What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rava being rubbed out

TruSaint

Referee
I agree but geez with this mob unless you play for Melbourne or Easts, it’s an absolute lottery.

Mate, I think the last few weeks the NRL has realised what a hole it has dug. As @Willow posted, now backtracking on "interpretation" and the so called "descriptors".

Finally our Club has decided to challenge this case. Like you, I would be pissed off if he didnt get off.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Honestly I'm starting not to like the game anymore I played this game at the highest level and to see what they are doing to the game is making me want to stop watching and remember it as it was ...... a tough game full of characters of the game ......
Trying to reduce concussion is ok by penalising those players who are headhunters as they used to say. Get the crap out of the game including knees to body and head and shoulders into jaws and head. The good old days with the clashes between Mark Carroll and Paul Harragon while great to watch from the lounge room are a thing of the past. Those guys were maniacs no self preservation considered. Watch them both KO'd in some clips but wanting to continue. This is exactly what the NRL are trying to stamp out where both players tried to maim the opponent with shoulder charges. This type of play including using shoulders to the head and swinging arms is what the NRL should concentrate on. Unfortunately accidental head clashes, lazily hanging an arm out connecting the neck and head are attracting the attention of refs and MRC and they are confusing these tackles with the real problem tackles.

Illusion

Bench
Trying to reduce concussion is ok by penalising those players who are headhunters as they used to say. Get the crap out of the game including knees to body and head and shoulders into jaws and head. The good old days with the clashes between Mark Carroll and Paul Harragon while great to watch from the lounge room are a thing of the past. Those guys were maniacs no self preservation considered. Watch them both KO'd in some clips but wanting to continue. This is exactly what the NRL are trying to stamp out where both players tried to maim the opponent with shoulder charges. This type of play including using shoulders to the head and swinging arms is what the NRL should concentrate on. Unfortunately accidental head clashes, lazily hanging an arm out connecting the neck and head are attracting the attention of refs and MRC and they are confusing these tackles with the real problem tackles.
There is a difference between a head high tackle and a good hard shoulder chest takle ..... some of the tackles on report nothing wrong if first contact is chest shoulders then slips up due to opposition twisting and falling when hit .....

TruSaint

Referee

The NRL may want to stamp out the Carrolls and Harragons, but they have no issue promoting the game using footage of the same. Add to that, using footage of all-in brawls.

No one wants to go back to the 70's and 80's or even the 90's, but they are now policing like its tag.

j0nesy

Bench
Sincerely hope that their response is not choreographed by the NRL .

As to Patten I just don’t know what happened to him , but some of his decisions over the years have left me perplexed to say the least .

And to think that he was once a Dragon . 🤔
He hates the club mate. He was treated badly in favour of Amos Roberts back in the day and has hated the Dragons ever since.

Dragon David

First Grade
He hates the club mate. He was treated badly in favour of Amos Roberts back in the day and has hated the Dragons ever since.
This is why there shouldn't be anyone on the MRC or Judiciary that has any bias towards any team. I know this might be carrying on a bit too far, but, just like in trials when people are charged for an offence, the panel of jurors are selected and in most cases there would not be prejudice or bias and even if there might be, the number selected overall are not and that helps to make a fair decision. Maybe the MRC and Judiciary should not have any former players on the panels. I don't know if Patten himself issued the charge on Rava though.

Just looking at the vision on Kayo which I have replayed over and over, to me the tackle was not a chargeable offence. What I could see is the left arm of Rava hitting Whiteheads right leg followed by the other arm on the left leg and body into Whiteheads mid section causing the ball to be dislodged and then Rava tackling Whitehead to the ground. Whitehead is lifted off the ground initially by Rava's tackle. Whether that description is construed as a careless shoulder charge, I am not the wiser.

getsmarty

Immortal
This is why there shouldn't be anyone on the MRC or Judiciary that has any bias towards any team. I know this might be carrying on a bit too far, but, just like in trials when people are charged for an offence, the panel of jurors are selected and in most cases there would not be prejudice or bias and even if there might be, the number selected overall are not and that helps to make a fair decision. Maybe the MRC and Judiciary should not have any former players on the panels. I don't know if Patten himself issued the charge on Rava though.

Just looking at the vision on Kayo which I have replayed over and over, to me the tackle was not a chargeable offence. What I could see is the left arm of Rava hitting Whiteheads right leg followed by the other arm on the left leg and body into Whiteheads mid section causing the ball to be dislodged and then Rava tackling Whitehead to the ground. Whitehead is lifted off the ground initially by Rava's tackle. Whether that description is construed as a careless shoulder charge, I am not the wiser.

Correct...Garlick ex Rooster player if I remember correctly...