What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rape allegation

Taken from

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/league-mad-monday-sex-assault-claim/2006/09/06/1157222181971.html

League 'Mad Monday' sex assault claim
Email Print Normal font Large font Jano Gibson and Jessica Halloran
September 6, 2006 - 4:41PM

We have been made aware of an allegation that a woman may have been sexually assaulted early Monday morning at a place where both Wests Tigers players and others were presentAdvertisement
AdvertisementA Sydney NRL club's end-of-season "Mad Monday" celebrations have ended in an alleged sexual assault, it was reported this afternoon.

Up to four Wests Tigers players are alleged to be involved in a sexual assault after Mad Monday celebrations.

Two women are believed to have made complaints against the players. There are reports that a cheerleader may have been involved.

The alleged assault is said to have taken place at an apartment in Five Dock.

Ray Hadley went to air on 2GB at 4pm and said that "date rape'' drug may have been used in the sexual assault.

"Reports are that a date rape drug may have been involved,'' Hadley said. "She made a statement yesterday morning to the Parramatta police.''

A police spokeswoman would not confirm a rugby league player - or players - were involved in the alleged incident.

However, she did say: "There's an investigation into an alleged sexual assault at Five Dock and a report was made on Monday by a 26-year-old female to Parramatta police that she has alleged that she may have been sexually assaulted at a unit in Five Dock."

The spokeswoman said the Child Protection and Sex Crime squads as well as Burwood detectives were investigating the matter.

Wests Tigers, the reigning premiers, finished their season in 11th spot.

Wests Tigers Chief Executive Steve Noyce today issued the following statement.

"We have been made aware of an allegation that a woman may have been sexually assaulted early Monday morning at a place where both Wests Tigers players and others were present.

"We are not aware at this stage of any specific allegation against a Wests Tigers player and the Club is very keen to work with the police to establish what may or may not have taken place.''

At the club this afternoon Mr Noyce said he had been contacted by police about the incident yesterday afternoon.

He did not know whether it involved a cheerleader but he said the unit where the incident allegedly happened in was rented by a Wests Tigers player.

He said Wests Tigers and others were at the unit when the alleged incident took place.

But he added that no Wests Tigers had yet been interviewed by police.

"I spoke to the players this morning at training just to make them aware that I had heard some rumours, if that's the right word, and just to say that the club would work through the process and that to make sure that they kept in touch with me and come to talk to me if they had any issues," he said.

"At this stage I don't know from police who they are suggesting may or may not have been involved."

When asked if the woman was associated with the club, he said: "I don't know any details about the woman to be honest."

He said he did not know if the woman was an NRL cheerleader.

borat

Bench
El Diablo said:
so if you hit on a chick and someone had spiked her drink then you can get ito sh*t?

doesn't make sense to me

If they are wide awake in the land of the living maybe but if your carrying her out the door then thats another story.

borat

Bench
Surely said:
It is I just don't want to remember what saabs arse looks like ;)

keep in mind el diablo said you may not remember anything but can still swallow. Don't go there.

El Diablo

Post Whore
JW said:
Here we go, lead story on Ten news and Seven Arvo news.

Even if it's all BS, the mud has been thrown and shall stick well.

Ten is an AFL channel. if nothing comes of it they probably won't mention it.

Red Bear

Referee
Hope this sint true but if it is hope that the players are dealt with, sacked jailed etc and not treated like a protected species.

FMD footy players (all codes) are an idiotic bunch

El Diablo

Post Whore
borat said:
keep in mind el diablo said you may not remember anything but can still swallow. Don't go there.

claustrophobics can also be given rohypnol if they need an MRI. they would be concious at the time too.

[furrycat]

Coach
El Diablo said:
so if you hit on a chick and someone had spiked her drink then you can get ito sh*t?

doesn't make sense to me

If she has had her drink spiked, passes out and you have sex with her; obviously :p Even though you didn't spike her drink, you can't exactly have sex with someone who is barely conscious because they are not in a state to consent.

Balmain_Boy

f**k, f**k, f**k.

Let's hope Tigers aren't involved but were merely there. Doesn't sound good though. Let's hope if Tigers WERE truely involved that they get strung up by their balls.

El Diablo

Post Whore
[furrycat] said:
If she has had her drink spiked, passes out and you have sex with her; obviously :p Even though you didn't spike her drink, you can't exactly have sex with someone who is barely conscious because they are not in a state to consent.

but not all drugs render you unconcious

mickdo

Coach
El Diablo said:
Ten is an AFL channel. if nothing comes of it they probably won't mention it.
Rubbish they won't. Any chance they get they will report a bad news story about RL.

gregstar

Referee
more bad news!!!!

"in further bad news for rugby league this afternoon, a man was seen gouging at his own backside, whilst holding what appears to be a glass of water at an inner-city cafeteria.

it is understood that the man was approached & offered assistance by a female who currently is an employee of the nrl. the lady whose name cannot be released, works as a casual janitor at stadium australia.

conjecture surrounds what his request was, but it would appear that the man in question, known as gregtsar, of no fixed abode, was reported as saying "i'd like to f*cking rape her!" according to a miss r wilson who was seated at a nearby table dining with a mr r hadley.

however after further inquiries, police have cleared gregstar after it had become apparent that he was suffering a hemorroid attack and had exclaimed "i'd like a f*cking scraper!" "

Pantherjim.

Referee
Even if the allegations are proven correct, anyone who thinks this is soley a "Wests Tigers" problem is kidding themselves.... It's bad for the game end of story! The FFA, AFL and Yawnion will be looking at this the same way a starving cat would be looking at a piece of meat.

We should all have solidarity on this issue and support each other no matter what club you support. If there turns out to be substance to these allegations, anyone who verbally abuses a Tigers supporter in public for what these animals have done is, in my opinion a f*ckwit of the highest order.

We shouldn't be turning on each other. Let's just let the N.S.W. Police and The Wests Tigers Board complete their investigation. If there is truth behind the allegations we should all support whatever criminal charges are laid by the Police and whatever disciplinary measures the Wests Tigers board takes. Preferably without bickering amongst one another and looking like idiots in the process.

hrundi99

First Grade
Pantherjim. said:
Even if the allegations are proven correct, anyone who thinks this is soley a "Wests Tigers" problem is kidding themselves.... It's bad for the game end of story! The FFA, AFL and Yawnion will be looking at this the same way a starving cat would be looking at a piece of meat.

We should all have solidarity on this issue and support each other no matter what club you support. If there turns out to be substance to these allegations, anyone who verbally abuses a Tigers supporter in public for what these animals have done is, in my opinion a f*ckwit of the highest order.

We shouldn't be turning on each other. Let's just let the N.S.W. Police and The Wests Tigers Board complete their investigation. If there is truth behind the allegations we should all support whatever criminal charges are laid by the Police and whatever disciplinary measures the Wests Tigers board takes. Preferably without bickering amongst one another and looking like idiots in the process.

:clap: