What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 18 v Storm

WestyLife

First Grade
I loved Peachy. The first time around.

You didn’t I have no issues with that at all.

That is an opinion. That’s fine.

What I have an issue with with some Umina/Chins just suggesting the player is shit full stop.

Peachy is not shit, never was, he is a talent, won us games back in the Hook era and other than his brain snap against the Cowboys which cost us at least one point has actually done a decent job filling in a arguably the most challenging position in the NRL.

Yeah I know that one of mine would be an unpopular opinion. He was pretty well loved back then.

MugaB

Coach
I don’t really think rotation has anything to do with it. IC just prefers Sorensen on an edge over Hosking. His game interchanges seem to back that up also and Smiths playing well enough to allow him to make that decision. Not that I agree with that.

Would still like to see Garner get some consistent time. Showed something v Knights I thought.
Martin is replacing Hosking, with salmondo there there isn't a need for hosking on the bench... if hosking was starting instead of martin, then martin would sub as a middle, and lindsay smith would be 18th man, as it is salmon is cover for halves, centre, backrow and hosking is 18th man... martin starting is key to this game... will rattle munster all game long on an edge, if he was a sub prop, munster has way too much influence during the first 20, and martin would only be effective up the middle...
That's how i see the bench... also peachey in at 14 would be good cover for hooker and centres incase edwards or wings get injured, as critta can cover that, but this aint finals.. so more time for soni luke is good preperation.. incase god forbid kenny is suspended or injured later on... smith more minutes is benefical too as we dont know the ins and out of the squad come finals time, and hosking probably needs a rest as stated previously by the LU faithful

Crashtest

Juniors
Just back off on the stats based analysis and just enjoy the ride, it’s not that bad.

Do what you do best, support the team, support the club and support the players you are pretty good at that.

I don’t agree with Iamback‘s opinions a lot of the time, but I still read his posts, even the ones with a lot of stats in them, as it still gives a different view to consider.

So I don’t think its right for you to be telling him or anyone else what they should and shouldn’t include in their posts. Otherwise you are doing what you are accusing others of.

If he wants to use stats to state a case or back an opinion and you don’t agree, or dont want to read it, just scroll past it, or put him on ignore.

WestyLife

First Grade
I don’t agree with Iamback‘s opinions a lot of the time, but I still read his posts, even the ones with a lot of stats in them, as it still gives a different view to consider.

So I don’t think its right for you to be telling him or anyone else what they should and shouldn’t include in their posts. Otherwise you are doing what you are accusing others of.

If he wants to use stats to state a case or back an opinion and you don’t agree, or dont want to read it, just scroll past it, or put him on ignore.

So much this. The different opinions and outlooks are what makes it interesting.

Iamback

Coach

Thanks.

That is why I post the stats, Not to seem superior or hell to even change anyone's mind.

If I put stats as my reasoning, I hope that someone with a differing opinion replies with their reasoning.

It lets me see what others are seeing, Next game I can keep an eye out for x player doing something I may not of noticed.

It is better to have a discussion than to be in an echo chamber

Iamback

Coach
Martin is replacing Hosking, with salmondo there there isn't a need for hosking on the bench... if hosking was starting instead of martin, then martin would sub as a middle, and lindsay smith would be 18th man, as it is salmon is cover for halves, centre, backrow and hosking is 18th man... martin starting is key to this game... will rattle munster all game long on an edge, if he was a sub prop, munster has way too much influence during the first 20, and martin would only be effective up the middle...
That's how i see the bench... also peachey in at 14 would be good cover for hooker and centres incase edwards or wings get injured, as critta can cover that, but this aint finals.. so more time for soni luke is good preperation.. incase god forbid kenny is suspended or injured later on... smith more minutes is benefical too as we dont know the ins and out of the squad come finals time, and hosking probably needs a rest as stated previously by the LU faithful

Hosking missed the Roosters game to being 'rested' though. We should see our best 17 this week. How we run out would be our finals 17

age.s

First Grade
Yeah second all that. GL chins. Think about a threepeat and your PMA will get you home.

BxTom

Bench
Yeah I know that one of mine would be an unpopular opinion. He was pretty well loved back then.

I think it's fair to say that most people were/are in two minds about the Peach. He never made any position his own and he was diamonds and rocks. But with the diamonds and rocks he did have some game changers. I do think though, that there were more diamonds than rocks - by about 2:1. I think that the job he's doing now is good. He's had two good games and one game where he made mistakes - but in extra time where ALL players were out on there feet. Yes, bad and costly mistake, but I think he cops a lot of unwarranted criticism from a couple of noise makers.

WestyLife

First Grade
I think it's fair to say that most people were/are in two minds about the Peach. He never made any position his own and he was diamonds and rocks. But with the diamonds and rocks he did have some game changers. I do think though, that there were more diamonds than rocks - by about 2:1. I think that the job he's doing now is good. He's had two good games and one game where he made mistakes - but in extra time where ALL players were out on there feet. Yes, bad and costly mistake, but I think he cops a lot of unwarranted criticism from a couple of noise makers.

That's probably what's done it. We've seen a few players over the years suffer from being a utility. It begs the question what he'd look like if he just played one position, say centre, for 80 minutes a week every week for his career.

soc123_au

Staff member
That's probably what's done it. We've seen a few players over the years suffer from being a utility. It begs the question what he'd look like if he just played one position, say centre, for 80 minutes a week every week for his career.
Same as Cartwright. His attitude to defence always was questionable, but I blame Hook for playing him out of position. If he was left to develop as an edge from when he debuted things could look much different for him now. Good to see he is playing well for Parra now at least.

Peachey has had a similar fate.

Latest posts