What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I'll go on record now as stating that any rumours you may have heard about me coming in to assist are not true...I HAVE NOT been approached and will not confirm or deny that I would or would not accept if I was....that's all I will say about it untill the next time I have anything to say.
* these are my principles... AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT...that's ok...I have others
You have our full support (i.e. we are firing you tomorrow).

Nutz

Bench

The Sydney Morning Herald

‘Fire still burns’: The motivation driving incoming Wests Tigers halfback Aidan Sezer​

Adrian Proszenko

ByAdrian Proszenko

August 24, 2023 — 4.00pm

Aidan Sezer, the halfback entrusted with guiding Wests Tigers out of the wilderness, cast his mind back four seasons when asked what is driving his second coming in the NRL.
“It’s a little bit bittersweet,” Sezer said of Canberra’s controversial and heartbreaking loss in the 2019 grand final.

“People always say you’re more hungry when you get there and lose, and I have an opportunity to right a wrong with something that still burns inside me.
“Coming over [to England] put that on the backburner for a bit. It has been a good experience, but I’m really keen to get home.
“I’m really grateful for the opportunity to come back, first and foremost. Hopefully, I can come back and play some good footy because losing the GF and then coming over here, the fire is still burning to get back to playing in the NRL and at a high level.”
Sezer has been tasked with stepping into the No.7 jersey that has belonged to Luke Brooks for an extended period. He will do so at the age of 32 after spending the past four years in the Super League, with Huddersfield and then Leeds.
Aidan Sezer comes to terms with defeat in the 2019 grand final. That game still burns the returning halfback.
Aidan Sezer comes to terms with defeat in the 2019 grand final. That game still burns the returning halfback.
While most pundits believe rookie coach Benji Marshall has accepted the toughest job in the NRL – he takes over a side that earned a wooden spoon in 2022 and is closing in on a second – similar musings can be made about Sezer’s role.
Sezer will unite at the scrum base with an inexperienced half, either former Dragon Jayden Sullivan or the promising but untested Latu Fainu. The former Raiders and Titans playmaker believes the experience of playing more than 200 games in two competitions in two countries has prepared him for the scrutiny that will be coming his way.

“It comes with the territory, being the halfback of the team, the pressure that comes with that,” Sezer said from England in his first interview since signing with the Tigers.
“For me, there are two talented halves coming to the club next year, and they will be champing at the bit to get their careers started and be regulars in the NRL.
“I’m under no illusions that I’ve got some hard work ahead of me and I need to prove myself to the playing group, first with the way I train and go about things day-to-day.
“Hopefully, I will be that voice for the halves as well.”

That article just made me feel good for the week, now to have a win on the weekend to top it all off.

The Sydney Morning Herald

‘Fire still burns’: The motivation driving incoming Wests Tigers halfback Aidan Sezer​

Adrian Proszenko

ByAdrian Proszenko

August 24, 2023 — 4.00pm

Aidan Sezer, the halfback entrusted with guiding Wests Tigers out of the wilderness, cast his mind back four seasons when asked what is driving his second coming in the NRL.
“It’s a little bit bittersweet,” Sezer said of Canberra’s controversial and heartbreaking loss in the 2019 grand final.

“People always say you’re more hungry when you get there and lose, and I have an opportunity to right a wrong with something that still burns inside me.
“Coming over [to England] put that on the backburner for a bit. It has been a good experience, but I’m really keen to get home.
“I’m really grateful for the opportunity to come back, first and foremost. Hopefully, I can come back and play some good footy because losing the GF and then coming over here, the fire is still burning to get back to playing in the NRL and at a high level.”
Sezer has been tasked with stepping into the No.7 jersey that has belonged to Luke Brooks for an extended period. He will do so at the age of 32 after spending the past four years in the Super League, with Huddersfield and then Leeds.
While most pundits believe rookie coach Benji Marshall has accepted the toughest job in the NRL – he takes over a side that earned a wooden spoon in 2022 and is closing in on a second – similar musings can be made about Sezer’s role.
Sezer will unite at the scrum base with an inexperienced half, either former Dragon Jayden Sullivan or the promising but untested Latu Fainu. The former Raiders and Titans playmaker believes the experience of playing more than 200 games in two competitions in two countries has prepared him for the scrutiny that will be coming his way.

“It comes with the territory, being the halfback of the team, the pressure that comes with that,” Sezer said from England in his first interview since signing with the Tigers.
“For me, there are two talented halves coming to the club next year, and they will be champing at the bit to get their careers started and be regulars in the NRL.
“I’m under no illusions that I’ve got some hard work ahead of me and I need to prove myself to the playing group, first with the way I train and go about things day-to-day.
“Hopefully, I will be that voice for the halves as well.”

