What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders vs Warriors

Bay56

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
:lol: thanks mate, i was actually thinking myself when i saw you that your looking more optimistic then when i saw you in the flesh. The receding hair line suits you imo.

Dude I've got more hair at my age than you've ever had ...

btw stop de-railing this thread or I'll lock it, or delete your post or some other unexplainable event might happen :lol:

Bay56

First Grade
canberra_raiders2k2 said:
what happend to TLL last week and why is he the 18th man..would of thought he'd be a ringer if fit.

Have not been too impressed with TLL of late .. imo the guy has bulked up far too much

Bay56

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
:lol: what ever helps ya sleep at night mate

mods can you get rid of this perenial pest ... was on my back at the other place (over zealous admin type guy) ... and now he's followed me here

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: Followed you here indeed
get ya hand off it bay, ive been posting at this site for a VERY long time... you started the jibes mate, if you cant handle the heat, stay out the kitchen old timer

Bay56

First Grade
What particularly worries me with the club atm are the signs of poor player attitude ... that is a reflection of what is happening behind the scenes and the coach plays a big part in the equation.

I dont want to see a Brian Smith type attitude at the club ... unfortunately the seeds may have already been sown.

Bay56

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
:lol: you're a classic bay, a complete dolt at times, but classic

I started the jibes hey ...

fortunately over here mate you dont hold control of the delete button (other than your own posts) ... therefore the evidence remains

now if you delete this thread, make a change to yours, shift a post or two to another thread no one will know what really happened :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
I agree bay, im very worried about the players attitudes, at times they just dont seem to care, dont want to put their bodies on the line, particular the young blokes... Neil Henry has been portrayed as a strict coach, and in the long run that will do these blokes the world of good. He wont accept players not putting in consistently and nor should he.

Bay, tell me again how many players this year have been dropped when they didnt deserve it?
I cant think of one single player who's been dropped when playing consistent good football, and i cant think of a PL player who has been denied an opportunity to prove his worth, they've all had a crack, the sad thing of it is, none of them have taken the opportunity and make a solid claim for their position... TC and Zillman aside.

Bronx Goodwin has been ok, but his attitude and commitment was found out big time against the Cowboys
Milne has been inconsistent as a player, though his attitude i think is good, he keeps getting involved.
Dobson has been up and down all year, one great game, 3 ordinary ones... to his credit he keeps going back to PL and forcing his way back. Id say if not for 2nd teir cap issues and injury Herbert may have even been given a go this year
Picker has been great but last week was given the task of marking up on SBW, as we saw, he was not quite up to the task, like last time, he'll go back to PL and work on his deficiencies and come back a better player
Thurling IMO has been alittle hard done by, should have got more chances then he has, Withers and Miller have probably had far more chances then they deserved.

But over all i think Henry's selections have been very good. He's shown that regardless of who you are and what talent you have, if you dont put in consistantly you'll be shaking hands with the PL coach, and in doing that he has also shown that the PL boys need to keep their heads up and work hard and they'll be rewarded

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bay56 said:
I started the jibes hey ...

fortunately over here mate you dont hold control of the delete button (other than your own posts) ... therefore the evidence remains

:lol: Wait till i get legend to make me an admin here, then you're f**ked :lol:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Sydney_Raider said:
I have still got my doubts about Rovelli and Witt and we need to put pressure on them from the get go. Goes without saying that Vatuvei should also be bombed at the first opportunity. I know the Warriors have strung a few wins together but I don't think they have been that impressive. Back to a Saturday night in Canberra, I would say we are a good chance of upsetting them, providing of course that the boys decide to have a go.

Ok

Except you comments on the halves are pretty spot on.

Bay56

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
I agree bay, im very worried about the players attitudes, at times they just dont seem to care, dont want to put their bodies on the line, particular the young blokes... Neil Henry has been portrayed as a strict coach, and in the long run that will do these blokes the world of good. He wont accept players not putting in consistently and nor should he.

