What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 17 v Knights

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
What are you on about? If you watched his whole career, you should know he was pretty bloody good for us in his last stint. The years at Titans and Tigers were the worst thing for him. He is only just getting his confidence back being back at club he loves in a system that nurtures strengths.

As for the petty name calling...aren't you the one who is a self proclaimed dickhead...your own words.

Yeah sure I'd say it to your face.

I totally agree.

The Peach has played his best football in Black. As one of the commentators said over the weekend. Peachy's style of play suit Penrith, and Peach does well here.

Again 'Chins get the wins' your irrational bias against Peachy has reared it's head again.

He was also great against the Cows except for one mistake during extra time.

It's time 'Chins get the wins' to comment on the game, not on a bias.

Black Diamond

Juniors
I don’t know how the game looked on TV but I thought at the game, few beers on board admittedly, it was a decent contest. They tried hard, we were obviously no where near full strength, it was a danger game so really happy with the two points.
That half a NSW Cup team were Premiers last year and the other half were NRL Premiers so still the makings of a good team.

Kilkenny

Coach
Damn people get really upset if you criticise a Panthers player.
I think it is the way criticism is dished out to certain players. It is not confined to this forum, our forum here, you see it on almost all fan boards. A couple of examples of former Panthers say Jed Cartwright, Billy Burns cop heaps on there respective fan forums.

My own personal view is the players entrusted with a spot in our 17 should be supported. If a player has a poor game, there is nothing wrong with pointing that out, but it is the generic criticism that such and such a player is hopeless, useless whatever that certain fans get upset with. Mitch Kenny is perhaps the best example we have. Gives 100% every week and rarely gets any credit albeit there seems to a softening on the stance in recent weeks.

WestyLife

First Grade
I don’t know how the game looked on TV but I thought at the game, few beers on board admittedly, it was a decent contest. They tried hard, we were obviously no where near full strength, it was a danger game so really happy with the two points.

So am I but there's no way their fans would be happy with that effort and execution. They got out coached and out played AOB should be getting asked questions.

The Realist

Juniors
I thought Matt Eusinhuth was terrific. For a guy again given very little credit he never has a bad game for us. Works his butt off, just a great squad player.

Very good in the #13 Yeo type role and I really appreciate him when he plays it. But as a prop he is a reserve grader.

Kilkenny

Coach
So am I but there's no way their fans would be happy with that effort and execution. They got out coached and out played AOB should be getting asked questions.
AOB is probably next cab of the rank in terms of getting the flick. It’s a results driven business and despite finishing top 8 in his first couple of seasons they are struggling at present. Hard to see him surviving beyond the 3nd of his current deal.

Kilkenny

Coach
Very good in the #13 Yeo type role and I really appreciate him when he plays it. But as a prop he is a reserve grader.
I think we just need to appreciate his strengths and not bogged down on what he can’t do. I think that is the main issue with this forum generally, we get to bogged down on talking up what some of our players can’t do rather than just appreciating what they can offer. Given the seemingly never ending player exodus we have done extraordinary well thus far this season. Tough road ahead but we are hanging in there.

Kilkenny

Coach
I haven’t had an opportunity to watch of replay of this game, probably won’t get an opportunity now, but wife is a decent judge and she was really pleased so it must have been decent, albeit not perfect.

WestyLife

First Grade
I think we just need to appreciate his strengths and not bogged down on what he can’t do. I think that is the main issue with this forum generally, we get to bogged down on talking up what some of our players can’t do rather than just appreciating what they can offer. Given the seemingly never ending player exodus we have done extraordinary well thus far this season. Tough road ahead but we are hanging in there.

We will never focus on just the positive by itself that's just not realistic.

Kilkenny

Coach
We will never focus on just the positive by itself that's just not realistic.
Just the dynamics of fan forums. I understand it.

I am a Man Utd fan lived there before emigrating to Oz in 1970. I follow there main fan forum Redcafe, if anyone thinks we are negative we have nothing compared that forum , it is truly depressing.

Well said Kilkenny.

What gets me is that we have one player on 1.3m and others on about a tenth of that. I don’t begrudge Nathan his money, but the reality is that we have players with widely different skill sets and on widely different money, but there is little of that nuance in the commentary on here sometimes; just that so and so isn’t fit to be a first grader etc.

Using Api and Mitch as examples, many are upset we let Api go and promoted Mitch and Luke; but it is neither API’s, nor Mitch’s, nor Soni’s fault but instead the club needed to make a decision about how to fit 30 players into the cap. I appreciate that people might not agree with that decision, but can we please a) articulate our disagreement without having a go at Kenny and Luke (both of whom many on here like, try their guts out and are improving rapidly) and b) not mention it every, damn game.

It’s as repetitive as the constant criticism of Edwards used to be.

Black Diamond

Juniors
Well said Kilkenny.

What gets me is that we have one player on 1.3m and others on about a tenth of that. I don’t begrudge Nathan his money, but the reality is that we have players with widely different skill sets and on widely different money, but there is little of that nuance in the commentary on here sometimes; just that so and so isn’t fit to be a first grader etc.

Using Api and Mitch as examples, many are upset we let Api go and promoted Mitch and Luke; but it is neither API’s, nor Mitch’s, nor Soni’s fault but instead the club needed to make a decision about how to fit 30 players into the cap. I appreciate that people might not agree with that decision, but can we please a) articulate our disagreement without having a go at Kenny and Luke (both of whom many on here like, try their guts out and are improving rapidly) and b) not mention it every, damn game.

Well said also

Kilkenny

Coach
Well said Kilkenny.

Great post.

Latest posts