What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 17 v Knights

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Peachey will always have a strong entertaining game in him against weak sides but come finals his ball hogging and brain snaps are way too big a risk. He totally ignores his winger 95% of the time.

Pomoz

Bench
I think a lot of the peach criticism comes from concerns over loosing Crichton and the unknown replacement next year.

I have always loved peachy but I also find it uncomfortable not knowing a succession plan for the centres.
I know that sounds kind of stupid, next year is a long way away and Ivan continues to come up with the goods, but it just kind of lingers in the background.
Obviously for a few people peachy, Kenny and Soni are the pieces of the puzzle that don’t feel quite right.

I spend a fair bit of time thinking about our team, and the reason I post here is to voice my thoughts and concerns to be people who have may have an understanding.

I don’t need validation, and I don’t really like the bickering, but I get it, we are passionate about the Panthers and that’s why we are here, we all have different itches to scratch lol.
Taylan May is the succession plan. He will be an awesome centre.

Fangs

Coach
It's obvious we aren't blooding new players beyond who started last night. Tyrone is going to be the guy when injuries strike.

He does bring a lot of experience. He has never been close to a grand final. I'd back him to play a tight game if given the chance. For some reason I have a feeling he will be around the team late in the season so I think we will find out.

Iamback

Coach
It's obvious we aren't blooding new players beyond who started last night. Tyrone is going to be the guy when injuries strike.

He does bring a lot of experience. He has never been close to a grand final. I'd back him to play a tight game if given the chance. For some reason I have a feeling he will be around the team late in the season so I think we will find out.

Hopefully we get into a position to rest a stack of guys late in the year, It would be better to have some more guys ready to go for options

Pomoz

Bench
For me Turuva was our man of the match even the commentators where thinking he would get towel up by the knights winger .but he not only held his own but out jumped his once .Had a great game
Yeah, tough assignment. I expect he will keep his place next year, well deserved and May will move to centre.

May has that bit of grit about him that elevates him from average to good. Tough, hungry and the right body shape for the centres.

Last edited:

Bob

Juniors
For me Turuva was our man of the match even the commentators where thinking he would get towel up by the knights winger .but he not only held his own but out jumped his once .Had a great game
Nope, Tago for mine, he was enormous,

MOST METRES
  • Izack Tago: 247m (21 runs)
  • Tyrone Peachey: 204m (18 runs)
  • Dylan Edwards: 200m (22 runs)
  • Matt Eisenhuth: 158m (20 runs)
  • Sunia Turuva: 142m (15 runs)
  • James Fisher-Harris: 139m (15 runs)
  • Moses Leota: 123m (14 runs)
  • Scott Sorensen: 120m (14 runs)
  • Linday Smith: 105m (12 runs)
  • Tom Jenkins: 104m (12 runs)
POST CONTACT METRES
  • Izack Tago: 81m
  • Tyrone Peachey: 54m
  • James Fisher-Harris: 50m
  • Moses Leota: 48m
  • Scott Sorensen: 42m
  • Lindsay Smith: 40m
  • Zac Hosking: 40m
MOST TACKLE BREAKS
  • Izack Tago: 10
  • Dylan Edwards: 8
  • Sunia Turuva: 6
  • Tyrone Peachey: 6
  • Spencer Leniu: 6
  • James Fisher-Harris: 5
  • Luke Garner: 4

John Hamblin

Juniors
Thanks Kilkenny for your lovely comment.

I learnt about rugby league basically at my dad's knee.

I'm the youngest in my family (by 11 and 7 years) I have 2 much older brothers.

I started watching at my dad's knee in 1967 (the year my parents bought a telly) Yes I was 10 years old. The ABC Saturday match of the day.

My wonderful dad and brothers explained the rules when I asked questions, and it was something my dad, my older brothers and I bonded over.

I can clearly remember Eric Simms and his kicking duels. The 4 tackle sets, pushing in the scrums, the thuggery, the fact that there were only 2 reserves on the bench. (whom had already played a full game in cup). They were only to be used as injury replacements.

I remember watching the grandfinal when Raper had a painkilling injection that went wrong, he played badly. That was the game when he wore the white footy boots.

I remember seeing the grandfinal when Sattler had his jaw broken.

I remember seeing Manly's first grandfinal win too. Seeing a very young Bobby Fulton play.

I remember seeing my first ever test match at the SCG against the poms in 1975 (after I left the country and moved to Sydney)
......It was an afternoon game. I was enthralled.

I remember it all.

There isn't much in the game I haven't seen at least once.

I had some time away from the game when my children were very young, as I was quite busy raising them.

Even then I still took an interest.

No I don't obsess about stats, and then misuse them to explain a warped viewpoint.

I also don't demand that others accept my viewpoint as gospel either.

'Footy Nerds' come in all shapes and sizes, they even come as fat old ladies who use a walker named 'Annie'.
Hey i was at that game 1975 GF I think. It was Changa langlands an absolute super star not Raper. The roosters flogged them

Chins get the wins

First Grade
He's doing all the hard stuff fantastically but I still believe we are wasting his footwork and talents. I'd like to see him come through the middle occasionally running off Leota and Yeo's hips

Iamback

Coach
I think moving Tago to right last night was a little look to the future. Maybe May/Turuva left side next year?
I thought Tago was outstanding last night.

Tago has looked pretty good both weeks on the right, Just need to see if he can pass on that side

He was good but my top 3 were:

1. Tago
2. Peachey
3. Leota

Kenny and Eisenhuth had really strong games too

Latest posts