What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rationalisation of Sydney

Stallion

First Grade
Why did you call me a ‘fool’? That was a quote by the way. Interesting that you think you can ‘move on’ anybody who disagrees with you. That really is childish. Your idea is flawed in my opinion. It will never happen. That’s my opinion and I’ll keep expressing it in opposition to your view. I’m not ‘moving on’. I’m still not sure you know what quotation marks are for by the way.

Because you are proving to be so! You chipped me on my punctuation and then could not detect a fundamental punctuation error. That's a fool. Especially when you are targeting someone specifically.

Vee

First Grade
Let's just work on 18 teams.Australian cities populations are growing .
According to flush face ,if V'Landys gets the Chairman's job, he will ensure suburban clubs are retained and Govt lobbied for monies to being them up to date.He is fully aware of the tribalism factor, and doesn't want it further eroded in Australia's city.Especially with other codes , eyeing areas off.
Also V'Landys wants to assist the bush, which has been neglected.
Link?

taipan

Referee
Today's Sunday Telegraph.form Buzz Sixpack Slothfield.
"V'Landys to save suburban footy.
Sydney NRL clubs and their grounds will be safe from ch9's push to slash teams if Racing NSW boss Peter V'landys becomes independent commission chairman.

V'Landys spoke last year about the importance of tradition and tribalism and will lobby the government to bring grounds such as Brookvale Oval,Leichhardt Oval and Shark Park yup to scratch."
Having families in Sydney attend suburban grounds is imperative to the future popularity pot the game" he said'That's what tribalism is about.I'm strongly of the belief that suburban grounds have an important role to play and should be upgraded for today's entertainment venue standards."
V'Landys is also passionate about bush footy and will increase support for struggling country clubs if elected.

Furthermore on Fox today Megan Barnard was interviewing Greenberg just before the start of the Tigers v Shark's game at Leichhardt with the big crowd in the background.He also stated these club grounds plus the new big stadiums being built are vital for the code.

The crowds at Leichhardt and Shark Park last weekend reinforced the argument that there suburban grounds on a Sunday afternoon are what many club fans want.You cannot ignore nearly 19,000 last weekend and nearly 20,000 today .Bearing in mind these crowds achieved whilst the grounds are not upgraded ATM.
So channel 9 can get well and truly knotted.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Let's just work on 18 teams.Australian cities populations are growing .
According to flush face ,if V'Landys gets the Chairman's job, he will ensure suburban clubs are retained and Govt lobbied for monies to being them up to date.He is fully aware of the tribalism factor, and doesn't want it further eroded in Australia's city.Especially with other codes , eyeing areas off.
Also V'Landys wants to assist the bush, which has been neglected.

What I find funny is Todd Greenberg was parachuted Into the ceo role because he was going to be “perfect” for the nrl. He had all the media and Sydney clubs on his side as well. There were big hopes for him. Since those days, the media and clubs have turned on him. I think it says more about them than it does him. Why.....? Because everyone has an agenda and if they don’t get what they want they will kick and scream. The ceos role is to look at what’s best for the game. Not any one club over another. In this game we have the uncanny ability to always blame someone else for our own issues.

Once Beattie goes, Greenberg goes maybe people will start realizing once vlandys gets on the nose that it’s actually everyone else (media/clubs.)

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Today's Sunday Telegraph.form Buzz Sixpack Slothfield.
"V'Landys to save suburban footy.
Sydney NRL clubs and their grounds will be safe from ch9's push to slash teams if Racing NSW boss Peter V'landys becomes independent commission chairman.

V'Landys spoke last year about the importance of tradition and tribalism and will lobby the government to bring grounds such as Brookvale Oval,Leichhardt Oval and Shark Park yup to scratch."
Having families in Sydney attend suburban grounds is imperative to the future popularity pot the game" he said'That's what tribalism is about.I'm strongly of the belief that suburban grounds have an important role to play and should be upgraded for today's entertainment venue standards."
V'Landys is also passionate about bush footy and will increase support for struggling country clubs if elected.

Furthermore on Fox today Megan Barnard was interviewing Greenberg just before the start of the Tigers v Shark's game at Leichhardt with the big crowd in the background.He also stated these club grounds plus the new big stadiums being built are vital for the code.

The crowds at Leichhardt and Shark Park last weekend reinforced the argument that there suburban grounds on a Sunday afternoon are what many club fans want.You cannot ignore nearly 19,000 last weekend and nearly 20,000 today .Bearing in mind these crowds achieved whilst the grounds are not upgraded ATM.
So channel 9 can get well and truly knotted.

Sounds like another politician.