What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 2 2024: 8pm Penrith v Eels GAME DAY THREAD @ Bluebet Stadium March 15th

JokerEel

Coach
Downtown Chasers
A player is considered downtown when:
A player who is in front of the kicker in general play who intentionally advances beyond the point
of the previous play the ball before the ball has gone past him.

This is the interpretation of the downtown rule from the NRL

Panthers first try Yeo in our in goal Infront of the play the ball is that not a penalty?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Downtown Chasers
A player who is in front of the kicker in general play who intentionally advances beyond the point

Panthers first try Yeo in our in goal Infront of the play the ball is that not a penalty?

You must have missed the *

The * denotes that penrith play by a different set of rules and if the opposition team arcs up over said breaking of rules penrith must also receive a penalty.

lucablight

First Grade
f**k what a cesspool this joint quickly became.

Hands was on the bench as cover for Mitchell. As a hooker, his passing is pretty average so is he better than a tired Joey ? Subjective.

You want to put Brown in the centres ? BA said at half time that you’re only going to beat pennys if you have a go in attack. So you need Dylan roving. None of this switching around from D to A. Mitch was not right, so you needed Dylan there. That’s why he did it you pelicans.

It’s no surprise that the people that post most frequently in the I hate BA thread are claiming that his rotations cost us the game. C’mon we were never supposed to get near them and we had a crack. We made them look clunky.

Run at me loosers.
There was no reason Brown couldn’t have defended at centre but played five eighth in attack.

JokerEel

Coach
You must have missed the *

The * denotes that penrith play by a different set of rules and if the opposition team arcs up over said breaking of rules penrith must also receive a penalty.

I had to go look at the rules as I thought it would say in your own half but it doesn't mention that at all ...

JokerEel

Coach
I just love the bunker though..

Gutho challenges his knock on Atkins says he can't see anything that he can overturn the refs call.. Even thought was pretty clear no touch.

But he somehow can tell which hand is Browns when Klein goes to the bunker for a no try (which he did a few times just to f**k us)

Then can clearly see that Cleary doesn't know it on which it looked like he did near the end of the game...

Soto

Bench
I just love the bunker though..

Gutho challenges his knock on Atkins says he can't see anything that he can overturn the refs call.. Even thought was pretty clear no touch.

But he somehow can tell which hand is Browns when Klein goes to the bunker for a no try (which he did a few times just to f**k us)

Then can clearly see that Cleary doesn't know it on which it looked like he did near the end of the game...
Klein and Atkins should really result in us never winning a game....I'd like to see stats when those two have been in charge...I'd like to be pleasantly surprised in being wrong but somehow think the two together is a recipe for disaster for us

JokerEel

Coach
Klein and Atkins should really result in us never winning a game....I'd like to see stats when those two have been in charge...I'd like to be pleasantly surprised in being wrong but somehow think the two together is a recipe for disaster for us

I had the stats for when Atkins was the main ref for our games in another thread .

But in 2023 we had Atkins 3 times for 3 losses.

betcats

Referee
Downtown Chasers

Yeo played the ball and stood there cleary ran back towards him and grubbered and Yeo ran forward to get out of the way, he was going away from where the ball was heading as he was out of play not chasing the kick it’s nowhere near what the rule was brought in for and it had zero effect on the try being scored.

Luai should’ve been binned but expecting a downtown call on that play is just silly.

Noise

Coach
Yeo played the ball and stood there cleary ran back towards him and grubbered and Yeo ran forward to get out of the way, he was going away from where the ball was heading as he was out of play not chasing the kick it’s nowhere near what the rule was brought in for and it had zero effect on the try being scored.

Luai should’ve been binned but expecting a downtown call on that play is just silly.
Yea I tend to agree. Yeo wasn’t downtown but luai should have been binned.

JokerEel

Coach

That's ok if he played the ball that's fine I missed it... Thanks for clearing that up!

But your other part isn't in the rules so if another Penrith player was Infront of the play the ball when Cleary kicked it then that's downtown offside even if he doesn't play at it in the in goal.

hindy111

Post Whore

Better side win. End of story.
Penrith greased their arses

Angry_eel

First Grade

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

Knocking on in goal is not what the 7 tackle set was brought in for yet is ruled as such. Doesn't matter why a rule was brought in, if you breach that rule you should be penalised.

betcats

Referee
Knocking on in goal is not what the 7 tackle set was brought in for yet is ruled as such. Doesn't matter why a rule was brought in, if you breach that rule you should be penalised.

Come on they aren’t going to blow a penalty every time there’s a player in front of a kicker . Yeo is standing where he played the ball until the ball is kicked toward him and he moves forward to get out of the way but he moves away from ball. The rule is about kick chasers gaining advantage sprinting down field before the ball is kicked past them, there was a clear advantage to doing that. There was attempt to gain an advantage in what Yeo did he is just getting out of the way.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Come on they aren’t going to blow a penalty every time there’s a player in front of a kicker . Yeo is standing where he played the ball until the ball is kicked toward him and he moves forward to get out of the way but he moves away from ball. The rule is about kick chasers gaining advantage sprinting down field before the ball is kicked past them, there was a clear advantage to doing that. There was attempt to gain an advantage in what Yeo did he is just getting out of the way.

There's unintentional things that go penalised all the time in the game. Doesn't matter what his intentions were, he still made an illegal play.

Latest posts