What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ray Warren diagnosed with Prostate Cancer

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Survival for children

Worldwide,

10.6 million died in 2003 before they reached the age of 5 (same as children population in France, Germany, Greece and Italy)

1.4 million die each year from lack of access to safe drinking water and adequate sanitation

Health of children

2.2 million children die each year because they are not immunized

15 million children orphaned due to HIV/AIDS (similar to the total children population in Germany or United Kingdom)

0.00000001% = me giving a damn about ray warren
If you were such a humanitarian you'd 'give a damn' about the plight of all people whoever they are.

Another fail by charlie.

Byron Knight

Juniors
sometimes the truth must be told even though the masses don't want to hear it! people care about ray warren, britney spears, lindsay lohan and just bieber more than starving kids!!

And please enlighten us to your telling contributions to save the world? What do you do to help you sleep at night? I can't stand his commentating, but that's not to say you can't offer best wishes to someone.

You're an idiot.

Brutus

Referee
Hopefully Ray gets through this prostrate cancer thing and decides to ease his workload by giving up the commentary. Reduce the stress and just take it easy.

Best wishes Rabbs.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Hopefully Ray gets through this prostrate cancer thing and decides to ease his workload by giving up the commentary. Reduce the stress and just take it easy.

Best wishes Rabbs.

i think he has a plan to maybe call it quits after next year

wants to do the Olympics

DecoyRunner

Juniors
Bad luck for the old boy. Hope he comes out on top.

Here you are, gentlemen:

"Because preliminary research has shown an inverse correlation between consumption of tomatoes and cancer risk, lycopene has been considered a potential agent for prevention of some types of cancers, particularly prostate cancer. However, this area of research and the relationship with prostate cancer have been deemed insufficient of evidence for health claim approval by the US Food and Drug Administration (see below under Antioxidant properties and potential health benefits)."

Link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycopene

Raw tomatoes are excellent for hangovers as well. If you can keep 'em down.

undertaker

Coach
i think he has a plan to maybe call it quits after next year

wants to do the Olympics

Yes. I believe I heard him say that this was his plan about a year or so ago. Since Ch9 have the rights to the London Olympics, I believe Ray's plan was to do the swimming at the Olympics and then retire either after the Olympics or, most likely, at the end of the NRL Season, which is interesting since the current tv rights deal expires at the end of next year. It would be great for him to call it quits at the end of next season, Ch9 to lose the NRL rights so that I don't have to hear Voss call Origin, let alone NRL matches from 2013 onwards. Win-win for everyone

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
fmd...some people on this thread are showing their true colours. People have a go at me sometimes for supposedly being a troll and those very same people are almost gleeful that a bloke who hasn't done anything to them is suffering from cancer.

It's times like these I really hope Karma exists.

Last edited:

zac.rodgers

Juniors
No matter what way it happens, and hopefully it is his choice when, it will be a sad day when Ray Warren doesn't call any more Grand Final or State of Origin matches...

bottle

Coach
Yesss wellll.....some people. If ever there were any doubts they have been well and truly dispelled.
Wouldn't wish cancer on anyone, well, maybe a paedophile.
Good luck Rabs. Met him through some mates some time ago, nice bloke, very friendly. Sure he has a huge ego, but doesn't stop him from being a human being.
The Big C is a filthy thing. It tears up not just the individual but their family and friends as well. Disrupts and can destroy livelihoods and relationships. You have to be strong and be surrounded by strength and love to get through it. Fortunately this type of cancer is beatable if detected early enough. A message to all of us on here approaching or at the vulnerable age that to dismiss the doc's dreaded finger is way too risky! Get checked and avoid it getting hold is the way to go.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Today is Warren's 68th Birthday too ... Happy Birthday to the old fella, hope he pulls through!!

But this got me confused:
“You don't want to leave this life when you're having a good time. And I'm having a very good time, because I've got a lovely wife and a thirteen year old daughter”

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21334
Surely at almost 70, having a 13 y/o daughter is a bit f**king weird?!

DecoyRunner

Juniors
Today is Warren's 68th Birthday too ... Happy Birthday to the old fella, hope he pulls through!!

But this got me confused:

Surely at almost 70, having a 13 y/o daughter is a bit f**king weird?!

super_sperm.jpg

innsaneink

Referee
His son Chris who played with Wests would be in his 30s/40s....maybe he remarried.

Its not that weird