That article just made me feel good for the week, now to have a win on the weekend to top it all off.
The poor kid doesn’t know what he’s signed up for!

Fortunately, the bar is extremely low.

He can factory on at reserve grade standard without any guilt or remorse and still be regarded as our best half in many years.

So he should chill.

There’s that pungent whiff of snout swirling about him, but we shall see.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
The poor kid doesn’t know what he’s signed up for!

Fortunately, the bar is extremely low.

He can factory on at reserve grade standard without any guilt or remorse and still be regarded as our best half in many years.

So he should chill.

There’s that pungent whiff of snout swirling about him, but we shall see.
You've been scarred TSP....lets all get back on the bus again, "the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round....
Picsart_23-08-24_19-13-12-623.jpg

I don’t want a sleaze bag skirt chaser at the club.

If hes been a creep, a predator then he can f**k off.

Women working at the club are entitled to feel safe at work.

We don’t want to be another Penrith.

Even the knights couldn’t put up with the dog f**ker pants man.
I think the women employed at the tigers are safe. There's very few people in the entire organisation with a set of balls. And if they did, the brains to work out how to use them.

IMG_7464.jpeg
Source: YouTube.

Another instalment of Ask the sloth is upon us.

Compulsory viewing I’m afraid.

A mix of spin, tired explanations and the odd gaffe.

Against that, certainly some excitement with our man Fulton whom Pascoe seems quite taken by.

Fulton representing a shift away from snout and pretty much the only person in senior management knowing what he’s doing.

Reference to the cost to recruit our recruiter was noted and also Justin’s desire to get return on investment with players. I agree with that model generally with a couple of exceptions.

A lot of questions left unanswered, some avoided completely …but hey,that’s how we roll.

Appeals for sympathy for Justin was a lame topic, Justin impervious.

“Clubs bests interests” an awesome throw away line with little to no elaboration lol.

Anyway I commend the episode for its Fulton feature.

There’s also some interesting insights into recruitment generally.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
I don’t want a sleaze bag skirt chaser at the club.

If hes been a creep, a predator then he can f**k off.

Women working at the club are entitled to feel safe at work.

We don’t want to be another Penrith.

Even the knights couldn’t put up with the dog f**ker pants man.
The rumor was that he allegedly flashed his cock at a women who he asked to his hotel room whilst pissed. Hardly decent behaviour but miles away from being a predator.

The rumor was that he allegedly flashed his cock at a women who he asked to his hotel room whilst pissed. Hardly decent behaviour but miles away from being a predator.

If that’s true, im afraid he’s got the pervert in him.

We wouldn’t know when he’s going to sleaze out again. Being drunk is no defence

We can’t have senior people who are not fit and proper. They are very bad role models for players and reflect poorly on our club.

I’d even prefer Tim stick it out and I’ve hammered him a million times over since he appointed himself as coach.

We will have a difficult time with sponsors etc once we give sex cretins a seat at the table.

That’s what happened at Penrith, sponsors threatened to walk if May wasn’t sacked.

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
If that’s true, im afraid he’s got the pervert in him.

We wouldn’t know when he’s going to sleaze out again. Being drunk is no defence

We can’t have senior people who are not fit and proper. They are very bad role models for players and reflect poorly on our club.

I’d even prefer Tim stick it out and I’ve hammered him a million times over since he appointed himself as coach.

We will have a difficult time with sponsors etc once we give sex cretins a seat at the table.
Tend to agree, but it doesn’t seem to have effected him at the eels?

But I wouldn’t want him anywhere near this club, our history of re-employing sacked staff has not been good?

Tend to agree, but it doesn’t seem to have effected him at the eels?

But I wouldn’t want him anywhere near this club, our history of re-employing sacked staff has not been good?
Snout at work.

Thats why Fultons appointment is very exciting.

And during ask the sloth, he’s wasn't exactly cowering down to GTA.

Ask the sloth feature interpretation #2

Pascoe concedes to the recruitment staff at the club having “ Robust discussions” which of course is polite code for massive arguments.

These don’t need to occur if Fulton is truly sidelined or subservient to Benji.

That tells us that Fultons controversial appointment is deliberate, designed to shake up snout.

It makes sense when we look at the outcome of the implementation of “contented snout” ( same paging Tim’s “vision” ) and what it brought to the club in the form of catastrophic failure (spoons).

