What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rangi Chase

cas1

Juniors
From what I read castleford will release him quite happily as he is on big money and they want free up the cap space but will keep him if a deal can't be done as he is held in high esteem there.just wish they'd hurry up and announce something.

it's not about freeing up the cap space cas tigers are in finacial troubles the deal will be done next week.
what you get with rangi chase is a top class player in any league had couple of booze related issues with cas.

dragon-83

Juniors
Managers' contract dispute stalls Dragons' plan to sign Chase
GLENN JACKSON October 20, 2012

Rangi Chase ... his move to the NRL has hit a snag. Photo: Getty Images

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA'S plans to bring English international Rangi Chase back to the NRL have been stalled because of a contract dispute between agents.
Chase's long-time manager, Chris Orr, maintains he has a contract with the playmaker, but that is being disputed by another agent, France-based Greg Keenan. The matter is in the hands of the legal teams of both parties and remains unresolved.
Orr claims Chase owes money and is on contract until August next year. He has not been involved in negotiations with the Dragons over the Castleford player, and while Chase's management is in dispute, talks cannot be finalised with any club.
Advertisement

Until the matter is resolved, Chase's future remains in the air.
''The matter is in the hands of lawyers and in front of the Accredited Player Agent Scheme,'' Orr said last night. ''As far as we stand, Rangi has outstanding fees. If that is resolved, he's free to continue his career wherever he likes.''
It is understood, though, that Chase maintains he is represented by Keenan, who - to cloud the issue further - is not an NRL accredited player agent.
The Accredited Player Agent Scheme's manager, Paul Massey, confirmed the body was looking into the dispute, and said talks between the player and any club were on hold. ''The current management arrangements are under review,'' Massey said. ''Until such time as that's resolved, no contract can be signed.''
Talks are set to continue between representatives of the two agents over the weekend.
Castleford, to whom Chase is contracted for the next three seasons, have confirmed the 2011 Man of Steel is seeking a return to the Dragons. ''There is still interest from St George and, if a deal comes, it's a bonus because obviously there is better money over there,'' the 26-year-old said. ''I've got a young family now so I've got to do what's best for them.''
■ Manly winger Jorge Taufua has been banned from licensed premises in Queensland after allegedly spitting at a police officer on the Gold Coast. Taufua, 20, faced Southport Magistrates Court on Friday charged with serious assault.
Meanwhile, the Warriors could play one of their NRL home matches in Australia next year.
with AAP

Sauce SMH

casfan

Juniors
Hello guys.
Cas fan here, just wondered what the up dates from your end were on rangi.
According to our CEO last night, he is still a cas player.
Though he is in talks with st george.

Just wondered what your take on it is. Heard today it could be a LOAN deal for one season. I think that is just rumour.

I personaly will be sad to see him go, great player on the field, terrible off the field antics, likes his beer and as been known to miss training.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Thanks for your time.

casfan.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Hello guys.

Just wondered what your take on it is. Heard today it could be a LOAN deal for one season. I think that is just rumour.

I personaly will be sad to see him go, great player on the field, terrible off the field antics, likes his beer and as been known to miss training.

casfan.

Cheers bud.

Won't see any top grade action if he stuffs around at Saints.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Hello guys.

casfan.

Thanks for the info. The article from dragon-83 about a dispute with managers is the key ( obviously ). Also, if he's a goose off the field, Dragons shouldn't sign him. I'd prefer to see them wait for another player than take a risk on a guy who doesn't seem to have matured ( despite having a young family to look after ).

cas1

Juniors
Rangi chase has come back from the south africa training camp with a groin strain,out of the forthcoming internationals.

casfan

Juniors
Hello.

Rangi chase sent home from the training camp today.
According to the england coaching staff he as a groin strain, which will keep him out for 3 weeks.

The old cynic in myself and a few other cas fans, he's on his way to oz to finalise the deal with st george. This is only rumour i my add.

Sounds like the on going saga with the 2 agents is the real reason things have been delayed.

Hers to another day of speculation.
Cheers guys.

Casfan

casfan

Juniors
Hi guys.
So no deal could be met, i read that as stale mate.
Only other option was to stay at cas, looks that way.

Personaly i'm glad he is doing, my only fear is his off field antics.
He needs to knuckle down or i can see this deal being re kindled.

Thanks for your time.

Casfan

COYF.

nontime111

Juniors
wow, thats a real kick in the guts for me...
Much worse than the stupid Moltzen affair last year.....
Oh well.....Soward.....Style.......GET IT HAPPENING OK!!!
GO DRAGONS :x

possm

Coach
CHASE TO STAY AT CASTLEFORD

http://www.nrl.com/chase-to-stay-at-castleford/tabid/10874/newsid/70289/default.aspx

'But Castleford were hoping to resolve the matter before the weekend and after a deal with St George was not concluded, the Super League outfit announced it was "mutually agreed" that Chase would remain at the club.'

So someone couldn't close the deal or only wanted Chase at a bargin basement price.

So what's the go now? Do we begin the season with:
NRL - Soward 6 and Fien 7.
Cutters - Style 6 and Drinkwarter 7 (providing Style is fit and ready).

Or do we take a chance and go with:
NRL - Soward 6 and Style 7 (providing Style is fit and ready).
Cutters - Fien 6 and Drinkwater 7.

Or if Style is not ready to go, will Price select:
NRL - Soward 6 and Drinkwater 7.

My tip is that Price will go with:
NRL - Soward 6 and Fien 7.

Let's hope Price comes up with a good game plan.

Last edited:
I know Price won't have a lot of optoins but to me he has to try something different. Putting a 34 year old hooker at half in his last season to me is a backward move. I know he has played half before, but if he was 24 I would say go for it.
So it either has to be Drinkwater or Kyle for the halfback spot and hope for the best, otherwise we are in for a world of hurt come 2013.

Minh

First Grade
I hope its Drinkwater or Kyle in the halves now have the guts to give the young guys a shot.

nrlnrl

First Grade
I know Price won't have a lot of optoins but to me he has to try something different. Putting a 34 year old hooker at half in his last season to me is a backward move. I know he has played half before, but if he was 24 I would say go for it.
So it either has to be Drinkwater or Kyle for the halfback spot and hope for the best, otherwise we are in for a world of hurt come 2013.

There mightn't be much choice if Kyle Stanley isn't ready to play. I'd rather they went with Nathan Fien than throw Josh Drinkwater in without any NRL experience.

MattYg1

Bench
As much as I would have liked to have seen Rangi back in the Red V can we not turn this into a end of the world type scenerio.

I can forsee many "Doust dropped the ball" type posts in our future and for somebody as unproven as Chase I dont know if its warranted.

hardbaby

Coach
As much as I would have liked to have seen Rangi back in the Red V can we not turn this into a end of the world type scenerio.

I can forsee many "Doust dropped the ball" type posts in our future and for somebody as unproven as Chase I dont know if its warranted.

Umm...no. If it looks like shit and smells like shit, it's shit. We obviously have a major issue in our recruitment. And to call a winner of the Man of Steel "unproven" is absurd.

Another absolute sitter dropped. The right guy in the right position. Wanted to come home. Loves the Dragons. Crazy stuff. Really don't understand what the management at the Dragons is doing any more. Clueless individuals.

Re halves, Soward and Style should be the combination this year. It sounds like Style's injury is progressing quite well. Even still, I would rather he miss the first month or so and ensure he is right. Drinkwater deserves his chance to start. Young halves often go well.

Fien should be cover for injury. But I suspect that Price will name him in the team all year. If he doesn't take an opportunity at half off Style or Drinkwater he will probably take King's chance at hooker.

Latest posts