What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rate Gareth Widdop

V

Vasilevsky

ALL RED V FANS THE NUMBER 1 RULE IN ANY TEAM DONT BAG YOUR CAPTAIN. REMEMBER ITS HIS FIRST YEAR AS A LEADER OF THE MOST FAMOUS CLUB IN NRL.GIVE HIM TIME HE GIVES 100% EACH WEEK WE NEED A QUALITY NO 7 AND WE WILL SEE MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT.

yeah right. Lets denounce every other player in the team instead. That is the mark of a "true supporter".
Widdop is the worst Dragons captain ever, the worst player in the current squad (including McCrone who at least doesn't literally jump out of the way of enemy runners) and who has ensured will be a basket case of a club until he is gone.

I have no idea how this plodder gained the position he holds among Dragons supporters. I guess it's s a result of the inferiority complex a lot of Dragons supporters suffer from vis-a-vis clubs like Melbourne. I however don't suffer from that or any other inferiority complex so I will continue to denounce that plodder until he is gone! I'm sure he won't get better as in being "good" because in 3 years he has only gotten worse. Not 3 weeks but 3 f**king years!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

dannyt

Coach
I rate Widdop very high in several key areas:

Ability to run sideways: 10/10
Ability to telegraph moves to the opposition: 10/10
Ability to kick goals from in front: 8/10
Punctuality for the coin-toss: 10/10

SBD82

Coach
yeah right. Lets denounce every other player in the team instead. That is the mark of a "true supporter".
Widdop is the worst Dragons captain ever, the worst player in the current squad (including McCrone who at least doesn't literally jump out of the way of enemy runners) and who has ensured will be a basket case of a club until he is gone.

I have no idea how this plodder gained the position he holds among Dragons supporters. I guess it's s a result of the inferiority complex a lot of Dragons supporters suffer from vis-a-vis clubs like Melbourne. I however don't suffer from that or any other inferiority complex so I will continue to denounce that plodder until he is gone! I'm sure he won't get better as in being "good" because in 3 years he has only gotten worse. Not 3 weeks but 3 f**king years!!!!

Is anyone else really glad that vas is finally back?

I for one welcome our new alien overlord.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Is anyone else really glad that vas is finally back?

I for one welcome our new alien overlord.

I'm relatively new to this forum but from what I have seen so far I certainly admire his willingness to relentlessly push the same point over and over and over. Browsing through this thread I get the impression he doesn't rate Gareth Widdop.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Totally agree with Vas here. Widdop is rubbish just like Blake Green will be next year. Cam Smith and Cronk made him look good and makes you realise how good those 2 are to make Widdop look good.

Mr Red

First Grade
Totally agree with Vas here. Widdop is rubbish just like Blake Green will be next year. Cam Smith and Cronk made him look good and makes you realise how good those 2 are to make Widdop look good.
Add Bellamy to that as well... Don't underestimate his ability, similar to Bennett in getting 8/10 performances from 6/10 players....
Man management champions.

Mary seems to be the alternate Bellamy, getting 6/10 performances from 8/10 players...

since77

Juniors

Neither Widdop or Green were rubbish at Melbourne - its too simplistic to say he had Smith, Cronk & Slater but its much more about the coach and the role he gives them in the team. Bellamy would welcome Widdop back with open arms AND have him playing great football again.

Personally I think Widdop needs a fresh start somewhere else - he needs to be de-McGregored.

Country Dragon

Juniors
Neither Widdop or Green were rubbish at Melbourne - its too simplistic to say he had Smith, Cronk & Slater but its much more about the coach and the role he gives them in the team. Bellamy would welcome Widdop back with open arms AND have him playing great football again.

Personally I think Widdop needs a fresh start somewhere else - he needs to be de-McGregored.
The whole organization needs to be de-McGregored!

V

Vasilevsky

As we all know, Widdop is never injured. How would someone who falls at the feet of enemy defenders as soon as they lay a hand on him on the rare occasion he runs or passes the ball at least 5 meters before the defensive line get injured? He got injured for one game last season during a training mishap (it's only speculation Benji and Rein colluded in causing it. Nothing can be proven.) and it was the best or one of the best attacking displays for the season.

So BrissyRedV and I hatched a plan. To kill two birds with one stone. We are going to drag "coast-dragon" stealthily down to a training session and throw him in front of Widdop, hopefully knocking him out and at least spraining Widdop's ankle.

