What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ray Price

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:
mate, the strange thing is, Fitzgerald warned Walshaw not to have his name connected to the story for the basic reason that he wasn't there to cast the vote,

Perhaps a simple 'I'm wasn't there so I'm not willing to comment' should have sufficed then.

DK's been gone a week and old denis is getting in trouble already :lol:

Bigfella

Coach
Deos anyone really think Fitzy isn't enough of a politician to be able to stitch this up without leaving his fingerprints on it?

Stinks of Fitzgerald settling scores to me.

Whoever it was - it's an insult as far as I am concerned.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Hang on, Im a bit confused. Isnt there already a Cumberland Longue or is that the Leagues Club?

muznik

Juniors
Regardless of WHO’s decision it was its still an ATRIOCIUS decision !

Shows a total lack of respect for a guy who ultimately is one of the reasons the stadium was built in the first place! For the Parra football team.

Whats next Sterlo, Cronin or Thornetts' names to disappear in the name of corporate dollars?

I'm sitting here struggling to come up with reasons why it HAD to be changed.

Surely functions aren't won or lost if it is called the Ray Price Lounge...surely????

strider

Post Whore
hey - i don't think I'd want my wedding in Ray Price's lounge room ..... then again???

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Ray Price will always be a legend at Parramatta, Im disappointed theyve done this to Pricey.

_goParra

Juniors
What difference does changing the name make?
Be it "Ray Price Lounge" or Cumberland Lounge should not make any difference to who or the number of people hiring the venue.

strider

Post Whore
mmmmm - you'd think that if you are going to have your function at Parramatta Stadium then the links to footy are already staring you in the face (ie the grandstands and field), so having the room named after a footy player wouldn't be the deal breaker for you choosing to go there.

I dunno - seems whacky ..... but no matter how many rooms they un-name, Pricey will always be a guy parra fans love

Eelementary

Post Whore
I agree with what Pricey said earlier though:

"Why name something after me if you're just going to take it away again?"

I'm just spitballing here, but I assume he was extremely and proud to receive that honour, and they decided eventually to take it away.

Not a huge, massive deal in a way - but something that at least I feel shouldn't have happened at all.

Stagger eel

Staff member
_goParra said:
What difference does changing the name make?
Be it "Ray Price Lounge" or Cumberland Lounge should not make any difference to who or the number of people hiring the venue.

I'm also of the same opinion, but then again I don't sell function room space for a living...:?

oneguy

Juniors
Sorry guys, just not good enough.

Ray Price is a legend, who bled for the club. The treatment here is utterly disrespectful. It really smacks of pettiness. When checking out a venue for a function, the view, the logistics such as seating capacity, the fit and finish etc all come way ahead of what it's called.

We should be demanding that the Ray Price lounge be re-instated. Fancy honoring the man and then disrespecting him by changing it.

I heard Price on the radio this morning, he had no idea this was being done. He received the letter after it's been changed. He's gutted, and I'm outraged. The class of the man is that he is still a passionate Parra supporter, I'd be more inclined to tell them to shove it if it happened to me.

Why aren't the other sections of the stadium also changed?

Stagger eel

Staff member
oneguy said:
Why aren't the other sections of the stadium also changed?

it was a commercial reason as they're looking for the lounge to become a wedding reception as a form of extra revenue.

just remember that they did name a corporate suite after him, but that appears to have been over looked...

Captain BF

Juniors
Eela, thanks mate you answered my question before i got a chance to write it. I love Pricey and the earliest memories i ave of footy is him playing and watching the boys train at the stadium on a tuesday and thursday arvo.
My question was going to be if they have re-named the bar, have they re-named anything else after him? The asnwer is obviously yes. Do you know when that was done? Was it in the same time period as the re-naming of the bar?
To me (someone who has met Pricey a couple of times, but wouldn't describe myself as knowinghim well) A corporate suite doesn't really have a strong connection to Pricey, but a bar which has been named after him since what?, 86 is more closely related to his personallity.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Belly in Brisvegas said:
cmon eela.

mate, I just don't think it's as big a deal as alot of people but at the same time I've been very vocal at the clubs weak aknowledgement of it's history and past legends, we should be celebrating that part of our clubs history at every home game..

that, to me is a bigger issue.