What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 17 v Knights

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Kenny is winning me over, he is never going to be Api, but he doesn't have to be. His situational awareness is on the up and if it keeps on that trajectory he offers enough. At least is he is able to make the markers give at least a seconds thought to what he might do.
Yes yes yes. Didn't think I'd be happy with him there for 80. But the last month he has stood up. Now Luke's Bench spot needs replacing.

I'd go with
Martin, Smith, Lenui, Salmon at Full strengh.

Last edited:

Munky

Coach
Kenny is beginning to look an average first grader in terms of ability at his position.

I doubted him but he's starting to do a job. Can hold the middle too in defence which allows Pantherball to be played.

Likely to never be in demand by other clubs as well.

Needs to get the bad misdirected pass out of his game though.

MugaB

Coach
Kenny is winning me over, he is never going to be Api, but he doesn't have to be. His situational awareness is on the up and if it keeps on that trajectory he offers enough. At least is he is able to make the markers give at least a seconds thought to what he might do.
In defence too, ive seem him notice their hooker think they got some space around the ruck, then wham! NahUH here's Kenny.... he is starting to become dylan edwards v.2.0 but as a hooker... not flashy in attack, but defense minded and solid.. after seeing his efforts in the last GF creaming those eels fwds alongside Leota, he is up there with my favorite panthers lately

The Realist

Juniors
Sorry I haven't really read this thread but came in to say that PEachey turned back the clock and then some. Last week I said that for every Diamond he lays three turds.... well On SAturday he lay diamond after diamond - could almost do no wrong.

In saying that it was still a worrying game in the last 20 or so. With so much extra possession, so many more metres gains, so many less tackles and errors made - and we were only leading by 8 points. Should have had 20 on them. We were just a touch of luck and an error from having 2 dominant games turned losses in arow.

Converse to Peach, Salmon had a very good game against the cowboys - but he was absolutely putrid against the Knights. A very very poor performance as 5/8.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Everyone has said Kenny is coming along really well.

The criticism of peachey isn't that he's shit it's that he's inconsistent. The gap between his best and worst is pretty big.
No I believe he's terrible. One lucky game against Newcastle means nothing. Can you imagine Souths or Melbourne with 80mins to target him at centre?
A small bench role at most is his ceiling

Black Diamond

Juniors
No I believe he's terrible. One lucky game against Newcastle means nothing. Can you imagine Souths or Melbourne with 80mins to target him at centre?
A small bench role at most is his ceiling
And I believe you are a wanker. No luck involved, give credit where it's due, he played well was not a "lucky game".

Did you not watch Souths yesterday? They were dreadful and Melbourne were very ordinary against a useless Manly team.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
And I believe you are a wanker. No luck involved, give credit where it's due, he played well was not a "lucky game".

Did you not watch Souths yesterday? They were dreadful and Melbourne were very ordinary against a useless Manly team.
I've watched his whole career it was a lucky game.
As for your petty name calling I'll let it slide because I sure as f**k know you wouldn't say it to my face

WestyLife

First Grade

Damn people get really upset if you criticise a Panthers player.

Black Diamond

Juniors
I've watched his whole career it was a lucky game.
As for your petty name calling I'll let it slide because I sure as f**k know you wouldn't say it to my face
What are you on about? If you watched his whole career, you should know he was pretty bloody good for us in his last stint. The years at Titans and Tigers were the worst thing for him. He is only just getting his confidence back being back at club he loves in a system that nurtures strengths.

As for the petty name calling...aren't you the one who is a self proclaimed dickhead...your own words.

Yeah sure I'd say it to your face.

Latest posts