What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 18 v Storm

WestyLife

First Grade

At the risk of being negative I get uneasy about Luke on the bench now. My reasons are different to chins I think he needs more minutes to get himself into a groove but either way the team seems to drop when he comes on and the storm are much better than the knights.

Otherwise keen to see how Edwards goes with a more full strength team he was getting involved in more passing and different parts of the field with the Origin players out. Hope that continues.

Kilkenny

Coach
Enjoy Kilkenny. Melbourne is a cool city; hope you can make your way around it easy enough.
I love Melbourne always have. Lived in Geelong for a little while as a 10 pound Pom before moving to Sydney (Chester Hill) and the onto Penrith.

We know our way around Melbourne pretty well have come down here at least once a year for over 20 years and two or three times a year now our eldest lives here.

We don’t have a good win loss ratio on our trips down here but our last visit was a pretty solid win so hoping we can back it up on Friday.

Kilkenny

Coach
Pretty weak bench but nothing we haven't discussed before
It’s the bench the coach keeps selecting?

Really, who are we to question his and his coaching staffs opinion.

Do you know better? I know I don’t. I could easily come up with another opinion or option but what does that really mean. I don't get it.

I agree with @Chins get the wins and @WestyLife that the bench doesn’t look as impactful as what I would hope; I think Soni has been down on confidence recently. Maybe the coaching staff reckon they can manage us/him through it, and so playing him in these less important games. But if it was a finals game this weekend I would actually put Hoskings into the starting side and bring Sorro back to the bench alongside Smith, Lenui and the Peach.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

Do you know better? I know I don’t. I could easily come up with another opinion or option but what does that really mean. I don't get it.
Shut the down forum what's even the point of discussion?

WestyLife

First Grade

At least that'd be interesting and something worth discussing if even just hypothetical.

Kilkenny

Coach
I understand what you're saying about mobility issues, and our current home ground. I'm in a similar position.

So good that you and yours can get down to Melbourne. Yell loud, drown out those ringing cowbells please. Enjoy yourselves.
This year is nice Alice my golfing buddy and his family are making the trip so six of us all up including my son who lives in Melbourne. Last time we played at AAMI there was a really good number of Panther fans so hoping it is the same on Friday night. Marvel Stadium is an AFL stadium to not ideal compared to AAMI which is rectangular but it is what is.

Kilkenny

Coach
Shut the down forum what's even the point of discussion?
No. That’s not right mate. You said explicitly a pretty weak bench!

I simply said that is the bench the coach thinks is best and who are we to argue?

I also said you and I could offer alternatives but suggest he perhaps is in a better position.

I may even agree with your assessment, perhaps we could offer a stronger bench. I’m just not going to go there, because what would I know.

If I was to offer my opinion, I would probably go with a different bench. My opinion only and I’ll keep it to myself.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

I simply said that is the bench the coach thinks is best and who are we to argue?

I also said you and I could offer alternatives but suggest he perhaps is in a better position.

I may even agree with your assessment, perhaps we could offer a stronger bench. I’m just not going to go there, because what would I know.

If I was to offer my opinion, I would probably go with a different bench. My opinion only and I’ll keep it to myself.
My apologies I'm on a lot of painkillers and im having surgery on my back this Thursday.

I still think the bench is too small and that it lacks impact apart from Spencer.
Ideally we need to find a single player who can fill Salmon and Luke's roles.

Kilkenny

Coach

Forget what I just posted.

If you want my opinion, I would go with Peachy in front of Soni Luke for this game.

Luke is getting minimal minutes anyway, so I personally think Peachy offers greater utility value and if need be can fill in for 10-15 minutes at dummy half.

That is my opinion. Means nothing. Was never attempting to shut down any discussion just pointing out the obvious even if I don't agree with it.

Kilkenny

Coach
My apologies I'm on a lot of painkillers and im having surgery on my back this Thursday.

I still think the bench is too small and that it lacks impact apart from Spencer.
Ideally we need to find a single player who can fill Salmon and Luke's roles.
100%. When you articulate your opinion in a constructive manner such as this I agree. You’ll get no argument from me.

I‘d play Eusinhuth in front of Salmon is Peachy is the 14 but I know that is never gonna happen. I think Peachy, Lenui, Smith and Eusinhuth is our strongest bench for this game but again what would I know.

Iamback

Coach
I agree with @Chins get the wins and @WestyLife that the bench doesn’t look as impactful as what I would hope; I think Soni has been down on confidence recently. Maybe the coaching staff reckon they can manage us/him through it, and so playing him in these less important games. But if it was a finals game this weekend I would actually put Hoskings into the starting side and bring Sorro back to the bench alongside Smith, Lenui and the Peach.

Still time for some changes, It looked a forward light most of the year.

WestyLife

First Grade
Forget what I just posted.

If you want my opinion, I would go with Peachy in front of Soni Luke for this game.

Luke is getting minimal minutes anyway, so I personally think Peachy offers greater utility value and if need be can fill in for 10-15 minutes at dummy half.

That is my opinion. Means nothing. Was never attempting to shut down any discussion just pointing out the obvious even if I don't agree with it.

There is a lot of value in that opinion. If you had peachey you have cover for 9/6/1 - 5 and can play 80 in first grade if required. Whereas Luke is a 9 who'll only play limited minutes at least in first grade.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
There is a lot of value in that opinion. If you had peachey you have cover for 9/6/1 - 5 and can play 80 in first grade if required. Whereas Luke is a 9 who'll only play limited minutes at least in first grade.
And at this stage he won't play them very well

Kilkenny

Coach
It is getting like that lately, Can't even discuss anything
No different than any other time over these past successful seasons. So that is simply not true.

I have said in your defence on more than one occasion I admire your passion and I respect that.

You need to accomodate the opinions of others without attempting to shut down their opinions when they don’t align with yours. Maybe you do it subconsciously I don’t know but it has been an issue on here and you need to take stock and just understand those that have an alternative opinion to you.