What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rare insight into Noddys on field leadership, courtesy of FOX mics.

Inferno

Coach
cheese said:
So is there only one kind of entertaining footy is there?! larf

I've stated what I find entertaining ...what do you guys find entertaining.

.,......protecting the lead with 15 to go?

There are many types of entertaining foory. You were the one who said to you entertaining footy was backing your attack and putting a side to the sword.

Personally I agree with you regarding entertaining footy, but to be honest with 15mins to go with the game on a knife edge I would prefer we go the percentage plays and try and hold onto the win, then put ourselves under enormous pressure with a silly mistake. Lets face it, with the personnel we currently have, we can't afford to try and play a flashy style, especially when half our games are played in dewey conditions at night.

It might not be enteraining, but with our playing roster I think we are more likely to come away with the 2 points, and in this competition you need every win you can get.

Inferno

Coach
cheese said:
Inf, it's got nothing to do with dykes being poor and everything to do with kimmorley being the most monotonous merkin i've ever seen on a footy field.

Fair enough comment, but I saw Kimmorley play a totally different style last night. Sticks mentioned that we were walking on our attack and also that the conditions were more condusive to attacking footy.

Do you think that perhaps Noddy is only playing to instructions? If not, Sticks needs to find a better option, or shouldn't the blame fall on his shoulders?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Inferno said:
It might not be enteraining, but with our playing roster I think we are more likely to come away with the 2 points, and in this competition you need every win you can get.

So you are proven wrong aren't you . There is definitely something wrong with

A. the roster
B. The game plan
C. both A & B

For the record inferno, C is the correct answer.
Holding on with 15 to go, is f*cken diabolical & it gives further weight to rumours of players jumping out of their skin on news E1 would be leaving.

cheese

Bench
I don't really buy that our roster is weak

The salary cap has weakened all the competition to the point where on paper, we have a top 4 squad.

We have the best backrow in the comp
We've got great frontrowers
We've got some great backs in Pom, Cov, Kearney(when fit)
We've got great impact off the bench with degois

AND

We've supposedly got the best half in NSW ........

Andrew Johns spanked teams on a weekly basis with a squad weaker than ours.

Scott Price and co spank teams with great enetertaining footy with squads totally comparable.

With the squad we have ...and the supposed strength of our halfback ...We should be killing it.

Johnsy used to kill it with carmont ffs ....

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I didnt say our squad was weak Cheese.
I said there was a problem with our roster, & there is.
Fix our roster, fix our attack & we get a whole lot closer to a premiership.

We all know what the weakness is. He is the one that is grauduall being removed from all duties.

newman

First Grade
I totally agree Cheezel and thats why Im so frustrated with the past two losses. It doesnt need to be said but If we win those games, we can be setting up for a top 4 finish, now we have to 'recalibrate' and our focus will be about staying in the 8.

cheese

Bench
Yep, I knew what you were getting at reef...... posted that badboy before your post even came up

Inferno

Coach
blacktip-reefy said:
So you are proven wrong aren't you . There is definitely something wrong with

A. the roster
B. The game plan
C. both A & B

For the record inferno, C is the correct answer.
Holding on with 15 to go, is f*cken diabolical & it gives further weight to rumours of players jumping out of their skin on news E1 would be leaving.

Well who comes up with the game plans Reefy? I suppose it could be argued, that was Sticky's only real option given we don't have an outstanding halfback, but then that comes back to why is Sticky interested in re-signing him?

Cheese said:
I don't really buy that our roster is weak

The salary cap has weakened all the competition to the point where on paper, we have a top 4 squad.

We have the best backrow in the comp
We've got great frontrowers
We've got some great backs in Pom, Cov, Kearney(when fit)
We've got great impact off the bench with degois

AND

We've supposedly got the best half in NSW ........

Andrew Johns spanked teams on a weekly basis with a squad weaker than ours.

Scott Price and co spank teams with great enetertaining footy with squads totally comparable.

With the squad we have ...and the supposed strength of our halfback ...We should be killing it.

