What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ray Price

Parra Guru

Coach
That's right Pete, but from what I can gather, the club put up no resistance, which possibly could have swayed it.

And I'm not pinning this just on Fitzy. He's just the unlucky one who has to front the media about everything.

We've got a bunch of yes men there at the moment, and they've not done much to prove that they actually give a sh*t about the general culture of the place.

fish eel

Immortal
parra pete said:
I agree with PG about Ray Price..But It was not a football Club decision..It was a Stadium Trust decision.
Why is Fitzy the one to cop all the blame?

I wouldnt soley blame fitzy pete, and you are right, it as a stadium trust decision.

Problem for fitzy is that he sits on the stadium trust, doesn't he?

and he tried to justify the deicision in the tele, so he is open for criticism imo

Tank30

Juniors
Why don't the stadium turst just get on with business and rename the stands as well...Surely looking out of the Ray Pric...oops Cumberland Lounge and seeing the Brett Kenny Terrace is off putting for those wedding receptions. Perhaps the bridal terrace is more in line.. And the Peter Sterling terrace can be renamed, the Groom's retreat.

Even worse would be seeing the name Ken Thornett Stand....Surely no one would want to see that on their wedding day, I think this should be amended to a nice and simple"Viewing Platform"..

Come on, this decision stinks and the idiots who made it deserve uppercuts. I don't care if Fitzy was involved or not but anyone who voted should be sacked and possibly arrested for criminal stupidity.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
This situation reminds me of when Parra released Noel Cleal, they stated poxie tax but tbhy i think it was something else.......

Parra Guru

Coach
How about we rename the KT stand to: 'Level for well to do people to mingle & discuss politics on special occasions such as conferences and lavish weddings'

GizLoki

Juniors
Very disappointing.

OK, firstly, so I can accept that the Football club was not part of the decision (lets leave Fitzy to the side for a moment) - why aren't they now using the media to get behind Pricey and say how disgusted they are with this ?!? Shame Parra, Shame !

Secondly, OK, the Stadium Trust haven't removed his name from the place completely (nice try Telegraph) but another room has now been named after him. NOT GOOD ENOUGH - almost as big an insult as taking his name away all together. Pricey's name was good enough when it was named in the first place - but its not now ?!? I've just had a park named after me - but 20 years later they write me a letter to tell me they're naming it something else - but don't worry, its now on a park bench in the park !?!?! OK, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I can understand Pricey being insulted.

Thirdly, anyone who even considers getting married at Parramatta Stadium isn't going to give two hoots if it's named The Ray Price "something" or anything else for that matter. Dress it up however you want - but people always identify Parra Stadium with the Eels - to the point of there being a huge misconception that we own and administer the stadium ourselves. You choose Parra Stadium for your wedding, the names of Eels legends are going to be around you ! And someone else mentioned, if someone doesn't know who Ray Price is, firstly does that matter at all, and secondly, they're going to know what Cumberland refers to ? Shame, shame, shame !

Lastly, rhetorical question - why didn't Fitzy use his moment in the media when asked about this to respond the way he did, but include something like "and we at the Parramatta Eels are very dissapointed in this decision and I will use my position on the Stadium Trust board to make those sentiments very clear". As I said, it was rhetorical, we all KNOW why !

That's my rant - I'm so upset for the great man. My favourite all time Eel - "My Canterbury Hate" Hail the great man !!!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
GizLoki said:
Very disappointing.

OK, firstly, so I can accept that the Football club was not part of the decision (lets leave Fitzy to the side for a moment) - why aren't they now using the media to get behind Pricey and say how disgusted they are with this ?!? Shame Parra, Shame !

Secondly, OK, the Stadium Trust haven't removed his name from the place completely (nice try Telegraph) but another room has now been named after him. NOT GOOD ENOUGH - almost as big an insult as taking his name away all together. Pricey's name was good enough when it was named in the first place - but its not now ?!? I've just had a park named after me - but 20 years later they write me a letter to tell me they're naming it something else - but don't worry, its now on a park bench in the park !?!?! OK, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I can understand Pricey being insulted.

Thirdly, anyone who even considers getting married at Parramatta Stadium isn't going to give two hoots if it's named The Ray Price "something" or anything else for that matter. Dress it up however you want - but people always identify Parra Stadium with the Eels - to the point of there being a huge misconception that we own and administer the stadium ourselves. You choose Parra Stadium for your wedding, the names of Eels legends are going to be around you ! And someone else mentioned, if someone doesn't know who Ray Price is, firstly does that matter at all, and secondly, they're going to know what Cumberland refers to ? Shame, shame, shame !

Lastly, rhetorical question - why didn't Fitzy use his moment in the media when asked about this to respond the way he did, but include something like "and we at the Parramatta Eels are very dissapointed in this decision and I will use my position on the Stadium Trust board to make those sentiments very clear". As I said, it was rhetorical, we all KNOW why !

