What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rare insight into Noddys on field leadership, courtesy of FOX mics.

newman

First Grade
In the huddle just after we went ahead by 8.

"Boys. Boys! (Nobodys listening) BOYS!! Thats good. We got em. All we need to do now is ruck it out of our own end and weve got em. Just ruck it out!"

How he could implement this strategy against Thurston and Bowen with 15 to go is anathemic to me. He issued the order to shut up shop. We should have been staying on the attack. Watch the body language of the players change as they try to hold the lead, and Bird drops the ball on the 3rd.

Damning evidence that his leadership is costing us these games.

I was also thinking that we should have set up for a FG when up by 4. In fact, when we turned it over, he order Stapo to run at the posts and then kicked wide, which nobody was expecting.

Stonecutter

First Grade
We have no-one to kick field goals... If noddy kicks them there is an 70% chance it'll get charged down, 10% chance he'll miss either to the left or right, and 20% chance he won't even reach the posts.

spider

Coach
i guess noddy should have told them not to let tries in as well as ruck it out

his leadership as well has now cost us the game

i really get a laugh out of these silly comments

another funny attempt at blaming the captain becuase we lost - lol

shame anderson let so many opportunities in and go in the first half alone - we would not have been in that position at all????

elmosharky

Juniors
Newman I think you need to get your ears checked!

"All we need to do now is ruck it out of our own end and weve got em. Just ruck it out!" not what he said!

He was talking about getting it right! ( not dropping the ball etc! )

And he was right! We kept dropping to much ball!

Pull your head in and stop turning to Brett to start a Post!

Oh yea well Said Spider!

newman

First Grade
his leadership as well has now cost us the game

When was the last time his leadership won us a tight game? When was the last time he stood up and got us over the line singlehandedly?

spider

Coach
why does it have to be a tight game?

and when we lose a tight game - why is it his fault for not holding onto the lead we already have?

the sword is double edged newman

dazzle me here for a moment, going off your first post in this thread, do you think it was his fault we lost last night?

newman

First Grade
Its not solely his fault.

But as captain, halfback and self appointed best player in the world he needs to take some level of responsibility.And that level of responsibility needs to be high.

As half, captain and self appointed best player in the world his input in close games deserves more scrutiny. The great players and leaders seem to be able to pull their team over the line by the scruff of the neck. I cant remember him doing that since he scored off a goal line chip against Canberra 2 YEARS AGO. In fact, I cringe when he gets the ball at the back end of a close game.

spider

Coach
newman said:
Its not solely his fault.
but you said this only a few posts ago...

newman said:
Damning evidence that his leadership is costing us these games.

But as captain, halfback and self appointed best player in the world he needs to take some level of responsibility.And that level of responsibility needs to be high.
and he did - he was telling the guys to keep a cool head and prioritise ball security/completions

As half, captain and self appointed best player in the world
FTR - ricky picks him as captain, ricky picks him at halfback - so they are not really self appointed now newman

as for self appointed best player in the world - im sure he says that allllllll the tiiimmeee

his input in close games deserves more scrutiny. The great players and leaders seem to be able to pull their team over the line by the scruff of the neck. I cant remember him doing that since he scored off a goal line chip against Canberra 2 YEARS AGO. In fact, I cringe when he gets the ball at the back end of a close game.
did he rally the team last night and offer advice as captain?

did he drop the ball - did he miss teh kick to the fullback?

did he miss the tackle on tronc/smith who then kicks?

so i argue that its not leadership that costs us as you point out - maybe execution could be a problem - from the team as a whole???

EDIT:

spider

Coach
i have edited my posts for the obvious reasons newman - as you may wish to do the same in reference to your hindsight quote

newman

First Grade
So Spide.

Let me get this right, correct me if you will. You do not believe that as highest paid player at the club, captain, halfback and most experienced campaigner holds any responsibility when the team loses, despite team performance?

Cause if you believe that, there is no point arguing with you, we are so diometrically opposed.

newman

First Grade
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have edited my posts for the obvious reasons newman - as you may wish to do the same in reference to your hindsight quote

Cheers, but you havent edited anything.

spider

Coach
hang on newman - you have gone from this....
Damning evidence that his leadership is costing us these games
to this....
newman said:
You do not believe that as highest paid player at the club, captain, halfback and most experienced campaigner holds any responsibility when the team loses, despite team performance?
of course he is not exempt from some responsibilty

i only argued your original post that his "leadership was costiong us the tight games"

spider

Coach
newman said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers, but you havent edited anything.
yes i have - i have removed the person you said you spoke to and his name that i quoted from your post

Sharkie™

Juniors
YAWN...same sh*t different day, this constant bashing of players is becoming so petty if u can do better get on the field and show us ur skills otherwise STFU. u arent CEO or coach or even close to a position of power within the club u cant change sh*t, just support the team. FFS :roll:

Or you could just not read the forum?

But I admire your toughness... you are posting... under an alias...

on an interweb forum.

Congratulations.

cheese

Bench
haha greg

Nice pick-up newman. Poor captaincy, from the worst tight game halfback in the comp.

The cue is rarely in the rack with 15 to go, especially against a team like the cows.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
spider said:
yes i have - i have removed the person you said you spoke to and his name that i quoted from your post

Not really spide. You can't edit other people's quotes. I still see this

actually - can i ask where it was that you had this chat to greg?

Latest posts