I dont think there is a FG footballer in the NRL who isnt intent on improving his lot in the game.

So what you are suggesting is that a number of our youngsters are not willing to put in the hard yards to improve/extend their careers in the game.

There is a fine line between a strict disciplinarian and a good coach with leadership qualities ... atm rumours would indicate Henry hasnt reached that line.

Henry could be considered a soft coach ... drops players to lower grades with instructions "go and improve your game". I'd much prefer a coach who can give those same players tuition in the hurly burly of life in FG.

Campo and Goodwin are the best example of all the above points ... heaps of potential, seemingly disillusioned (pissed off you could say) young footballers.

Bay56

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
:lol: Wait till i get legend to make me an admin here, then you're f**ked :lol:

So this is the result of 40K plus posts ... I'd steer clear of this clown Leg

havent you got a forum to "administer" elsewhere Raider_69

Mal Meninga

Bench
Macko8 said:
Expect our forwards eg bickers and turner to be ran over the top of

For the life of me i cannot understand why Costigan and TLL arnt named as the starting pairing in the 2nd row,that would be the logical thing to do.
I'd have them in my side with no hesitation but Henry wants to build the club around Turner by the looks of things :lol:

Rich102

Staff member
Sydney_Raider said:
I have still got my doubts about Rovelli and Witt and we need to put pressure on them from the get go. Goes without saying that Vatuvei should also be bombed at the first opportunity. I know the Warriors have strung a few wins together but I don't think they have been that impressive. Back to a Saturday night in Canberra, I would say we are a good chance of upsetting them, providing of course that the boys decide to have a go.
:roll:

green eyed mike

Juniors
I hope that what Henry is doing is trying to give people a chance to win first grade spots for next year. IMO the team has been chopped and changed too much this year. Injury is one thing but haven't different players in the line up, particulalrly in the halves, doesn't help build combinations and certainly doesn't help with communication in defence. Our defence has been what has really let us down this year.

That said, if the Raiders fail to turn up again, like they did last week, then I will be embarrassed. These guys are professionals and it is ok to get beaten by a better team if you play 80 minutes, we haven't done that in a single game this season.

Look at the Broncos, they are missing half a team and yet they play 80 minutes every week and get close to the top teams on heart alone.

If we don't show a bit of ticker this will be a cricket score.

Chachi

Bench
Rich102 said:
Good point. The warriors have absolutely no weaknesses and our gameplan should be to go in to the match hoping for some natural disaster to intervene.
You guys are unstoppable and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Chachi said:
Good point. The warriors have absolutely no weaknesses and our gameplan should be to go in to the match hoping for some natural disaster to intervene.
You guys are unstoppable and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

You haven't be impressed by a team that's pretty much whipped the pants of everyone for the past 7 - 8 weeks? Sweet as mate, you must have some reasonably high expectations on what impresses you then.

boldy

Juniors
Sydney_Raider said:

Hmm not sure if the cliche tactic of bombing the cr*p out of Vatuvei will work. He is getting so much practice its starting to backfire!

:cool:

sydraider

First Grade
Mixmasterreece said:
You haven't be impressed by a team that's pretty much whipped the pants of everyone for the past 7 - 8 weeks? Sweet as mate, you must have some reasonably high expectations on what impresses you then.

you fuggin people amaze me, you come into a RAIDERS forum and expect every RAIDERS fan in here to talk nice and sweet things about their opposition. So what if he isnt impressed, if they havent won a comp, im not impressed either so you can keep your 7-8 whippings and go off and shag a sheep in disgust, wanker!

Chachi

Bench
Mixmasterreece said:
Congratulations on winning the July-August premiership, joining last year's winner the Melbourne Storm. Party starts at fu@k-off o'clock.

For the record I hope the Warriors win the comp if we can't, but if they go into the finals with your sort of attitude they'll get hammered.