Just my take on it.

Tigerm

Coach
Ask the sloth feature interpretation #2

Pascoe concedes to the recruitment staff at the club having “ Robust discussions” which of course is polite code for massive arguments.

These don’t need to occur if Fulton is truly sidelined or subservient to Benji.

That tells us that Fultons controversial appointment is deliberate, designed to shake up snout.

It makes sense when we look at the outcome of the implementation of “contented snout” ( same paging Tim’s “vision” ) and what it brought to the club in the form of catastrophic failure (spoons).

Just my take on it.
But he also said, that the final decision will be the head coach, and rightly so as it is he who will be sacrificed if it all turns to shit again.

But he also said, that the final decision will be the head coach, and rightly so as it is he who will be sacrificed if it all turns to shit again.
Yes indeed, he did make that remark, emphasised same and there was much nodding! Yet, taken together our observations are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

Scott has a seat at the table, Benji needs to have the courage of his own convictions as against Scott’s per high stakes/ expense signings.

Note Scott’s “ long game” comments, justifying the signing of younger players.

And did you get the impression of a few surprise axings to come soon? I did.

I became frustrated that Pascoe wanted to interrupt the others in the first stanza of the show.

Also the incessant irrelevant small talk.

There were numerous defences to criticisms levelled in circumstances where I wasn’t aware of them, thus making me aware of them, lol!

We learn from these remarks what the club is sensitive to.

Justin reference to his kids was slightly off.

There were a large number of edits, understandable of course.

I don’t care much for our pr, hate it even, but this is an important piece and I commend it to our panel here.

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
Yes indeed, he did make that remark, emphasised same and there was much nodding! Yet, taken together our observations are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

Scott has a seat at the table, Benji needs to have the courage of his own convictions as against Scott’s per high stakes/ expense signings.

Note Scott’s “ long game” comments, justifying the signing of younger players.

And did you get the impression of a few surprise axings to come soon? I did.

I became frustrated that Pascoe wanted to interrupt the others in the first stanza of the show.

Also the incessant irrelevant small talk.

There were numerous defences to criticisms levelled in circumstances where I wasn’t aware of them, thus making me aware of them, lol!

We learn from these remarks what the club is sensitive to.

Justin reference to his kids was slightly off.

There were a large number of edits, understandable of course.

I don’t care much for our pr, hate it even, but this is an important piece and I commend it to our panel here.
Yep, certainly think some blokes won’t be here next season, understandably so, we are coming last with two games to go.

It was pretty good I thought, and good to know that there is robust discussions on how to improve the team, would certainly hope Fulton offers alternatives for them to consider.

Hopefully, onwards and upwards.

Yep, certainly think some blokes won’t be here next season, understandably so, we are coming last with two games to go.

It was pretty good I thought, and good to know that there is robust discussions on how to improve the team, would certainly hope Fulton offers alternatives for them to consider.

Hopefully, onwards and upwards.

Fulton is very expensive, he has extensive contacts, Justin seems to worship him and he’s desperate to make an impact.

I think he’s the recruitment shot caller despite the carry on and denials.

“Long game” geez he got guts to say that in the face of 2 spoons.

And note that he’s ringing Pascoe at all hours and not GTA. It’s not exactly GTA calling him.

Recruitment is 24/7, it never sleeps, neither does Fulton.

A lot to unpack.

Another message was the need to keep things in house, which is obvious but hasn’t been happening.

The problem with the appeal to keep things in/house, is that it lets the club claim the narrative which we know is skewed and purports to tell us how happy and wonderful everything is.

I’m not sure about anyone anyone else but when we are in fail mode, I expect fisticuffs, concerns and chaos to reign supreme. That’s how you get to change.

Meet the sloth poses many contradictions for us to reflect on.

Neither good nor bad. It is what it is.

Last edited:

TroyJax

Juniors
Fulton is very expensive, he has extensive contacts, Justin seems to worship him and he’s desperate to make an impact.

And note that he’s ringing Pascoe at all hours and not GTA. It’s not exactly GTA calling him.

A lot to unpack.

Another message was the need to keep things in house, which is obvious but hasn’t been happening.

The problem with the appeal to keep things in/house, is that it lets the club claim the narrative which we know is skewed and purports to tell us how happy and wonderful everything is.

I’m not sure about anyone anyone else but when we are in fail mode, I expect fisticuffs, concerns and chaos to reign supreme. That’s how you get to change.

Fulton answers to Benji.

WA Tiger

Bench

A lot to unpack.

DCOE..Dumbest €¥+% on earth