What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rape allegation

Balmain_Boy

[furrycat] said:
:roll:

Go back up a few posts and maybe read what I said about the media.

Until then, enjoy the off season. Because I have nothing to say to someone who selectively argues

YOU are trusting the media just as much as I am. So I don't know where you get off accusing me of naivity.

When NSW police put their press release up, I'll be sure to paste it in here for you.

[furrycat]

Coach
I didn't say I trust the media :p I learnt that lesson after the Bulldogs saga :p
Clearly, it is one you need to learn.

Run away little man? :lol: Keyboard hero I see. Some of us have more important things to do rather than argue with someone who resorts to making up lies.

ibeme

First Grade
Furry, I think you've come in and gone off half-cocked here. You're starting to look like a bit of a goose. Just let it go mate.

Balmain_Boy

[furrycat] said:
I didn't say I trust the media :p I learnt that lesson after the Bulldogs saga :p

You are trusting an NBN news reports over a report that QUOTES the police report. Both may be wrong, but the text surely has more credibility.

You've started off with an assumption that I wanted the Tigers' to be exonerated even if they were guilty and have tried to shoot down everything I've said since - even when it has become quite clear that was not my feelings on the matter.

I seriously don't get what your issue is.

[furrycat]

Coach
Please find where I said you wanted the Tigers to be cleared even if they did it.

I'm sorry but I just don't remember saying it.

Nook

Bench
For those talking about the drugs/consent issue a few pages back

IIRC the mental component of sexual assualt is 'intention' - to be guilty you've got to know that the person involved is not consenting or be reckless as to the question of whether or not they are consenting.

If you have sex with a woman who is too drunk/too drugged to consent then (assuming this and the act itself can be proved, which is difficult) you are gone.

Nook

Bench
You've been making an arse of yourself since the second page, Furrycat. Give it a rest.

Balmain_Boy

[furrycat] said:
Please find where I said you wanted the Tigers to be cleared even if they did it.

I'm sorry but I just don't remember saying it.

Check your first post.

Personally i dont give a f**k if Rugby league or the tigers suffers a black eye. If it happened, then maybe they will all wake up to themselves.

Suggests that I don't feel the same way, which simply isn't true.

innsaneink

Referee
mattyg said:
no ink, seriously im not that sad to wish that kind of stuff on you guys.

i been through it all before and i hope to god that it doesn't happen again, but i don't see why RainMan is saying its a media blowout or whatnot, when nobody said that when our incident happened. In fact, the only people who were whinging about the media then were us Bulldogs fans.

I know how it feels and i'm on your side. three quarters of the newspaper articles tomorrow will be totally sensationalised and outrageous. Maybe it will be time then for another NRL supporter group to boycott the telegraph

OK....good to hear.

I know what you mean about the media, I heard the idiot thats on after talkin sport, he makes Fred Nile look like Axl Rose. ...dickhead talking like the players were guilty and had done something.

ibeme

First Grade
the bondi spy said:
"Alleged". The only word that helps Dogs fans sleep at night....

The DPP's reports stating that, given the timeline and independant witness statements, players confirmed whereabouts, and medical evidence, a rape could not have occurred is what helps me to sleep at night.

Best you look beyond the headlines and do some research into the investigation before making a dick of yourself in future.

[furrycat] said:
I think some people need to learn how to read before making assumptions that make no sense :eek:

Its called reading slower
And I do know how to read and I read things carefully before I comment. I didn’t make assumptions, I replied to what you said and what you said was badly worded. Fact is you made a silly comment before you thought about it, and making silly little snide remarks about me won’t make you a hero ….

Balmain_Boy

ibeme said:
The DPP's reports stating that, given the timeline and independant witness statements, players confirmed whereabouts, and medical evidence, a rape could not have occurred is what helps me to sleep at night.

Best you look beyond the headlines and do some research into the investigation before making a dick of yourself in future.

Apparently police statements can't be trusted. What did NBN news ay about it? ;-)

[furrycat]

Coach

You're just a barrell of laughs and bullsh*t.

Never said police cannot be trusted- but hey, don't let the truth get in the way of your wankfest.

End of discussion.

Balmain_Boy

[furrycat] said:

You're just a barrell of laughs and bullsh*t.

Never said police cannot be trusted- but hey, don't let the truth get in the way of your wankfest.

End of discussion.

No, you said media couldn't be trusted. I agree.

However, I think an article that QUOTES (you know, these ones "") a police report can be trusted over a news bulletin which did not.

You clearly had a dig at me without reading the article I was sourcing properly. First you claimed that may was the same as alleged. When you realised that it was the alleged victim HERSELF that said may, you changed your tune to not being able to trust the media.

If you didn't read it properly, fine, fair enough and no worries. But at least have the good grace to drop it and admit you were wrong to have a go at me.

mattyg

Bench
innsaneink said:
OK....good to hear.

I know what you mean about the media, I heard the idiot thats on after talkin sport, he makes Fred Nile look like Axl Rose. ...dickhead talking like the players were guilty and had done something.

I would like to know why the f**k all the information gets to Ray Hadley. I'm sick of him getting stuck into clubs for his own ratings.

In fact the only reason i found out about the whole allegation was because i was flicking my car stereo through the channels and i somehow managed to hear at about 3.55pm one of the 2gb hosts say an NRL club was involved in a sexual assault and the club would be named in the news at 4pm. So i left it on to listen to the news, and then when i finally get out of uni theres some other idiot giving Steve Noyce a hard time.

Steve Noyce made it quite clear that the alleged incident happened on Monday morning. Whoever the host was (i think it was Philip Clark) kept going on about whether the club will ban mad monday celebrations, even though it was clear that the incident happened in the early hours of the morning.

We all know at this stage its just an allegation (at least the people who haven't just caught the end of a sensationalised bullsh*t article/story), so i guess we will just have to wait and see what comes out of it. In saying that, expect to cop sh*t straight away from workmates, friends etc.

Latest posts