That's my rant - I'm so upset for the great man. My favourite all time Eel - "My Canterbury Hate" Hail the great man !!!

i love you!!:lol: :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
nice read GizLoki.....good post.

however unlike Ronny, I'm sober and I don't love you...no offense though. :lol:

Gronk

Staff member
GizLoki said:
In the real world GizLoki, what's said in the boardrooms of Companies (and in this case the P'matta Stadium Trust) - stays in the Boardroom. Fitzy's appointment as a member of the Trustee is by the Minister of Sport and I'm sure that having a representative there is strategically crucial to the Eels. You simply don't go running to the media anytime the cards don't fall in your favour as it may jeopardise your appointment long term.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Parra Guru said:
We've got a bunch of yes men there at the moment, and they've not done much to prove that they actually give a sh*t about the general culture of the place.
Bingo!!!! Overpaid hacks who care more about themselves and there mates over the welfare of our great club. Meanwhile the drought is 21 yrs and counting :?

Stagger eel

Staff member
hineyrulz said:
Bingo!!!! Overpaid hacks who care more about themselves and there mates over the welfare of our great club. Meanwhile the drought is 21 yrs and counting :?

apart from Fitzy you know that the other Parramatta representative is Alan Overton, a guy who's devoted more than 20 years on his own at the club and is currently our chairman.....hardly a yes man by any stretch.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
eelavation said:
apart from Fitzy you know that the other Parramatta representative is Alan Overton, a guy who's devoted more than 20 years on his own at the club and is currently our chairman.....hardly a yes man by any stretch.
I mean the repsonsible for the decision to rename the bar. A guy that has shed blood,sweat and tears for our great club gets kicked in the guts again. I'm sorry and the best they can come up with it was a decision by the Stadium Trust. Pricey deserved better. And us fans deserve better than what we have copped the last 20 odd yrs.

Stagger eel

Staff member
hineyrulz said:
I mean the repsonsible for the decision to rename the bar. A guy that has shed blood,sweat and tears for our great club gets kicked in the guts again. I'm sorry and the best they can come up with it was a decision by the Stadium Trust. Pricey deserved better. And us fans deserve better than what we have copped the last 20 odd yrs.

I take your point and i understand why you'd be sh*tty, but why would you blame the last 20 years on the stadium trust???

hineyrulz

Post Whore
eelavation said:
I take your point and i understand why you'd be sh*tty, but why would you blame the last 20 years on the stadium trust???
Not just the stadium trust,I mean this is just a continuation of more of the same. There was a thread on here a while back about club culture and are our team made of the right stuff. I think there is a problem from the board down.

EG - Past great's not being welcome at the club, this to me is a crying shame and should be rectfied ASAP. I'm sure the young guys coming through would love to rub shoulders with the likes of Price,Kenny,Crow and Sterlo.

As much as i hate to say it look at a club like the Bronc's, we could learn a thing or 2 about the way they do things.

I might just be ranting after a big night on the juice, but reading things like what happened to Pricey gives me the sh*ts. Being in Brissy and being so far away i could also be talking rubbish(which is not uncommon :) )

Stagger eel

Staff member
hineyrulz said:
Not just the stadium trust,I mean this is just a continuation of more of the same. There was a thread on here a while back about club culture and are our team made of the right stuff. I think there is a problem from the board down.

EG - Past great's not being welcome at the club, this to me is a crying shame and should be rectfied ASAP. I'm sure the young guys coming through would love to rub shoulders with the likes of Price,Kenny,Crow and Sterlo.

As much as i hate to say it look at a club like the Bronc's, we could learn a thing or 2 about the way they do things.

I might just be ranting after a big night on the juice, but reading things like what happened to Pricey gives me the sh*ts. Being in Brissy and being so far away i could also be talking rubbish(which is not uncommon :) )

to a point I agree with you, but Pricey still turns out to few games and you'll see O'Reilly, Hilditch, Ella, Laurie, Grothe Senior, Cronin and Wynn there just about every home game..

alot of them still turn up, they just need to be recognised better on match days.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
eelavation said:
to a point I agree with you, but Pricey still turns out to few games and you'll see O'Reilly, Hilditch, Ella, Laurie, Grothe Senior, Cronin and Wynn there just about every home game..

alot of them still turn up, they just need to be recognised better on match days.
Well thats good to hear, i still think the club could do more. You only have to read the thread in the NRL to see how respected Pricey was and is. Even Dave Q gave him a backhanded compliment. :crazy:

Stagger eel

Staff member
hineyrulz said:
Well thats good to hear, i still think the club could do more. You only have to read the thread in the NRL to see how respected Pricey was and is. Even Dave Q gave him a backhanded compliment. :crazy:

there is no doubt we can do things a little better in that area however plenty of ex players still go to games just because Kenny, Sterlo and Pricey have a problem with Fitzy it doesn't mean they don't love the club far from it..

Dave Q???....f**k him, he's nothing more than a "skidmark" on this forum.

Parra Guru

Coach
Did Guru come to the games when EGJ was playing for easts?

Wynn has a corporate box and isn't Hilditch on the board?

Parra Guru

Coach
GizLoki said:
Very disappointing.

:clap: :clap: :clap: