either way.

I only got on TV two times.

Now, let's get down to business.

I jotted down some notes last night on what to do against the Worriors.

The question is....can you regroup in time to do a number on these guys?

Here's what I envisioned will happen in the first 20 minutes of the game on Saturday against the Worriors.
It will be 8 nil their way.
It will be an improved preformance from Canberra defensive wise.
So in the first 20 minutes it will be tight and low scoring, which then tells me that on SportsTAB's over and under betting under will be a lock down!
If SportsTAB post -38.5 for the game I'm laying big.

Now.....I don't know if anyone cares about my tactics or not, but here's what Canberra's gotta do to be in this game!
Understand that the Worriors are red hot at the moment so you're already hard pressed against it already.
They'll be pushing for top 4 spot, home final, so that's their incentive so they'll be more hungrier than you guys.

So what Canberra have to do is upset their tempo.

Slow down the speed of the play the ball and test the ref to the limit. (Jared Maxwell? Please! He's that serial killer lookalike Richard Speck, guy'll bend easy. play to him.)
It's a home game so he'll show leniency so abuse the refs genorosity. Test him to the limits.
Fight if you have to.
Get in their face and do what Justin Hodges does to opposition players.
Dog them in every tackle. Lay all over them in surrender tackles. (Boxers sap strength off their opponents by laying all over them.)
Force them to fight and become frustrated. (I can see Steve Price now blowing up.) It's near the end of the season so what have you to lose? Give us a nice f**king dirty game for a change stop being so damn nice, ok? C'mon fire up those cylinders and play dirty if you have to. Just play a slow game and stop their quickning.

The NZ Worriors are only good this year because of the influx of Aussie players in their squad.
Price, Fiend and Wade McKinnon. How good's that guy playing? And Witt! Those Aussie boys are carrying that team alone. Cut down Price and his barging runs and frustrate them to lose their cool.
If you can get a roll-on then the steam train will come.
Oh, and Canberra? Don't let 'em off-load!
What Steve Price will do is draw 3 players in to tackle him and he'll swirl around, suck in the defense and create the offload overlap for the centers.
Cut steve Price down and you can beat the Worriors.
But frustrate them first.
See to it that they're fuming and questioning every call, alright?

Just watch how Easts beat them in the Grand Final. Kick early and watch their butter fingers come out in their half of the field.

Hey, St Brett, good advice!
If the Warriors had to read through this cr*p before the game they sure would be frustrated when they got on the field.
Luckily they are spared and will just get on with the business. Us 44-6. (3 penalties).

Rich102

Staff member
sydraider said:
You want cuddles, go get a famous hollywood actor to dress up as a shearer and have him tell you he loves you.

Im also allowed in the warriors forum too, I choose not to waste my time, seems you have a lot more of it.

Souths got Rusty before us! (Thank God!)

A bonus for IMO .
Bickerstaff out , TLL in on bench , Costigan to start

Carney and Campo have been instructed to bomb Vatuvei , hope a- it works and b - they bloody follow the instructuions

St. Brett

Juniors
There's a new invention in NZ called a VCR.
Apparently you can record off TV and even dub other video's if you've got audio cords.
It's only been released 10 years after electricity was introduced.

Yes, bomb Vatuvei! It's a good option. (remember the Parra game?)
But make sure you get chasers on him to go.

You know what you gotta do, Canberra.
No more Mr. nice guy.
Ya got nothing to lose so test the refs patience.
Frustrate them into error.
Kick early and play it in their half. (you used to do this tactic a few years back very well)
But most of all cut down Steve Price at all cost. He's their linchpin. (Stop the off loads and overlap plays!)

I'd like to see proper tackles too. There's so many bloody high grapple tackles today because nobody tackles low anymore, with the exception of Jamie Lyons, nobody tackles low anymore! So bootlace their arses! Tackle around the ankles.

Panjabi went off his nut the other day because Carney scored first and he said, and I quote, "he scores first every time!"
So, if I go and put $10 quid on him tonight will he?
He scored first against Cowboys Bulldogs but will he trifectta it with Worriors tonight?
Bet I jump on the ship too late.
Ok, I'll lay ten on him then.

I was in the TAB just then and noted the following.

Worriors 30+ $7 fav. Not likely. It won't be a blow out.

Canberra/Canberra half time full time $4. Tastey 'n juicy.

Raiders straight out $2:65.

Carney to score first $13.
(moze well take him to score last as well. Him or Withers too.)

Now, my bet overs and unders is quoted 45.5. I'm laying big on under 45.5 @ $1:85.
Forty-five is generous. It won't be a big scoring game tonight. It's gonna be a dower affair. There's talk of late rain in SYD up here so surely it will drizzle in Canberra as well, right?
This bet is a lock down.

Oh, and another thing....is it out of the question if say........umm, can Canberra still make the 8 if they win their 3 last games and other teams stop winning mid-field?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Rumor has it McKinnon is out.

BTW Vatuvei has been almost faultless since the Parra game. Bomb him some more though, practice makes perfect.

St. Brett

Juniors
Dr. Crane

Can you clarify if McKinnon is a NZ'er or Aussie?
Sorry, I'm not sure myself.
Seriously...I'm being serious here. What's his origin?

I don't mind that guys tattoos.

I know I know...Vatuvei has played extremely well since that debarcle.
He's actually gotten ten times better and you guys are silly for letting Missy Telapappa go to Cronulla.

(I was watching McLinden playing in Super League the other night at fullback. His team got thrashed 28-6? Wakefield beat them. They're sh*t)

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
McKinnon is Australian. He had those tatts at Parra.

Taulapapa is no loss. I'd say he'd struggle to hold a place in Premier League.

I'd imagine the tactics we are gonna hand out to Vatuvei will be deployed to our backs of Milne , Kelly and Howell. Vatuvei has been quite good of late so I hope if he looks safe then we go away from bombing him and put kicks in behind him as he is a big boy and should be slower in turning around to clean up

Rovelli

Bench
You guys have to be disciplined though...last week you turned over so much ball.

If you do that again, and give us numerous opportunities at your line, if we can't around you, we'll go right through you.

Cold weather, well, we're used to it.

Raiders will definitely want a quick start. If they can get going early, we'll be in for a ripper.

Should be a good game. Good luck.

Unfortunately a quick start doesnt mean too much to us , we have scored the 1st try the last couple of weeks and then done bugger all else , if we turn up with a good attitude it should be an entertaining game.

They played for 80 and come up trumps , Kelly finished with 3 I was screaming for him to be taken off after the mistake that led to a warriors try , but to his credit he made up for it. It wasnt a flashy win but the defence in general was good and their attitude and application was hell of a lot better , Linc needs to get super glue on his hands , his handling is very bad. Im happy this week.:)

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Congratulations Raiders. At least you didn't shut up shot from the first minute.

Plus i tipped you guys.

Latest posts