What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rank Sydney clubs in Size!!!!

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Theres no real way to tell which teams have the most support. Perhaps in 20 years, hopefully, our membership drives will be in full swing we will get a figure that can be used as a guide, but there is no real way of tell.

The title should say "Rank Sydney clubs in crowd Size" or "Rank Sydney clubs in bandwagon support".

the sheer popularity of a side is hard to determine, but the Dragons red V is probably the most reconisable club jersey in the country.

Thats what the off season is all about. Pissing contest after pissing contest until the stream of piss reaches a crescendo in Feb/March and then the Footy kicks off again.

theres so much Pee..that theres no H!

benoir91

Juniors
When the DT does the fan poll usually it ranks like this

1 Eels
2 Dogs
3 Dragons

but it could just mean more Parra fans buy the paper than others

ManlyMania

Juniors
Using your logic I can say Bulldogs 17 Manly 4 and have a valid argument :lol:

Most recent results indicate we went from spooners to preliminary finalists, whereas you went from premiers to out-the-back-door in week one of the finals.

Amount of free tickets? I've seen some gibberish in my time but you've topped it.

If the Bulldogs have "turned their back on their area fanbase", then why are they consitently pulling fans?

something Manly have NEVER done.:lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Merging = something the Bulldogs have never done.

Keep going, I'm sure you can come up with something...

ManlyMania

Juniors
nah ill leave it at the wooden spoon - in terms of the merge we are the only club to get out of one as well and then kick on and become world champions in 5 years.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I will begin by stating I don't think the Eels have the larger supporter base.

However, why is the only acceptable criteria crowd averages or how many games you attend?I've been to three games in three years due to work but I bleed blue and gold.

joe9x

Juniors
1) Bulldogs
2) Tigers
3) Rabbitohs
4) Dragons
5) Eels
6) Sea Eagles
7) Panthers
8) Roosters
9) Sharks

Spot on.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
1) Dragons
2) Bulldogs
3) Rabbitohs
4) Tigers
5) Eels
6) Panthers
7) Sea Eagles
8) Roosters
9) Sharks

j0nesy

Bench
1) St George Illawarra
2) Canterbury Bankstown
3) South Sydney
4) Parramatta
5) Wests Tigers
6) Penrith
7) Manly
8) Roosters
9) Cronulla

half

Coach
just because bulldogs fans are loud and violent doesn't mean there's a heap of them. it just seems that way. most people in sydney are actually decent folk

yadamisha

Juniors
This my list based on my impressions say over the last 10 years taking into account the varying positions every team has filled on the competition table over time. Obviously when you finish last it usually means a drop in crowd figures, finish first and they are up - everyone loves a winner. Just look how all the parra fans came out of the woodwork last year towards the finals. Half probably haven't been to a game since 2001 or the 80's and yet are they counted?

1) Canterbury Bankstown
2) South Sydney
3) St George Illawarra (2 teams worth of traditional supporters)
4) Wests Tigers (2 teams worth of traditional supporters)
5) Parramatta
6) Cronulla (ignore last years results they were about 6th in members numbers for this list last year and usually have higher home averages than 7-9 in good years) tracking towards 7000 for this year by all reports.
7) Manly
8) Roosters
9) Penrith

LRC

Its amazing where everyone rates the roosters..they have eben pretty consistant with all teams for the last decade depending on wher ethey are coming on the table they are no different than any other team..actually probbaly better than a lot.

This is for home and away games.. they consistantly pull big crowds to penrith and campbletown etc over the years .

Like most old traditonal teams their supporters are spread far and wide...

In fact didnt they out do parra this year inspite of the season they had?

Goddo

Bench
1) Bulldogs
2) Tigers
3) Rabbitohs
4) Dragons
5) Eels
6) Sea Eagles
7) Panthers
8) Roosters
9) Sharks

Spot on.

Ding Ding, we have a winner!
This is the order

LOL at all the fools talking up their own clubs.

Its amazing where everyone rates the roosters..they have eben pretty consistant with all teams for the last decade depending on wher ethey are coming on the table they are no different than any other team..actually probbaly better than a lot.

This is for home and away games.. they consistantly pull big crowds to penrith and campbletown etc over the years .

Like most old traditonal teams their supporters are spread far and wide...

In fact didnt they out do parra this year inspite of the season they had?

They must equate fans with juniors I think. After Souths and Saints, we have fans all over the place as you mentioned.