What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rate the coach - week 1

saintzrule

Juniors
You have to give him an 8.
Team picked was what 90% of the fans wanted.
Team is very fit. We came home stronger than the Storm.
Attack was good can get beter with team chemistry. Scored 3 trys same as the Storm. Nice little play to to put Mann away.
Looks like the players want to play for him.
This, plus one:)

V

Vasilevsky

I agree. People need to relax. We lost to a team that hasn't lost 1st round in nearly a decade at their home ground who had 15 players on the Park. We did some good things and we did some bad but as the combinations develop we will start to see more good than bad.

With all due respect, that is absolute, complete and utter BS! I don't give a f**k if they have won first round 100 years in a row. We should have been expecting to win! Now I think but for a couple of mistakes and very obvious referring mistakes, we would have won so I'm holding fire in regard to Mary but that doesn't change the fact that this "close enough is good enough" mentality supercoach Price seems to have infected the club with isn't acceptable!

Memories came flooding back to the last time Duges was playing in the centers. He is not a right center and just because he wants to play there, doesn't mean Mary should put him there.

This compressed defense plan worked fine last year until opposition coaches got wise to it. To try and pull this off against the Storm was madness. Leaving 20 odd mtrs between Dugan and the sideline was just plain stupid. Nightingale should have been on the right wing.

It was Mann's first run at fullback and for me, he did not impress. Jittery under the high ball and no real mtrs gained in ball return tells me he is just another Quinlan.

Our kicking strategy was poor. Billy lapped it up and we kept feeding it right down his throat.

Our forward pack was good - Packer, Ah Mau and Cooper were great.

Mary got a 4 from me. He will not learn from this game because the same mistakes were made last year.

I?d like to see:
1. Duges
2. Milne
3. Aitken
4. Lafia
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Marshall
8. Ah Mau
9. Havili
10. Paker
11. Thompson
12. Frizell
13. Cooper

Spot on, possum.

I posted an identical team last night.

Straight Shooter

V

Vasilevsky

Spot on, possum.

I posted an identical team last night.

Straight Shooter

There are two possible solutions to the fullback problem. 2 guys playing on the wing where they are poor or not close to as good as they could be. Lots of people have been talking about Valentine Holmes but there is also Lolahea from the Warriors. An even better option in my opinion. And he has even less chance of taking over from RTS than Holmes has of ousting Bird or Barba.

BennyV

Referee
There are two possible solutions to the fullback problem. 2 guys playing on the wing where they are poor or not close to as good as they could be. Lots of people have been talking about Valentine Holmes but there is also Lolahea from the Warriors. An even better option in my opinion. And he has even less chance of taking over from RTS than Holmes has of ousting Bird or Barba.

Can't see Lolohea leaving Warriors. Hell end up at 6 with SJ at 7 once McFadden gets the arse.

V

Vasilevsky

Can't see Lolohea leaving Warriors. Hell end up at 6 with SJ at 7 once McFadden gets the arse.

Hmmmmm I had a peek at the Warriors forum as I couldn't understand why it wasn't the case already. Apparently he is not a good enough playmaker to play 5/8. Not saying I agree, only what they were saying. I think he is probably a better playmaker than Walker and Barrett himself when he was playing for the Dragons.

BennyV

Referee
Hmmmmm I had a peek at the Warriors forum as I couldn't understand why it wasn't the case already. Apparently he is not a good enough playmaker to play 5/8. Not saying I agree, only what they were saying. I think he is probably a better playmaker than Walker and Barrett himself when he was playing for the Dragons.

Well considering Shaun Johnsons influence as well as RTS and Luke, I'd say he just needs to be a good ball runner who can throw a pass. And that he is.

BLM01

First Grade
A Loss can not be any greater than 4 out of 10 normally. I'll give him 5 for being close to a draw and a win.

Old Timer

Coach
x2 but I think JDB deserves to be starting.

Is this not the team you picked for R2 on the other thread ?

Seems to be at odds with your statement above.

Re: Dragons Team Rd 2
DRAGONS

1 Kurt Mann

2 Euan Aitken

3 Josh Dugan

4 Timoteo Lafai

5 Jason Nightingale

6 Gareth Widdop

7 Benji Marshall

8 Leeson Ah Mau

9 Mitch Rein

10 Russell Packer

11 Tyson Frizell

12 Will Matthews

13 Michael Cooper

Interchange

14 Ben Creagh

15 Jack De Belin

16 Dunamis Lui

17 Siliva Havili

18 Peter Mata'utia

19 Jacob Marketo

Minh

First Grade
Is this not the team you picked for R2 on the other thread ?

Seems to be at odds with your statement above.

Re: Dragons Team Rd 2
DRAGONS

1 Kurt Mann

2 Euan Aitken

3 Josh Dugan

4 Timoteo Lafai

5 Jason Nightingale

6 Gareth Widdop

7 Benji Marshall

8 Leeson Ah Mau

9 Mitch Rein

10 Russell Packer

11 Tyson Frizell

12 Will Matthews

13 Michael Cooper

Interchange

14 Ben Creagh

15 Jack De Belin

16 Dunamis Lui

17 Siliva Havili

18 Peter Mata'utia

19 Jacob Marketo

OT, I think you'll find that, that team list is the official team list for our clash with the Sharks this week.

Old Timer

Coach
OT, I think you'll find that, that team list is the official team list for our clash with the Sharks this week.

You may well be true however good friend Vasil put his name to it so just keeping him accountable.

GC Dragon

Juniors
Mary didn't rate as well as the players in my opinion . His use of the interchange mainly Benny and Havili was very poor . Packer was outstanding and his quick play the balls gave us time and room every time he took the ball up . For me when Packer go's off Benny must be on. We need one of those two on the field at all times as they are the ones who drive the forward pack verbally .

goggles

Juniors
Based on his prior results, I wasn't a fan of Mary's signing to be honest. But credit where it's due...since he's taken over from supercoach the difference is night and day (but that's from such a low base, so admittedly it's not saying a lot)!
He started by getting the D in order which he had to do, but now we need some attack, which is still so shite...and I don't know whether he is capable of that or not...
In reference to the thread title: to mark him a fail when we nearly beat the cheats in Melbourne is pretty harsh???

Dragons1986

Juniors
First post here, been watching a while, Seems the only reason OV made this was because we lost, had we won on a good performance, He would not have made this post nor would he have given a good review.

TruSaint

Referee
First post here, been watching a while, Seems the only reason OV made this was because we lost, had we won on a good performance, He would not have made this post nor would he have given a good review.

welcome to the forum... good analysis to start with
soon, we will be rating the coach by halves :D

Latest posts