What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rate Gareth Widdop

RED73V

Juniors
I think this is enough for me. To go on will give me a headache. Gareth Widdop the best buy in the history of the JV.. God have mercy over this***********
Where have u been Vas ?? Call me a cynic but I don't recall u rating old man Bunji with the dodgy hamstring ?? Are u Bunji in disguise or Bunji's manager trying desperately to deflect any negative criticism ??? I know he wants another deal but come on , maybe u should get onto the rah rahs again . Wait they were the smart ones that figured out he is SHITE!!

RED73V

Juniors
yeah, well we have seen plenty of Widdop without Benji this season. He has really proven the 9 you gave him. Just............. the rating was supposed to be out of 10, not 100. Anyway, 9 out of 100 is a little generous ion my opinion but thanks for your opinion anyway.
Obviously Vas u were watching a different game & didn't notice Bunji's brain snaps & woe full mistakes . We made 9 errors in the game & Bunji only made 5 OF THEM . Ha ha u are kidding yourself !!

Divine

Bench
I'm curious how he'd go as a fullback. Would give him extra room to run and look dangerous.Looks stale and frankly munted at 5/8.

Bench
I would rate him a 5 for his performance this year, and with Benji as his halves partner has cost the team dearly this year, seeing Widdop at the after match interviews his body language to me says he and Mary have issues, Widdop and Mary are the main contributors to our terrible year

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Where have u been Vas ?? Call me a cynic but I don't recall u rating old man Bunji with the dodgy hamstring ?? Are u Bunji in disguise or Bunji's manager trying desperately to deflect any negative criticism ??? I know he wants another deal but come on , maybe u should get onto the rah rahs again . Wait they were the smart ones that figured out he is SHITE!!

Just to balance the lopsided Russian fool, he also stated on numerous occasions that Mann was a dud buy.
Mann has proven to be one of our best, so don't give old Vodka breath much credibility as his knowledge is extremely poor.
Treat him for the troll he is....I wonder which alt he is?

Da Doctor

Juniors
I am happy for discussion, but I for one, still rate him. He has been seriously stuffed by the structures put in place by our coach. Like many say on this forum about fringe players who are poor at one club but a champions at another... if he went back to the Storm, signed with the Broncos or any other club with quality coaching he would find his form again because they would coach to his strengths and not what Mary does and coaches them to adapt to his rigid structured style. Just my thoughts...

Just to balance the lopsided Russian fool, he also stated on numerous occasions that Mann was a dud buy.
Mann has proven to be one of our best, so don't give old Vodka breath much credibility as his knowledge is extremely poor.

Strawman.

Straight Shooter

V

Vasilevsky

Hmmm I'm actually an ethnic Scandinavian.

Mann has....... I wouldn't say proved me wrong yet but he has been good on the wing. You also distort what I actually said. I said Widdop and Lafai were duds and there is no way Mann should be in the centres before Aitken or fullback before Dugan.

Anyway, Mann has gone well but keep in mind a wingers job these days. Scoring tries and making good running meters from ones own half. He has gone well in the former but not even close to the top wingers insofar as the latter.

V

Vasilevsky

I would rate him a 5 for his performance this year, and with Benji as his halves partner has cost the team dearly this year, seeing Widdop at the after match interviews his body language to me says he and Mary have issues, Widdop and Mary are the main contributors to our terrible year

I would like to agree but can only delude myself into believing it. I would like to think McGregor gave him a rocket and said something to end of "You are getting paid to be a marquee playmaker. Start earning your f**king salary!"

V

Vasilevsky

Did anyone else notice approx 34:30 into the first half against the Broncos? Around the halfway line Benji took the ball to the line, attracted 2 defenders and passed to Widdop about 15 meters inside the touch line and at least 10 meters before the nearest backtracking defender. So he took 2 steps sideways and passed to the guy outside him...... FFS! This has been going on for 3 years!!!! Widdop has no ball skills! I haven't seen any indication he has better ball skills than Dugan. As a matter of fact, from what I have seen Dugan is much more adept and taking 2 steps sideways and passing the ball 10 meters in front of the opposition defence.

SBD82

Coach
Did anyone else notice approx 34:30 into the first half against the Broncos? Around the halfway line Benji took the ball to the line, attracted 2 defenders and passed to Widdop about 15 meters inside the touch line and at least 10 meters before the nearest backtracking defender. So he took 2 steps sideways and passed to the guy outside him...... FFS! This has been going on for 3 years!!!! Widdop has no ball skills! I haven't seen any indication he has better ball skills than Dugan. As a matter of fact, from what I have seen Dugan is much more adept and taking 2 steps sideways and passing the ball 10 meters in front of the opposition defence.
I missed you Vas.

Can we still be friends? I promise to never tell anyone about your relationship with your sister again.

Emu01

Juniors
I Think Widdop has definitely been affected by Benji being so erratic in attack..He is not sure what Benji will do next, and now his relationship with Mary is suffering because Mary keeps backing Benji..

So I believe one of them needs to be dropped.I say drop Benji and put Mann to 5/8. Widdop can run the show his way and Benji can retire.