What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rate the coach - week 1

BLM01

First Grade
I think now that Mary has Demetriou for structuring attack I also think he needs a tactician to break opposite sides defence deficiencies down because clearly he does not possess attacking prowess and that has been proven by his time at the Cutters and assistant to Priceless and now 1st grade.

We saw what Cowboys did to Melb on their left side where Green, Mann & Koribete defended in that final last year. This year they had Munster in lieu of Mann in the same position who never has played centre at NRL level. Why was not this side targeted heavily with the ball in hand cause Koribete proves at times he is all at sea when having to number up or decide to go in..or stay out etc..we had to structure our plays to find them out.

There are plenty of coaches who are not good 1st grade man managers or can get the teams firing but are great Tacticians (e.g.. Smith, Henry, Elliott, Cleary etc) and I think that is what Mary needs to add to his support staff to take us to that top team level. It seems he can fire the team up, can man manage and is OK at defense.
But we need to show we know how target teams weaknesses and appear clueless on the field or have no attacking game plan suited to who we play.

I think now that Mary has Demetriou for structuring attack I also think he needs a tactician to break opposite sides defence deficiencies down because clearly he does not possess attacking prowess and that has been proven by his time at the Cutters and assistant to Priceless and now 1st grade.

We saw what Cowboys did to Melb on their left side where Green, Mann & Koribete defended in that final last year. This year they had Munster in lieu of Mann in the same position who never has played centre at NRL level. Why was not this side targeted heavily with the ball in hand cause Koribete proves at times he is all at sea when having to number up or decide to go in..or stay out etc..we had to structure our plays to find them out.

There are plenty of coaches who are not good 1st grade man managers or can get the teams firing but are great Tacticians (e.g.. Smith, Henry, Elliott, Cleary etc) and I think that is what Mary needs to add to his support staff to take us to that top team level. It seems he can fire the team up, can man manage and is OK at defense.
But we need to show we know how target teams weaknesses and appear clueless on the field or have no attacking game plan suited to who we play.

Forgive me for stating the obvious. Instead of propping up Mary with better credentialled assistants, why not simply replace Mary?

The head coach should be better than the assistants, don't you think?

Straight Shooter

SBD82

Coach
Forgive me for stating the obvious. Instead of propping up Mary with better credentialled assistants, why not simply replace Mary?

Straight Shooter

Not necessarily. A good manager puts the right people into the right roles.

If we were a struggling bush footy club you would be correct: where the coach would be in charge of attack and defence, as well as a host of other things. Fortunately, we are not a bush footy club (insert obvious point about us being run like one here).

Your views on Mary and Doust are fairly well known. In some ways I may agree with you, in others I may not. But you do yourself a disservice using arguments like this.

To put it into terms that may be easy for you to understand, imagine you were a lawyer at a prominent Sydney law firm. You are employing a secretary to do your filing because you are shit at it. You don't need to be better than your secretary at filing or typing, all you have to do is be wise enough to put the right person in the job, not the one with big tits.

BLM01

First Grade

Straight Shooter
No Not really, Look at the previous Grand Final winners

2015 - Green had Cartwright, Furner, (ex 1st grade), Demetriou and 1 other. Furner was the tactician and Demetriou attack + a great squad
2010 & 2014, teams won on boring forward rolling through the middle defence, kick chase and of course kicking game. Bennett also the master of man management and simple game plans
2013 - Robinson had England coach, Green, Taylor and 1-2 other assistants + great squad
2011 & 2012 Coaches speak for themselves and only 2 of them to go around and good squads. Manly's was great squad in 11

Look who Bennett had last year. Walters the tactician, Kearney forwards, Langer and Lockyer and 1 other. Great roster..still did not win it
QLD Maroons the same with Henry & Hagan Mal's recent game tacticians

Point is we have no tacticians. Hornby & Young are not, Millward was shafted as useless. All the great coaches and winning GF teams have them. Dragons not isolated in this matter

BrissyRedV

Bench

If we were a struggling bush footy club you would be correct: where the coach would be in charge of attack and defence, as well as a host of other things. Fortunately, we are not a bush footy club (insert obvious point about us being run like one here).

Your views on Mary and Doust are fairly well known. In some ways I may agree with you, in others I may not. But you do yourself a disservice using arguments like this.

To put it into terms that may be easy for you to understand, imagine you were a lawyer at a prominent Sydney law firm. You are employing a secretary to do your filing because you are shit at it. You don't need to be better than your secretary at filing or typing, all you have to do is be wise enough to put the right person in the job, not the one with big tits.

:lol: love the analogy.

V

Vasilevsky

In your opinion was Momcilo Dujic "a good manager"?

V

Vasilevsky

It means you are such an insignifimerkin that you are not welcome to engage in conversation when the humans are talking.

Now back to your hole bitch.

In your opinion is anyone who isn't loyal to Nazi ideals an "insignifimerkin" and inhuman?

SBD82

Coach
In your opinion is anyone who isn't loyal to Nazi ideals an "insignifimerkin" and inhuman?

You actually want to turn this thread into another one where I make you my bitch and you run away and cry?

Seriously? Again? Do you like having your arse handed to you that much?

V

Vasilevsky

You actually want to turn this thread into another one where I make you my bitch and you run away and cry?

Seriously? Again? Do you like having your arse handed to you that much?

Scary:crazy:

No, I just want to know that if I swear allegiance to Nazi ideals, I will stop being an inhuman "insignifimerkin"?

No need to be mean to poor little me:(. I only want to know so hopefully I can stop being an inhuman "insignifimerkin".

SBD82

Coach
Scary:crazy:

No, I just want to know that if I swear allegiance to Nazi ideals, I will stop being an inhuman "insignifimerkin"?

No need to be mean to poor little me:(. I only want to know so hopefully I can stop being an inhuman "insignifimerkin".

My my. You ARE brave today vas. The faux scared act? Awfully good. It's almost as clever as your faux ignorance schtick.

As much as I'm impressed that you've dusted yourself off and come back for a couple more rounds I'm afraid you'll have to do better. You can attempt to paint me as a nazi this time after your failed attempt at painting me as a Chetnik, but you won't have any more success (even though I probably look a lot more like an aryan than a Chetnik)

May I suggest trying a new tack? And do us all a favour? Let's go do this in the swamp? I'll see you there.

V

Vasilevsky

My my. You ARE brave today vas. The faux scared act? Awfully good. It's almost as clever as your faux ignorance schtick.

As much as I'm impressed that you've dusted yourself off and come back for a couple more rounds I'm afraid you'll have to do better. You can attempt to paint me as a nazi this time after your failed attempt at painting me as a Chetnik, but you won't have any more success (even though I probably look a lot more like an aryan than a Chetnik)

May I suggest trying a new tack? And do us all a favour? Let's go do this in the swamp? I'll see you there.

FFS are you serious???? No, I see it now. Of course. You fooled me for about 5 seconds. You are trying to pretend you are ignorant about Chetniks. For you to come up with a tactic that fools me for 5 seconds must have taken you weeks to devise:cool:.

Latest posts