What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ray Price

Glenn

First Grade
Indeed Eela, no secret that management need a kick up the backside over the treatment of past players, and indeed legends of Parramatta but that is another matter.
On this there is still going to be some part of the Stadium named after him, slow news day.

Gronk

Staff member
Please don't lose sight that it was the Appointed Trustees of the Parramatta Stadium Trust that did this - a bunch of overpaid public servants.

IT WASN'T THE CLUB ! :crazy:

Hellsy

Immortal
And lets also not loose sight of the fact that he has had a SUITE NAMED AFTER HIM instead........

fish eel

Immortal
Gronk said:
Please don't lose sight that it was the Appointed Trustees of the Parramatta Stadium Trust that did this - a bunch of overpaid public servants.

IT WASN'T THE CLUB ! :crazy:

who are on the trust gronk? ;-)

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:
mate, I just don't think it's as big a deal as alot of people but at the same time I've been very vocal at the clubs weak aknowledgement of it's history and past legends, we should be celebrating that part of our clubs history at every home game..

that, to me is a bigger issue.

Question Eela.

These corporate suites.

Where are they? Up the back of the western stand?

Do you think having a corporate suite as opposed to that great lounge is a bit of a downgrade?

....and I am wondering where it will end.

If something happens to the Suites and a decision is made down the track do we just settle for the Ray Price Dead Ball Line?

stuke

Bench
if you read his book you will gain an understanding what having the bar named after him meant to him. i am sure his passion would not have diminished over time.

fish eel

Immortal
Belly in Brisvegas said:
....and I am wondering where it will end.

If something happens to the Suites and a decision is made down the track do we just settle for the Ray Price Dead Ball Line?

Ray Price corner flags?

and then andrew voss gets his way and the nrl do away with them.

Incidently, I saw the 'spokesman' for the trust board talking about the change of name:

"we have had clients from overseas who didnt know who ray price was"

But 'Cumberland' meant something to them? :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
fish eel said:
Question Eela.

These corporate suites.

Where are they? Up the back of the western stand?

Do you think having a corporate suite as opposed to that great lounge is a bit of a downgrade?

stuffed if i know..is it really that big an issue??? :lol:

it's probably looked at as a downgrade in terms of the size of suite in comparason to the lounge..

I'd like to know why aren't we calling the North and South Terrace the Peter Sterling and Brett Kenny terrace respectively???

probably a non issue considering the Telegraph haven't caught up on it yet.

Stagger eel

Staff member
fish eel said:
Ray Price corner flags?

and then andrew voss gets his way and the nrl do away with them.

Incidently, I saw the 'spokesman' for the trust board talking about the change of name:

"we have had clients from overseas who didnt know who ray price was"

But 'Cumberland' meant something to them? :lol:

yeah..didn't recognise that bloke from the board, obviously he was appointed by the State Government who now run the stadium.;-)

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:
stuffed if i know..is it really that big an issue??? :lol:

it's probably looked at as a downgrade in terms of the size of suite in comparason to the lounge..

well if you dont know where it is and I dont know where it is.....and I hazard a guess between the two of us we've been there a few time :lol:

I'd like to know why aren't we calling the North and South Terrace the Peter Sterling and Brett Kenny terrace respectively???

probably a non issue considering the Telegraph haven't caught up on it yet.

aren't there big signs there? :?

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:
yeah..didn't recognise that bloke from the board, obviously he was appointed by the State Government who now run the stadium.;-)

you have to admit eela, that was a bizarra thing to say :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
fish eel said:
aren't there big signs there? :?

the signs are old and tired and if you buy a ticket for that Area I can assure you that they wouldn't print the Peter Sterling terrace on the stub.

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:
the signs are old and tired and if you buy a ticket for that Area I can assure you that they wouldn't print the Peter Sterling terrace on the stub.

The signage is still there.

Do you think there'd be an uproar if they decided to take the signs down and out them on a corporate suite?

I dont think ticketks for those terraces have ever said sterling or kenny?

Parra Guru

Coach
OK, I apologise for this rant but I've kept my nose out of the forum for a while but I have to say that this decision, whoever made it, is atrocious. And if it was the 'trust' then our board should have had the balls to take a stand. Ray Price is my favourite all time player, and the way that this club has and continues to treat him is appauling.

I find it disgraceful how we let our current crop who get paid a ridiculous amount of money in comparison, run around like headless chooks and all Fitzy can come up with is 'it's disappointing'. Wow Tim Smith on yet another alcohol ban. Big balls Parra. Last time didn't they say that they were going to sack him if he disgraced himself again?

As I continue to stress, the salaries keep going up, the public interaction down, the premiership drought lengthens and they do something like this to a guy who was there for all 4 premierships and would play with his leg chopped off if he had to. I don't know why we try so hard to dishearten the players involved in our history, when none of the current lot are creating anything.

I'm sorry but this has just pissed me off. And you know, sometimes when things go wrong with the team off field you try and remember the reasons why you love the club, and then they spit in your face with sh*t like this.

Gronk

Staff member
fish eel said:
who are on the trust gronk? ;-)
"Members of the Parramatta Stadium Trust are appointed by the Governor on the recommendation of the Minister for Sport and Recreation."

Parramatta Stadium Trust Act 1988

From what I understand, there are 7 members of the trust. One is DF (by his admission in the press yesterday. He was not present at that meeting).

Major players on the payroll are:

Venue Manager: Luke Coleman
lcoleman@parramattastadium.com.au

Finance Manager: Pushpa Senaratne
psenaratne@parramattastadium.com.au

Events and Administration Manager: Michael Berdon
mberdon@parramattastadium.com.au

fish eel

Immortal
Gronk said:
"Members of the Parramatta Stadium Trust are appointed by the Governor on the recommendation of the Minister for Sport and Recreation."

Parramatta Stadium Trust Act 1988

From what I understand, there are 7 members of the trust. One is DF (by his admission in the press yesterday. He was not present at that meeting).

Major players on the payroll are:

Venue Manager: Luke Coleman
lcoleman@parramattastadium.com.au

Finance Manager: Pushpa Senaratne
psenaratne@parramattastadium.com.au

Events and Administration Manager: Michael Berdon
mberdon@parramattastadium.com.au

Exactly.

So the football club has a voice on the board.

I'd be surprised if an agenda wasn't circulated so Fitzy would have or should have known what was on the agenda.

Also, his quotes printed in the tele IMO indicate backing of the boards decision. So whether he was there or not, he has opened himself to cop some of the flak imo.

NTHNBEACHESEEL

Juniors
100% correct Parra Guru! Pricey would die for this club! He won us 4 premierships and I dont know of one other player who has played or plays with the same passion as Pricey.You could be my hero :)

parra pete

Referee
I agree with PG about Ray Price..But It was not a football Club decision..It was a Stadium Trust decision.
Why is Fitzy the one to cop all the blame?