What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random question

SerbDragon

Coach
user1668_1156130120.jpg

:)

Loudstrat

Coach
Still remember the Denis Bendall - Wayne Wigham centres partnership for the Tigers. Bendall broke his neck in a diving accident - bloody tragedy.

And lol@ the "asians are too small" rubbish. Sumo wrestlers anyone?

An all Asian RL side...
1. Rod Silva
2. Hasem El Masri
3. Dennis Bendall
4. Hasan Saleh
5. Ahmed Bajouri
6. Craig Wing
7. Benny Elias
8. Tim Mannah
9. Robbie Farah
10. Paul Khan
11. John Elias
12. Darren Maroon
13. George Ndira

Cook Islands would flog 'em.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You'll never see a full blooded Asian player in the NRL. Genetics means they're way too small. But you get a few half casts like a Matt Sing or Craig Wing every now and then.

Yao Ming is pretty small. And lol at people saying half caste.

juro

Bench
You'll never see a full blooded Asian player in the NRL. Genetics means they're way too small. But you get a few half casts like a Matt Sing or Craig Wing every now and then.
Yeah, because all asians are 5 feet tall right? Never heard of Yao Ming, the Chinese basketballer in the NBA?

I saw an interesting documentary on Yao Ming how talented and tall athletes were forced to breed with each other to create super-athletes :crazy:

juro

Bench
He's tall but very slender. And that's what I mean by small. You don't see many Asians around that have the right body frame to play rugby league at the top level.
Okay, how about this one if you like them more solid...

Chinese-swimmer-Le-Jingyi-tested-positive-to-steroid-6169490.jpg

And let's not forget that Asia is more than China and Japan. It goes all the way west to places like Turkey, Georgia, and yes, as others have mentioned, Lebanon.

Also, one of the reasons a lot of east Asians are small is because of poor diet. I am not particularly tall but stand taller than most Vietnamese who are older than me. But the next generation of Vietnamese are a lot bigger than their parents, due to having access to more nutricious food. I would imagine it is the same in a lot of other developing countries...

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
He's tall but very slender. And that's what I mean by small. You don't see many Asians around that have the right body frame to play rugby league at the top level.

Koreans, Japanese, Indians have excelled at powerlifting, judo, and other power sports over the years. The population of Asia is 3 billion +, you're going to find someone in that lot with the right body shape for league who has immigrated to Australia.

Latest posts