Johnsy used to kill it with carmont ffs ....

Johns was also one of the greatest players of all time. Kimmorley is not in that league.

We have one of the best forward packs in the competition. No arguement there. It is out backs and halves where we struggle. The Pom is good, but still learning his trade. The Cov is an outstanding winger, but his pace can let him down.

I still think we are struggling with our bench to be honest. De Gois has been great, but apart from him we our bench struggles to make any real impact.

Kimmorley is not the best half in NSW, he is past his best, and can become robotic, but I don't think he is the only thing holding our team back. Anderson has been very average at centre this year and I have lost count of the amount of tries he has bombed. The fact Noddy has had at most, 3 consecutive games with any of the 5/8 can't be helping either.

cheese

Bench
Inferno said:
Johns was also one of the greatest players of all time. Kimmorley is not in that league.
Absolutely.

[pizzin]But he shouldn't be that far behind???[/pizzin]. For the majority of the johns ear, kimmorley was "2nd best"

What I'm getting at is it just perpetuates what a myth that "2nd best" tag was

The "2nd best" of other era's like the mortimers, and the stuarts could still tear a team a new one.

Kimmorley can't.

His maket perception has been inflated enormously by the love an ex influencial Australian coach

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Inferno said:
Kimmorley is not the best half in NSW, he is past his best, and can become robotic, but I don't think he is the only thing holding our team back.

Re-read god theory.

We will never know because until we play consistantly without him, our players cannot develop.

Do you remember what Sticky said at the start of the year?
the sharks played worse when E1 came back into the team overthe last few years.. he asked himself why. He didn't know what it was, but the results spoke volumes. he was going to work on why that happened.
Well the work has been put in, the team is playing well & we look much stronger in the eyes of all commentators. Again, surrounding players are wearing the brunt of his ineptitude & lack of skill.

But we are still losing games & e1 is at 5/11

Ricky Stuart "The wins & the losses can be directly attributed to the guy wearing the number 7 jumper"

Why is he offering him a contract?

I don't f*cken know & I believe he is at his his witts end in solving the problem of half back at the Sharks.

Surely

Post Whore
Last nights game was very entertaining, seesaw scoreline, went down to the wire, edge of the seat stuff.

spider

Coach
blacktip-reefy said:
Ricky Stuart "The wins & the losses can be directly attributed to the guy wearing the number 7 jumper"
that was not his direct quote

it was more along the lines of the halves shouldering the majority of results

Why is he offering him a contract?
because is the preferred option

Surely

Post Whore
spider said:
what is that?

My stepfather says stuff like that, when he is off his medication, the only person that knows what it means is the person that says it.

carcharias

Immortal
bwhahahahahaaha

how was your weekend gentlemen?

I watched a bloke called scott Prince do more good things in the first half of a footy game yesterday than Noddy has done in 2 years.

****on saturday Nights game****
Sad part was IMO noddy played his best game for us in yonks and Thurston was asleep for 63 minutes of it ....
Yet he still out played noddy when it mattered.

Surely

Post Whore
I think it goes without saying Carch that even the most diehard noddy fan on here would prefer prince or thurston, but we can't get them can we.

I'd also rather have slater than kearney, but that aint going happen either.

millersnose

Post Whore
newman said:
In the huddle just after we went ahead by 8.

"Boys. Boys! (Nobodys listening) BOYS!! Thats good. We got em. All we need to do now is ruck it out of our own end and weve got em. Just ruck it out!"

How he could implement this strategy against Thurston and Bowen with 15 to go is anathemic to me. He issued the order to shut up shop. We should have been staying on the attack. Watch the body language of the players change as they try to hold the lead, and Bird drops the ball on the 3rd.

that was the instruction he received from sticky via jim dymock you dope

and in any case it was the right thing to do

he didnt say 'relax and droip off tackles'
Damning evidence that his leadership is costing us these games.

i am sure glad you arent a judge

I was also thinking that we should have set up for a FG when up by 4.

lol

a field goal when you are up by 4

you really are a genius