So we can finally see what this team is capable of without Widdop in the middle f**king up the defence and attack and see what a friendly, non-confrontational forum this could be without "coast-dragon" posting nonsense every 5minutes.

getsmarty

Immortal
As we all know, Widdop is never injured. How would someone who falls at the feet of enemy defenders as soon as they lay a hand on him on the rare occasion he runs or passes the ball at least 5 meters before the defensive get injured? He got injured for one game last season during a training mishap (it's only speculation Benji and rein colluded in causing it. Nothing can be proven.) and it was the best or one of the best attacking displays for the season.

So BrissyRedV and I hatched a plan. To kill two birds with one stone. We are going to drag "coast-dragon" stealthily down to a training session and throw him in front of Widdop, hopefully knocking him out and at least spraining Widdop's ankle.

So we can finally see what this team is capable of without Widdop in the middle f**king up the defence and attack and see what a friendly, non-confrontational forum this could be without "coast-dragon" posting nonsense every 5minutes.

Give it a rest champ. By now everyone has heard your point of view. Time to let this go.

SBD82

Coach
Give it a rest champ. By now everyone has heard your point of view. Time to let this go.
I think I need 3 or 4 more diatribes before I fully understand vas' point.

At the moment it's unclear. I think vas is for Widdop, and against global warming.

V

Vasilevsky

I am not allowed to post on the thread I started? I don't want it to die until that plodder is gone from the club because looking back on it from the early part of the season is amusing. I'm over being upset about the current predicament. It's more like a black comedy these days. "Widdop is the teams best player", "Widdop is the best signing ever", "Widdop is a 10 out of 10." and etc etc. Or is it better to do as other homies do and start a new thread every day about how crap Marshall, Rein and others are? I agree they have been poor but I believe without the shackles of the worst player in the squad and by far the worst half in the competition, every player in the team would play better. It's just a question of how much better.

blacksafake

First Grade
I believe without the shackles of the worst player in the squad and by far the worst half in the competition, every player in the team would play better. It's just a question of how much better.[/QUOTE]
You do realise that Benji is the 1/2 not Widdop.
Anyway the problem lies strictly with the Mary & attacking structures.

V

Vasilevsky

I believe without the shackles of the worst player in the squad and by far the worst half in the competition, every player in the team would play better. It's just a question of how much better.
Anyway the problem lies strictly with the Mary & attacking structures.[/QUOTE]

"Halves" refers to halfback and 5/8. So if one is talking about he singular worst halfback or 5/8 in the competition, my grammar is sound.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Anyway the problem lies strictly with the Mary & attacking structures.

"Halves" refers to halfback and 5/8. So if one is talking about he singular worst halfback or 5/8 in the competition, my grammar is sound.[/QUOTE]
Your thinking might be sould by your mental state is not. You need help. You and your other ego ov or ruby

V

Vasilevsky

Your thinking might be sould by your mental state is not. You need help. You and your other ego ov or ruby

You mean to say I'm a mad genius? The only offence I take is the idea I must be a genius for seeing the fact that Gareth Widdop is an utter and complete dud before anyone else on this forum. Though I know a few others, "Slippery Morris" for example, have been critical for a long time. I'm surprised Objective View didn't see it sooner. Though I was wrong about Mary and he was wrong about Widdop. Lets call it a draw.

Anyway, it doesn't take a genius. Remember the first half year with the "marquee playmaker" Widdop? Why was the club so desperate to get Marshall on the books? Pick any single game over the past 3 years and keep in mind Widdop is a playmaker and keep in mind what a playmakers job is and you will see he is a complete dud even if you aren't so smart.

Old Timer

Coach
I declared early as a Widdop supporter and am happy to state his form overall this year has been very sub standard.
I also declared early that I am not a Benji fan and I believe his form has also been very sub standard even in my estimation which is already low.
So if one or the other is the problem and the other one is redeemable how to evaluate that?
Widdop is contracted and Benji is not so under what circumstance is Benji a value option and the answer is he has to play 5/8 or nothing.
On this scenario we still need a half and you would have to find a way to slot Widdop into another position or out the door and for a cash strapped club that is not a good option.
So the underlying problems remains that we have to get a half and therefore Benji is expendable first because that is the position he was purchased for and secondly he has no contract.
If Widdop continues to fail then off to the Cutters and strike a deal for him to go mid year 2017.
Then we have 2 brand new halves which is what most people think ultimately is what we need.